Oral Mucositis refers to an erythematous and ulcerative lesion of the oral mucosa seen in patients with cancer being treated with chemotherapy, and/or with radiation therapy to fields comprising of the oral cavity.
This can lead to various problems, including pain, nutritional problems as a result of the inability to eat, and increased risk of infection because of open sores in the mucosa. It has a significant effect on the patient’s quality of life and can be dose-limiting. This condition generally begins 5-10 days following the initiation of chemotherapy and lasts one week to six weeks or more.
Oral Mucositis diagnosis is typically based on the appearance, location, and timing of oral lesions, and the medical history, which may show a medication or treatment form that is highly linked with the disease.
Oral Mucositis Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Oral Mucositis in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Incident Cases
- Grade-specific Incident Cases
- Total Treated Cases
Oral Mucositis Epidemiology
- The total Oral Mucositis incident cases in 7MM in 2017 were 1,418,879
- The total treated cases of Oral Mucositis in 7MM in 2017 were 1,021,399
The therapeutic Oral Mucositis market in 7MM in 2017 was USD 1,052.7 million
Oral Mucositis Market Drivers
- Increasing Incidence of Cancer patients
- Ongoing Research and Development
- Robust Pipeline Activity
Oral Mucositis Market Barriers
- Limited awareness about the disease
- Lack of diagnostic methods
- The high cost of treatment
Oral Mucositis Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Oral Mucositis market are
- Cooral System
- Validive (Clonidine Lauriad)
- MuReva Phototherapy System
- Avasopasem (GC4419)
And many others.
Oral Mucositis Key Players
The key players in the Oral Mucositis market are
- Innovation Pharmaceuticals
- Enzychem Lifesciences Corporation
- Monopar Therapeutics
- MuReva (Lumitex)
- Prothex Pharma
- Galera Therapeutics
And many others.