Advanced Cancer Pain Management Pipeline Insight
DelveInsight’s, “Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM) – Pipeline Insights, 2021,” report provides comprehensive insights about 5+ companies and 5+ pipeline drugs in Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM) pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM) Understanding
Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM): Overview
Advanced Cancer Pain is the pain most commonly experienced and feared by patients with advanced cancer, during their treatment. Pain in a cancer patient is a subjective, multi-dimensional human experience, with complex interactions between sensory and emotional components. Twenty to 34 percent of patients have severe pain, which directly influences their quality of life and daily function (i.e., pain interference). Solid tumors produce more pain than leukemias and lymphomas. Most cancer patients experience pain, usually of moderate to severe intensity, and most also have a number of distinct pains.
The most common type of pain is related to bone metastases. Neuropathic pain occurs in one-third of patients, alone, or as a mix of nociceptive and neuropathic pain. An effective pain management is a priority in the palliative care of advanced cancer patients where quality of life is adversely affected by total pain.
A comprehensive assessment of cancer pain is one of the most essential components for its successful management. Cancer pain is multidimensional in nature and other factors like physiological, psychological and social conditions must be considered. A thorough medical review including the type of cancer, the stage, sites of involvement, previous therapies and their effects, planned therapies in the future, other co morbidities, organ dysfunction can provide specific options for management of the pain.
The WHO recognizes the importance of pain management as a part of routine cancer care. An effective pain management requires comprehensive assessment, competency with analgesics, and communication with patients and their families. Non-opioids, opioids like Morphine, and adjuvant analgesics are the available cancer pain management treatments. Drugs like fentanyl, buprenorphine, hydromorphone, and oxycodone with advanced delivery systems have increased advantages over morphine. The failure to manage pain properly is due to several factors like limited resources, lack of physician education and failure to follow existing guidelines, fear of addiction, drug tolerance, and side effects.
Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM) Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM) report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM) Emerging Drugs
- QIXLEEF: Tetra Bio-Pharma
QIXLEEF™ is a cannabinoid-derived medicines developed by Tetra Bio-pharma for the treatment of uncontrolled pain in advanced cancer patients. It is a first-generation, Cannabinoid receptor agonists and is derived from a dried cannabis flower bud. QIXLEEF™ contains no excipients or other nonmedicinal ingredients. It has a safe and well tolerated profile along with a rapid and high degree of absorption favoring a higher efficacy at a lower dose, compared to oral administration.
NanaBis is the Medlab's cannabis-based pain management product, comprised of a proprietary 1:1 blend of highly purified cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) molecules. NanaBis is developed as a pain management alternative to traditional opioids—particularly for patients suffering from advanced types of cancer and chronic pain. In the Phase 1 clinical trial result, it was safe, tolerable, and efficacious and the dosage tolerance was achieved at 60% of the maximum dosage.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM): Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM) drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
- Major Players in Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM)
- There are approx. 5+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM). The companies which have their Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM) drug candidates in the most advanced stage, i.e. phase III include, Tetra Bio-Pharma.
DelveInsight’s report covers around 5+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Late stage products (Phase III)
- Mid-stage products (Phase II)
- Early-stage product (Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
- Route of Administration
Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM) pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
- Molecule Type
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Small molecule
- Gene therapy
- Product Type
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM): Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM) therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM) drugs.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM) R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM).
- Medlab Clinical Ltd (ASX:MDC) has entered into an agreement with Canadian pharmaceutical company, Pharmascience Inc. for the further development and global distribution of its NanaBis.
Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM) Report Insights
- Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM) Pipeline Analysis
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Unmet Needs
- Impact of Drugs
Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM) Report Assessment
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Pipeline Assessment
- Inactive drugs assessment
- Unmet Needs
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
- How many companies are developing Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM) drugs?
- How many Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM) drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM)?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM) therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Advanced Cancer Pain Management (ACPM) and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?
- Tetra Bio-Pharma
- Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc.