- The total Acromegaly market size was USD 1,326.6 million in 2021, which is expected to rise during the study period (2019–2032).
- In the year 2021, the total diagnosed prevalent cases of Acromegaly was 57,824 cases in the 7MM which are expected to grow during the study period, i.e., 2019–2032.
- Acromegaly companies working in the market are Amryt, Chiasma, Recordati, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Sun Pharma, Crinetics Pharmaceuticals, Camurus, Ionis Pharmaceuticals and others
Request a sample to unlock the CAGR for Acromegaly Market.
DelveInsight's "Acromegaly- Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032" report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Acromegaly, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Acromegaly market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Acromegaly market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Acromegaly market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Acromegaly market Size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Acromegaly treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2019-2032
Acromegaly Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
The DelveInsight’s Acromegaly market report gives a thorough understanding of Acromegaly by including details such as disease definition, symptoms, causes, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment. Acromegaly is a rare, slowly progressive, acquired disorder that affects adults. The pituitary gland produces too much growth hormone (GH). The pituitary gland is a small gland located near the base of the skull that stores several hormones and releases them into the bloodstream as needed by the body. These hormones regulate many different bodily functions. In most patients, acromegaly is caused by the growth of a benign tumor (adenoma) arising from the pituitary gland. Symptoms of acromegaly include abnormal enlargement in bones of the hands, arms, feet, legs, and head. Enlargement of the bones in the jaws and the front of the skull are typically the most apparent bony changes.
Common signs and symptoms of acromegaly are enlarged hands and feet. For example, patients are not able to put on rings that used to fit, and the shoe size has progressively increased. It may also cause gradual changes in the face shape, such as a protruding lower jaw and brow bone, an enlarged nose, thickened lips, and wider spacing between the teeth.
Screening is recommended for all patients presenting with clinical features of acromegaly (such as mass tumor effects, systemic effects of GH/IGF-1 excess, cardiovascular and metabolic features, respiratory and bone/joint manifestations, and/or other endocrine consequences). However, screening may also be considered in patients with several medical conditions associated with acromegaly, such as type 2 diabetes mellitus, carpal tunnel syndrome, debilitating arthritis, hypertension, and sleep apnea. Biochemical screening is the first step for an acromegaly diagnosis. Endocrine Society guidelines and experts’ consensus recommend using age- and sex-adjusted IGF-1 levels in combination with GH nadir during an oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) to diagnose and rule out acromegaly. Measuring serum IGF-1 is usually the initial screening test.
Levels of GH in the blood can change throughout the day. A reliable way to track GH in the body is by measuring the level of IGF-I in the blood. In most cases, a high IGF-I level suggests that a person has acromegaly. An oral glucose tolerance test to confirm the diagnosis. For this test, the patient will drink a sugary liquid. A health professional will then test the blood every half hour for 2 h to measure growth hormone levels. The sugar in the drink will normally cause GH levels to fall. But if the body is making too much of the hormone, these levels will not go down enough—thereby confirming the diagnosis of acromegaly. If the blood tests confirm that the body is making too much GH, the doctor will conduct imaging tests to locate and measure the tumor that may be causing the problem.
Treatment goals in acromegaly include symptom relief, tumor control with the maintenance of pituitary function, biochemical normalization of GH/IGF-1, and reversal of the excess morbidity and mortality associated with the disorder. Current modalities of treatment available include surgery, medical therapy, and radiotherapy. Treatment is complex, and more than one modality is frequently required to achieve treatment goals. The primary treatment for acromegaly is transsphenoidal surgery followed by medicinal treatment. Patients who are not eligible for surgery or non-respondent to the surgery are treated with Somatostatin analogs (octreotide, lanreotide, and pasireotide), dopamine agonists (e.g., cabergoline, bromocriptine), or growth hormone receptor antagonists (pegvisomant), either as monotherapy or in combination.
Surgery is the treatment of choice for all microadenomas as well as macroadenomas, causing a mass effect. Debulking of macroadenomas without mass effect can also be done and has been described as a modality to allow for better response to medical treatment even if a surgical cure is not likely. The best predictors of surgical cure include smaller tumor size, lower levels of GH/IGF-1, and absence of invasion of surrounding structures such as the cavernous sinus. All of these drugs are synthetic somatostatin and bind to somatostatin receptors. This results in suppression of growth hormone secretion from both normal pituitary gland and somatotroph adenomas; it also acts at the level of the liver inhibiting GH action by reducing GH binding to hepatocytes and reducing the production of IGF-1 from the liver. Thus, these drugs control hormonal overproduction as well as tumor growth. Radiotherapy is considered in those patients in whom medical management is ineffective in controlling disease, recurrence after surgery, and again after the failure of medical therapy. The patients treated with radiotherapy need to be closely monitored for hypopituitarism.
The Acromegaly epidemiology section provides insights about historical and current Acromegaly patient pool and forecasted trends for individual seven major countries. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
In the year 2021, the total diagnosed prevalent cases of Acromegaly was 57,824 cases in the 7MM which are expected to grow during the study period, i.e., 2019–2032.
The Acromegaly epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Acromegaly epidemiology [segmented as Total Diagnosed prevalent Cases of Acromegaly, Total Tumor origin-specific Cases of Acromegaly, Total Gender-specific Cases of Acromegaly, Total Tumor size Cases of Acromegaly, Total Treated Cases of Acromegaly] in the 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan from 2019 to 2032.
Country Wise- Acromegaly Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the Acromegaly epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
Acromegaly Drug Chapters
The drug chapter segment of the Acromegaly report encloses the detailed analysis of Acromegaly marketed drugs and late stage (Phase-III and Phase-II) pipeline drugs. It also helps to understand the Acromegaly clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
Emerging Acromegaly Drugs
The Acromegaly report provides the details of the emerging therapies under the late and mid-stage of development for Acromegaly treatment.
Acromegaly Market Outlook
The Acromegaly market outlook of the report helps to build the detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted Acromegaly market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers, and barriers and demand of better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Acromegaly market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria's, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the Acromegaly market in 7MM is expected to witness a major change in the study period 2019-2032.
The Acromegaly market size in the 7MM is expected to change during the study period 2019–2032. The therapeutic market of Acromegaly in the seven major markets is expected to increase during the study period (2019–2032). In 2021, the total market size of Acromegaly was USD 1,326.6 million which is expected to rise during the study period (2019–2032).
The United States: Acromegaly Market Outlook
The total Acromegaly market size in the United States accounted for USD 719.1 million in 2021 which is expected to rise during the study period (2019–2032).
EU-5 Countries: Acromegaly Market Outlook
In EU5, the total Acromegaly market size was USD 423.2 million in 2021, which is expected to rise during the study period (2019–2032).
Japan: Acromegaly Market Outlook
In Japan, the total Acromegaly market size was USD 184.3 million in 2021, which is expected to rise during the study period (2019–2032).
This section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched in the Acromegaly market or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2019-2032. The analysis covers Acromegaly market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs, and allows the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size which again will be useful in investigating factors important in market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Acromegaly Pipeline Development Activities
The Acromegaly report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in Phase II, and Phase III stages. It also analyses Acromegaly's key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition, and merger, licensing patent details, and other information for Acromegaly emerging therapies.
Reimbursement Scenario in Acromegaly
Approaching reimbursement proactively can have a positive impact both during the late stages of product development and well after product launch. In a report, we consider reimbursement to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business and price strategy.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SMEs ' opinions working in the Acromegaly domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or Acromegaly market trends. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform Competitively and Market Intelligence analysis of the Acromegaly Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools that include - SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter's five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
2019 to 2032
2022 to 2032
|USD 1,326.6 million in 2021|
|Amryt, Chiasma, Recordati, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Sun Pharma, Crinetics Pharmaceuticals, Camurus, Ionis Pharmaceuticals and others|
Scope of the Acromegaly Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Acromegaly, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Acromegaly epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Acromegaly are provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of the Acromegaly market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Acromegaly market
Acromegaly Market Report Highlights
- In the coming years, the Acromegaly market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Acromegaly R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for Acromegaly. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Acromegaly market
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for Acromegaly
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends, and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Acromegaly Report Insights
- Acromegaly Patient Population
- Acromegaly Therapeutic Approaches
- Acromegaly Pipeline Analysis
- Acromegaly Market Size and Trends
- Acromegaly Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Acromegaly Therapies
Acromegaly Report Key Strengths
- 11 Years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Acromegaly Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Cross Competition
- Highly Analyzed Acromegaly Market
- Acromegaly Drugs Uptake
Acromegaly Report Assessment
- Current Acromegaly Treatment Practices
- Acromegaly Unmet Needs
- Acromegaly Pipeline Product Profiles
- Acromegaly Market Attractiveness
- Acromegaly Market Drivers and Barriers
Acromegaly Market Insights:
- What was the Acromegaly drug class share (%) distribution in 2019 and how it would look like in 2032?
- What would be the Acromegaly total market size as well as market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- What are the key findings of the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest Acromegaly market size during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- At what CAGR, the Acromegaly market is expected to grow by 7MM during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- What would be the Acromegaly market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- What would be the Acromegaly market growth till 2032, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2032?
- How would the unmet needs affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
Acromegaly Epidemiology Insights:
- What are the disease risk, burden, and regional/ethnic differences of Acromegaly?
- What are the key factors driving the epidemiology trend for seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What is the historical Acromegaly patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of Acromegaly in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- Where will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM concerning the patient population about Acromegaly?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the highest prevalent population of Acromegaly during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- At what CAGR the patient population is expected to grow by 7MM during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for the Acromegaly treatment in addition to the approved therapies?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of Acromegaly in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
- What are the Acromegaly marketed drugs and their respective MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety, efficacy, etc.?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Acromegaly?
- How many therapies are in-development by each company for Acromegaly treatment?
- How many are emerging therapies in mid-stage, and late stage of development for Acromegaly treatment?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry - Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Acromegaly therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action, and technologies being developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Acromegaly and its status?
- What are the current challenges faced in drug development?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for Acromegaly?
- What are the global historical and forecasted markets of Acromegaly?
Reasons to buy
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Acromegaly market
- To understand the future market competition in the Acromegaly market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Acromegaly in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for the Acromegaly market
- To understand the future market competition in the Acromegaly market
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Key Insights
2. Report Introduction
3. Acromegaly Market Overview at a Glance
3.1. Market Share (%) Distribution of Acromegaly in 2019
3.2. Market Share (%) Distribution of Acromegaly in 2032
4. Executive Summary of Acromegaly
4.1. Key Events
5. Epidemiology and Market Methodology
6. Disease Background and Overview
6.2. Causes for Acromegaly
6.3. Risk factors of acromegaly
6.4. Signs and symptoms of Acromegaly
6.5. Biomarkers of Acromegaly
6.6. Clinical Manifestations of Acromegaly
6.6.1. Osteoarticular Manifestations
6.6.2. Cardiovascular Manifestations
6.6.3. Respiratory Manifestations
6.6.4. Endocrinological and Other Manifestations
6.6.5. Gastrointestinal Manifestations
6.7. Genetic background for acromegaly
6.7.1. Familial isolated pituitary adenoma
6.7.2. AIP (Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor Interacting Protein)
6.7.3. Multiple endocrine neoplasia types 1 and 4 (MEN1 and MEN4)
6.7.4. Carney complex
6.7.5. McCune-Albright syndrome
6.7.6. GH excess in neurofibromatosis type 1
6.7.7. Somatic changes in somatotropinomas
6.8. Pathophysiology of Acromegaly
6.9.1. Bone Complications from Acromegaly
6.9.2. Soft Tissue Complications from Acromegaly
6.9.3. Pituitary Hormone Deficiencies
6.9.4. Sleep Apnea
6.9.5. Heart Problems
6.9.7. Colon Polyps
7. Screening and Diagnosis
7.1. Diagnostic Algorithm
7.2. Blood tests
7.2.1. IGF test
7.2.2. Oral glucose tolerance test
7.3. Imaging tests
7.3.1. Magnetic resonance imaging
7.3.2. Computed tomography scan
7.4. Differential Diagnosis
8.1. Treatment Algorithm
8.2. Surgical Therapy
8.2.1. Surgical Techniques
8.3. Medical Agents
8.5. Management of Acromegaly in Pregnancy
9. Diagnosis and Treatment Guidelines
9.1. Pituitary Society Acromegaly Management Guidelines
9.2. An Endocrine Society Clinical Practice Guideline 2014
9.3. American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists Medical Guidelines (AACE)
11. Epidemiology and Patient Population
11.1. Key Findings
11.2. Epidemiology of Acromegaly
11.3. Epidemiology Scenario
11.3.1. Total Diagnosed prevalent Cases of Acromegaly
11.3.2. Total Tumor origin-specific Cases of Acromegaly
11.3.3. Total Gender-specific Cases of Acromegaly
11.3.4. Total Tumor size Cases of Acromegaly
11.3.5. Total Treated Cases of Acromegaly
12. Patient Journey
13. Key Endpoints in Acromegaly Clinical Trials
14. Marketed Therapies
14.1. Mycapssa (octreotide acetate): Amryt/Chiasma
14.1.1. Drug Description
14.1.2. Regulatory Milestones
14.1.3. Other Developmental Activities
14.1.4. Pivotal Clinical Trial
14.2. Signifor LAR (pasireotide/ SOM 230): Recordati/Novartis Pharmaceuticals
14.2.1. Drug Description
14.2.2. Regulatory Milestones
14.2.3. Other Developmental Activities
14.2.4. Pivotal Clinical Trial
14.3. Bynfezia Pen (octreotide acetate): Sun Pharma
14.3.1. Drug Description
14.3.2. Regulatory Milestones
14.3.3. Other Developmental Activities
14.4. Other Approved Drugs
15. Emerging Therapies
15.1. Paltusotine (CRN 00808): Crinetics Pharmaceuticals
15.1.1. Product Description
15.1.2. Other Development Activities
15.1.3. Clinical Developmental Activities
15.1.4. Safety and Efficacy
15.2. CAM-2029 (octreotide subcutaneous depot): Camurus
15.2.1. Product Description
15.2.2. Other Development Activities
15.2.3. Clinical Developmental Activities
15.2.4. Safety and Efficacy
15.3. Cimdelirsen/IONIS-GHR-LRx: Ionis Pharmaceuticals
15.3.1. Product Description
15.3.2. Clinical Developmental Activities
15.3.3. Safety and Efficacy
16. Acromegaly: 7 Major Market Analysis
16.1. Key Findings
16.2. Market Outlook
16.3. Market Size of Acromegaly
16.3.1. Total Market Size of Acromegaly
16.3.2. Market Size of Acromegaly by Therapies
17. Market Access and Reimbursement
17.1. United States
17.2. United Kingdom
17.5. Patient Assistance Programs
18. KOL Views
19. Market Drivers
20. Market Barriers
21. SWOT Analysis
22. Unmet Needs
23.2. Report Methodology
24. DelveInsight Capabilities
26. About DelveInsight
List of Table
Table 1: Summary of Acromegaly, Market, Epidemiology, and Key Events (2019-2032)
Table 2: Total Diagnosed prevalent Cases of Acromegaly (2019-2032)
Table 3: Total Tumor origin-specific Cases of Acromegaly (2019-2032)
Table 4: Total Gender-specific Cases of Acromegaly (2019-2032)
Table 5: Total Tumor size Cases of Acromegaly (2019-2032)
Table 6: Total Treated Cases of Acromegaly (2019-2032)
Table 7: Paltusotine, Clinical Trial Description, 2022
Table 8: CAM-2029, Clinical Trial Description, 2022
Table 9: Cimdelirsen, Clinical Trial Description, 2022
Table 10: 7MM Market Size of Acromegaly in USD Million (2019-2032)
Table 11: 7MM Market Size of Acromegaly by Therapies in USD Million (2019-2032)
Table 12: National Health Service (NHS) Decisions
Table 13: HAS France Decisions
List of Figures
Figure 1: Epidemiology and Market Methodology
Figure 2: Understanding of Acromegaly
Figure 3: Comorbidities of Acromegaly
Figure 4: Sign and Symptoms of Acromegaly
Figure 5: Clinical Manifestations of Acromegaly
Figure 6: Genetic background for Acromegaly
Figure 7: Pathophysiology of Acromegaly
Figure 8: Complications for Acromegaly
Figure 9: Diagnostic Algorithm for Acromegaly
Figure 10: Treatment Algorithm for Acromegaly
Figure 11: Total Diagnosed prevalent Cases of Acromegaly in the 7MM (2019-2032)
Figure 12: Total Tumor origin-specific Cases of Acromegaly in the 7MM (2019-2032)
Figure 13: Total Gender-specific Cases of Acromegaly in the 7MM (2019-2032)
Figure 14: Total Tumor size Cases of Acromegaly in the 7MM (2019-2032)
Figure 15: Total Treated Cases of Acromegaly in the 7MM (2019-2032)
Figure 16: Market Size of Acromegaly in the 7MM, USD Million (2019-2032)
Figure 17: 7MM Market Size of Acromegaly by Therapies in USD Million (2019-2032)