Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is an Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) that causes inflammation and ulcers (sores) in the digestive tract. Ulcerative Colitis affects the innermost lining of the large intestine (colon) and rectum. Symptoms usually develop over time rather than suddenly.
Ulcerative Colitis Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Ulcerative Colitis in 7MM from 2018 to 2030 is segmented into:-
- Total Prevalent Cases of Ulcerative Colitis
- Total Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Ulcerative Colitis
- Age-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Ulcerative Colitis
- Severity-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Ulcerative Colitis
- Total Treated Cases of Ulcerative Colitis
Ulcerative Colitis Epidemiological Insights Observed in 2020
- The total Ulcerative Colitis prevalent population in 7MM was 2,201,831.
- The total diagnosed cases of Ulcerative Colitis in 7MM was 1,577,979.
- The number of prevalent cases of Ulcerative Colitis in the United States was 1,008,823.
- In Germany, the number of Ulcerative Colitis prevalent cases was 342,785.
- The Ulcerative Colitis diagnosed prevalent cases by severity in the United States for the number of mild cases was 710,091 cases while for moderate to severe cases, it was observed to be 867,888 cases.
- The total Ulcerative Colitis treated cases in 7MM was 781,100.
The Ulcerative Colitis therapeutic market is expected to increase at a CAGR of 9.5% in the 7MM during the study period (2018–2030).
Ulcerative Colitis Market Drivers
- Involvement of digital technology
- Rich emerging pipeline
- Increasing prevalence
Ulcerative Colitis Market Barriers
- Entry of biosimilars in the market
- Insufficient knowledge
- Significant drawbacks of existing therapeutic options
Ulcerative Colitis Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Ulcerative Colitis market are
- Etrolizumab (RG7413)
- Skyrizi (Risankizumab)
- Rinvoq (ABT 494; Upadacitinib)
- Etrasimod (APD334)
- Mirikizumab (LY-3074828)
- Jyseleca (GS-6034; Filgotinib)
- 8.Zeposia (RPC1063; Ozanimod)
- Tremfya (Guselkumab)
- Izencitinib (TD-1473/JNJ 8398)
- BT 11
- Deucravacitinib (BMS-986165)
- PF-06687234 (Dekavil)
- Ritlecitinib (PF-06651600)/ Brepocitinib (PF-06700841)
- SHR 0302
- AbGn-168H (Neihulizumab), and others
Ulcerative Colitis Key Players
The key players working in the Ulcerative Colitis market are
- Hoffmann-La Roche
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Arena Pharmaceuticals
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Galapagos NV
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson)
- Theravance Biopharma
- Landos Biopharma
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Gilead Sciences
- Reistone Biopharma
- AbGenomics (AltruBio), and others