Postpartum depression (PPD) is the most common non-psychotic complication of childbearing affecting approximately 10–15% of women and as such, represents a considerable public health problem affecting women and their families. There are three common forms of postpartum affective illness: the blues (baby blues, maternity blues), postpartum (or postnatal) depression, and puerperal (postpartum or postnatal) psychosis, each of which differs in its prevalence, clinical presentation, and management.
Postpartum Depression Epidemiological Segmentation
- Total Diagnosed Postpartum Depression Prevalent Population
- Type-specific Diagnosed Prevalence of Postpartum Depression
Postpartum Depression Epidemiological Insights Observed in 2020
- The total diagnosed Postpartum Depression prevalent population in the United States was found to be 621,340.
- DelveInsight has also made an analysis on the various types of depression that occur post-pregnancy such as Baby Blues, Postpartum Psychosis, Postpartum OCD, Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and Postpartum Panic Disorder. In the United States, the number of cases of these disorders were 2,067,000, 62,010, 206,700, 413,400 and 289,380, respectively in 2020.
- According to DelveInsight estimates, the total diagnosed Postpartum Depression prevalent population In the United States is estimated to increase at a CAGR of 0.60%, during the study period (2018-2030).
The market size of Postpartum Depression in the United States was found to be USD 42 million in 2020.
Postpartum Depression Market Drivers
- Increasing Cases of Postpartum Depression
- Increasing Awareness of Postpartum Depression
- Zulresso’s Positive Breastfeeding Data
- An improvement over Conventional Therapies
Postpartum Depression Market Barriers
- Adverse side effects associated with current therapy
- Under diagnoses and under treatment
- Lack of Proper Diagnostic Tools
- Lack of Patient Compliance
The emerging drugs of the Postpartum Depression market are
- Zuranolone (SAGE-217)
- Ganaxolone (CCD-1042), and others
Postpartum Depression Key Players
The key players working in the Postpartum Depression market are
- Sage Therapeutics
- Marinus Pharmaceuticals, and others
Stay tuned for recent updates on Postpartum Depression treatment landscape