Dementia is a syndrome characterized by a progressive cognitive deficit in multiple domains, behavioral and psychological symptoms (BPSD), which may ultimately lead to dependency on caregivers. Diabetes associated with Dementia is a risk factor for developing Vascular Dementia (VaD), mixed Dementia, Alzheimer's disease (AD), and mild cognitive impairment (MCI).
Patients who express both AD and cerebrovascular pathology may receive a diagnosis of mixed Dementia. Dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB) is considered the third most common, but conclusive evidence is still lacking. Less frequent dementia disorders include Parkinson's disease dementia (PDD) and front temporal Dementia (FTD).
Dementia with Diabetes Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Dementia with Diabetes in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Prevalent Population of Dementia
- Age-specific prevalent population of Dementia
- Type-specific prevalent population of Dementia
- Severity-specific Prevalent Population of Alzheimer's Dementia
- Prevalence of Dementia (Alzheimer's disease) with Diabetes
- The total prevalent cases of Dementia in 7MM was 21,021,021 in 2017
- The prevalence of Dementia with diabetes in the US in 2017 was 2,144,826
- Five major EU countries occupied around 32.4% of the Dementia patient pool amongst 7MM in 2017.
The market size of Dementia with diabetes in 7MM in 2017 was USD 1,180.98 Million
Dementia with Diabetes Market Drivers
- Research and Development Strategies
- Increasing Burden of Various forms of Dementia
- Increasing Population
Dementia with Diabetes Market Barriers
- Availability of generics
- Reduced compliance and diagnostic rate
- Lack of awareness
The emerging drugs of Dementia with Diabetes market are
- Azeliragon (TTP488)
- Victoza (liraglutide)
And many others.
Dementia with Diabetes Key Players
The key players in Dementia with Diabetes market are
- vTv Therapeutics
- Novo Nordisk
And many others.