Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP) is defined as a large group of inherited vision disorders that cause progressive retina's progressive degeneration. Retinitis Pigmentosa causes the breakdown of photoreceptor cells (cells in the retina that detect light). Most forms of Retinitis Pigmentosa initially cause the breakdown of rod cells. These forms of Retinitis Pigmentosa, sometimes called rod-cone dystrophy, usually begin with night blindness.
About half of people with the disease have another family member with the condition. RP is passed from generation to generation can tell, who in the family has had the condition, how severely the vision could be affected, and the chances of the children being affected.
Retinitis Pigmentosa Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Retinitis Pigmentosa in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Gender-Specific Diagnosed Prevalence in the 7MM
- Type-Specific Diagnosed Prevalence in the 7MM
- Sub-Type Specific Diagnosed Prevalence of Syndromic and Systemic Retinitis Pigmentosa in the 7MM
- Sub-Type Specific Diagnosed Prevalence of Non-Syndromic Retinitis Pigmentosa in the 7MM
- The diagnosed Retinitis Pigmentosa prevalent population in the 7MM in 2017 was 253,420
- The diagnosed prevalence of Retinitis Pigmentosa in the United States in 2017 was 108,787
- Among the European 5 countries, Germany had the highest diagnosed prevalent population was 30,642
Retinitis Pigmentosa Market Size in the 7MM in 2017 was USD 237.27 million
Retinitis Pigmentosa Market Drivers
- Increasing R&D Activities
- Market share
- Raising Awareness
- Novel Curative Therapies
Retinitis Pigmentosa Market Barriers
- Lack of awareness about the disease
- Complex Pathophysiology
- Lack of Clinically Relevant Biomarker
- The high cost of therapy
The emerging drugs of the Retinitis Pigmentosa market are
And many others.
Retinitis Pigmentosa Key Players
The key players in the Retinitis Pigmentosa market are
- Dompé Farmaceutici
- Neurotech Pharmaceuticals
- ReNeuron Limited
And many others.
Subscribe to our newsletter series to get recent updates on Retinitis Pigmentosa Market Landscape