Icos Next Generation Immunotherapy Competitive Landscape
DelveInsight’s ‘ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy Competitive Landscape and Market Forecast–2035’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the ICOS as well as the market trends of ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
The report provides the upcoming drugs, market share of this target by indications, forecasted market size of ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy from 2022 to 2035 segmented by seven major markets. The report also covers the current scenario, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assess the underlying potential of the market.
• The United States
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2022–2035
ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy Disease Understanding
Cancer immunotherapy (CI) is rapidly advancing and can now be considered to be the “fifth pillar” of cancer therapy, joining the ranks of surgery, cytotoxic chemotherapy, radiation, and targeted therapy. The CI which has sparked the most interest involves antibodies to inhibitory immune checkpoint molecules.
Inducible co-stimulator (ICOS) is a specific T cell co-stimulatory molecule of the CD28/CTLA-4 family mainly expressed by CD4 T cells. It is a co-stimulator of proliferation and cytokine production by these cells. Its levels are upregulated in activated T lymphocytes, especially after the use of anti-CTLA4 therapies, and its expression is considered as a biomarker to indicate that anti-CTLA4 agents are binding its target.
Interestingly, ICOS appears to be a less potent pathway compared to other forms of immunotherapy mainly because of a predominant CD4 expression. However, its use with other approaches, particularly CTLA4 blockade can lead to a potent synergistic effect as a result of an increase in the expression of ICOS after anti-CTLA4 therapy.
The rapid development of immuno-oncology (I-O) therapies for multiple types of cancer has transformed the cancer treatment landscape and brightened the long-term outlook for many patients with advanced cancer.
Homology and Target Specificity
ICOS has significant homology with the other two family members, costimulatory CD28 and coinhibitory receptor CTLA-4. Furthermore, T cells costimulated by ICOS can achieve levels of activation comparable to CD28. ICOS signals induce the production of a wide spectrum of cytokines by CD4+ T helper (Th) cells, CD4+ forkhead box P3 (FoxP3+) Tregs and CD8+ cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTL) that function to enhance their proliferation and direct memory cell development.
ICOS was also shown to be an important element in the persistence of CD4+ chimeric Ag receptor (CAR) T cells, a form of passive immunotherapy that is currently in use in clinical trials, particularly for hematological malignancies.
The ICOS/ICOSL pathway can also modulate antitumor Teff responses by specifically modulating Th1 and CTL activities. Early phase clinical trials testing ICOS agonist antibodies in patients with advanced solid tumors have shown good safety profiles and promising antitumor activities, particularly when the compounds are given as a combination with anti-PD-1 agents (pembrolizumab and nivolumab).
In human cancer, ICOS expression on FoxP3+ Tregs is well established. In comparison to their counterparts in the periphery, Treg tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) express increased levels of FoxP3 and several other markers including CTLA-4, glucocorticoid-induced TNFR family-related gene and ICOS in addition to secreting higher levels of IL-10 and TGFβ.
ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy Drug Chapters
This segment of the ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy report encloses the detailed analysis of late-stage (Phase-III and Phase-II) pipeline drugs. It also helps to understand the indication-specific clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological actions, agreements and collaborations, approval and awards, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
The major key players such as GlaxoSmithKline, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Jounce Therapeutics, Xencor, Kymab, etc, and others will significantly increase the market during the forecast period (2022–2035).
The expected launch of emerging therapies, such as GSK3359609, Vopratelimab, KY1044, BMS-986226, XmAb23104, and other treatments, would lead to a significant increase in the market size during the forecast period (2022–2035).
ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy Emerging Drugs
GSK3359609, an inducible T cell co-stimulatory (ICOS) agonist antibody is designed to selectively enhance T cell function. After the administration, anti-ICOS agonist antibody GSK3359609 targets and binds to ICOS expressed on tumor-infiltrating CD4-positive T cells. This stimulates ICOS-positive T-cell proliferation which enhances cytotoxic T-lymphocyte (CTL) survival and increases CTL-mediated immune responses against tumor cells. ICOS, a T-cell specific, CD28-superfamily costimulatory molecule, and immune checkpoint protein is normally expressed on certain activated T cells and plays a key role in the proliferation and activation of T cells.
Vopratelimab: Jounce Therapeutics
Vopratelimab (also known as JTX-2011) is a clinical-stage monoclonal antibody that binds and activates ICOS, the Inducible T cell CO-Stimulator which is a protein present on the surface of certain T cells found in many solid tumors. The drug is currently in phase II (EMERGE) clinical trial in combination with ipilimumab in patients previously treated with PD-1/PD-L1 inhibitor therapies. The product candidate, JTX-2011, is a clinical-stage monoclonal antibody that binds to and activates ICOS, a protein on the surface of certain T cells commonly found in many solid tumors.
KY1044 is a human monoclonal IgG1 that selectively binds to inducible T cell co-stimulator (ICOS) which is a protein expressed at high levels on immunosuppressive regulatory T cells and lower levels on effector T cells. This can be designed to exert antitumor activity through preferential depletion of intra-tumoral regulatory T cells and stimulation (agonism) of ICOS-positive effector T cells. The drug can also improve the ratio of intra-tumoral effector T cells to regulatory T cells which promotes an antitumor immune response.
BMS-986226 (Anti-ICOS): Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS)
BMS-986226 is an agonistic monoclonal antibody that recognizes inducible T-cell co-stimulator (ICOS; CD278), with potential immunomodulating and antineoplastic activities. Upon administration, anti-ICOS agonist monoclonal antibody BMS-986226 targets and binds to ICOS expressed on certain T cells. This stimulates ICOS-mediated signaling, induces proliferation of ICOS-positive T cells, enhances cytotoxic T lymphocyte (CTL) survival and augments the CTL-mediated immune response against tumor cells. ICOS is a T-cell-specific, CD28-superfamily co-stimulatory molecule, and immune checkpoint protein.
XmAb23104 (PD-1 × ICOS) is a bispecific antibody that simultaneously targets PD-1, an immune checkpoint receptor, and ICOS, an immune co-stimulatory receptor. It is designed to promote tumor-selective T-cell activation. The drug is a bispecific Fc domain that serves as the scaffold for two antigen-binding domains and confers long circulating half-life, stability, and ease of manufacture. The company’s XmAb bispecific Fc domains have been engineered to eliminate Fc gamma receptor (FcγR) binding, with the intent to prevent activation and/or depletion of T cells via engagement by FcγR-expressing cells.
ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy Market Outlook
The ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy market outlook helps to cultivate a detailed comprehension of the historical, current and forecasted market trends by analyzing the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers, and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy market trend of each late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of treatment, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market, and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear picture of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy market is expected to generate USD 8,676 Million in the year 2035 with a significant CAGR in the forecast period (2022─2035).
• According to Delveinsight’s analysis, the market is expected to show positive growth due to the launch of potential upcoming therapies in the ICOS target during the forecast period (2022–2035). Moreover, the US occupies approximately 49.48% market share of ICOS in the overall market size of the 7MM in 2035
• According to Delveinsight’s analysis, NSCLC will occupy the major market share that is 60.19% by 2035. Also, the total market size for ICOS by indications is expected to be USD 8,676 Million by 2035 respectively.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME’s opinion working for third-generation immunotherapies in various indications through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps us to understand and verify current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or current market trends. It will also support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform Competitive and Market Intelligence analysis of the ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools that include – SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the availability of the data.
Scope of the report
• The report covers the descriptive overview of ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy, explaining its pathophysiology, and current trends in the research.
• Additionally, an all-inclusive account of emerging therapies for ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape.
• A detailed review of ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM.
• The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy market.
• In the coming years, ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy market is set to change due to the Addition of new emerging technologies for the development of targeted therapies, personalized drug therapies with combinational therapies to enhance the efficacy, Increasing funding for R&D expense; which would expand the market size to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
• The companies and researchers are working to overcome the challenges and seek opportunities that could help them to develop specific therapies for the treatment of various indications by using ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
• Launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy market.
• A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for the ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy market.
• Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key competitors, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy Report Insights
• Therapeutic Approaches
• Market Size and Trends
• Market Opportunities
• Impact of upcoming therapies
ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy Report Key Strengths
• 14-Year Forecast
• 7MM Coverage
• Drugs Uptake
• Highly Analyzed Market
• Key Cross Competition
• Market Size by Country
• Market Size by Therapy
ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy Report Assessment
• Unmet Needs
• Market Attractiveness
• Market Drivers and Barriers
• Competitive Intensity of ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy
• Market Competition of ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy
• Technological innovations in ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy
• Multivariate analysis of the key players in the ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy
• Pipeline Therapeutics
• Future Prospects and Challenges in ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy
• SWOT Analysis
• Assessment by Product Type
• Assessment by Indication Type
• Assessment by Route of Administration
• Comparative Analysis
• What was the ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy Market share (%) distribution in 2022, and how would it look like in 2035?
• What would be the ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy total market size as well as market size by indications across the 7MM during the forecast period (2022─2035)?
• What are the key findings pertaining to the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy market size during the forecast period (2022─2035)?
• At what CAGR, the ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy market is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2022─2035)?
• What would be the ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2022─2035)?
• What would be the ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy market growth till 2035, and what will be the resultant market size in the year 2035?
• How would the market drivers, barriers, and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
• How does the market size look like for the market size by indications for each 7MM? And what is the revenue this treatment option expected to garner in the various indications?
• Where the emerging therapies are focusing more?
Reason to buy
• This DelveInsight report will help to develop Business Strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy market
• Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy market
• To understand the future market competition in the ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers.
• Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in planning strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors.