Acute Kidney Injury Aki Pipeline Insight
DelveInsight’s, “Acute Kidney Injury - Pipeline Insight, 2023,” report provides comprehensive insights about 30+ companies and 30+ pipeline drugs in Acute Kidney Injury pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
- Global coverage
Acute Kidney Injury Understanding
Acute Kidney Injury: Overview
Acute kidney injury (AKI), also known as acute renal failure (ARF), is a sudden episode of kidney failure or kidney damage that happens within a few hours or a few days. AKI causes a build-up of waste products in your blood and makes it hard for your kidneys to keep the right balance of fluid in your body. AKI can also affect other organs such as the brain, heart, and lungs. Acute kidney injury is common in patients who are in the hospital, in intensive care units, and especially in older adults. There are rarely any symptoms until the condition has progressed to a late stage. However, if there are symptoms, the most common one is a decrease in urine output. Doctors diagnose acute kidney injury by measuring the level of creatinine in the blood. (Creatinine is a chemical waste product removed by the body entirely by the kidneys. If the kidneys are not working properly, there will be an increase in levels in the blood). Common risk factors include diseases that affects blood flow to the kidneys or causes kidney damage such as chronic kidney disease, impaired left ventricular systolic function, advanced age (over 75 years old), diabetes, and dehydration. Other risk factors include time spent in a heart-lung machine, use of an intra-aortic balloon pump, the need for blood transfusions and hemodilution. Treating AKI depends on the underlying cause of the condition. If it is caused by medications, the doctor may ask to stop taking that specific medication. If it’s caused by an infection, the doctor may look for ways to treat the infection.
"Acute Kidney Injury - Pipeline Insight, 2023" report by DelveInsight outlays comprehensive insights of present scenario and growth prospects across the indication. A detailed picture of the Acute Kidney Injury pipeline landscape is provided which includes the disease overview and Acute Kidney Injury treatment guidelines. The assessment part of the report embraces, in depth Acute Kidney Injury commercial assessment and clinical assessment of the pipeline products under development. In the report, detailed description of the drug is given which includes mechanism of action of the drug, clinical studies, NDA approvals (if any), and product development activities comprising the technology, Acute Kidney Injury collaborations, licensing, mergers and acquisition, funding, designations and other product related details.
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis contributing to the development of novel therapeutics for Acute Kidney Injury.
- In the coming years, the Acute Kidney Injury market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
- The companies and academics that are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Acute Kidney Injury R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
- A detailed portfolio of major pharma players who are involved in fueling the Acute Kidney Injury treatment market. Several potential therapies for Acute Kidney Injury are under investigation. With the expected launch of these emerging therapies, it is expected that there will be a significant impact on the Acute Kidney Injury market size in the coming years.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets (in early-stage, mid-stage and late stage of development for the treatment of Acute Kidney Injury) includes therapeutic assessment and comparative analysis. This will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
Acute Kidney Injury Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Acute Kidney Injury report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Acute Kidney Injury Emerging Drugs
RMC-035: GUARD THERAPEUTICS
Guard Therapeutics is developing RMC-035 (ROSgard), a biological drug candidate that utilizes one of the body's most powerful and universal protections against oxidative stress. RMC-035 is naturally designed to "target" the kidneys, allowing RMC-035 to be present when the kidneys are attacked by oxidative stress. Treatment with RMC-035 has the potential to save lives and prevent the risk of both acute and chronic kidney damage with subsequent serious consequences due to impaired kidney function, such as life-sustaining dialysis treatment. Currently, it is in Phase II stage of clinical trial evaluation to treat Acute Kidney Injury.
RBT-1: Rénibus Therapeutics
Rénibus’ lead product, RBT-1, is a novel pharmacologic intervention combining stannous protoporphyrin and iron sucrose, induces a preconditioning protective effect on the kidney and other organs, upregulating production of protective proteins to prevent post-operative complications following cardiothoracic surgery, including AKI, days in the ICU, time on ventilator, and hospital readmission rates. Pre-clinical and Phase I development is complete, and RBT-1’s Phase II trial a Phase 2, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study to Evaluate the Effect of RBT-1 on Preconditioning Response Biomarkers in Subjects Undergoing Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) and/or Cardiac Valve Surgery (The START Study) was initiated in April 2021 and is expected to be completed in Q4 2022. A pre-specified interim analysis was conducted following the enrollment of the first 60 patients, yielding statistically significant results in both the primary and several secondary endpoints.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Acute Kidney Injury: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Acute Kidney Injury drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
Major Players in Acute Kidney Injury
There are approx. 30+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Acute Kidney Injury. The companies which have their Acute Kidney Injury drug candidates in the most advanced stage, i.e. phase II include, GUARD THERAPEUTICS.
DelveInsight’s report covers around 30+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Late stage products (Phase III)
- Mid-stage products (Phase II)
- Early-stage product (Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
Route of Administration
Acute Kidney Injury pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
- Intravenous/ Subcutaneous
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
- Antisense oligonucleotides
- Monoclonal antibody
- Recombinant protein
- Small molecule
- Stem Cell
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
Acute Kidney Injury: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase III, II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses Acute Kidney Injury therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging Acute Kidney Injury drugs.
Acute Kidney Injury Report Insights
- Acute Kidney Injury Pipeline Analysis
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Unmet Needs
- Impact of Drugs
Acute Kidney Injury Report Assessment
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Pipeline Assessment
- Inactive drugs assessment
- Unmet Needs
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
- How many companies are developing Acute Kidney Injury drugs?
- How many Acute Kidney Injury drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Acute Kidney Injury?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Acute Kidney Injury therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Acute Kidney Injury and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?