Asthma Pipeline Insight
DelveInsight’s, “Asthma - Pipeline Insight, 2022,” report provides comprehensive insights about 100+ companies and 100+ pipeline drugs in Asthma pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
Asthma is a chronic disease that affects the airways. Asthma is characterized by inflammation and spasm of the airways. The airways are tubes that carry air in and out of the lungs. If a person has asthma, the inside walls of the airways become sore and swollen. The air passages in the lungs become narrow due to inflammation and tightening of the muscles around the small airways. This causes asthma symptoms: cough, wheeze, shortness of breath, and chest tightness. Symptoms of asthma vary from person to person. A person may have infrequent asthma attacks or have symptoms only at a certain time such as when exercising or may have symptoms all the time. Symptoms of asthma resemble many respiratory infections. The first step in asthma diagnosis is a careful clinical history; identifying the characteristic symptoms and their duration, intensity, and relationship of symptoms with allergen and triggering agent; and the impact of these symptoms on the quality of life.
"Asthma - Pipeline Insight, 2022" report by DelveInsight outlays comprehensive insights of present scenario and growth prospects across the indication. A detailed picture of the Asthma pipeline landscape is provided which includes the disease overview and Asthma treatment guidelines. The assessment part of the report embraces, in depth Asthma commercial assessment and clinical assessment of the pipeline products under development. In the report, detailed description of the drug is given which includes mechanism of action of the drug, clinical studies, NDA approvals (if any), and product development activities comprising the technology, Asthma collaborations, licensing, mergers and acquisition, funding, designations and other product related details.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Asthma R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve Asthma.
- In October 2021, The board of directors of Mabpharm Limited announced that the new drug application (NDA) of CMAB007 (omalizumab), a core product of the Company, was accepted by the National Medical Products Administration of the People's Republic of China ("NMPA") for the treatment of allergic asthma, which is the first domestic allergic asthma therapeutic antibody new drug in China with NDA submitted. CMAB007 (omalizumab) is the second drug to be submitted for marketing application by the Company.
- In September 2021, Evelo Biosciences, Inc. announced that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has issued a new composition of matter patent (No. 11,090,341) for medicines comprising pharmaceutical compositions of Veillonella parvula bacteria. This patent is a key addition to the Company’s substantial and growing intellectual property (IP) portfolio for treatments targeting the small intestinal axis, SINTAX™.
- In November 2021, CSPC Pharmaceutical Group Limited (the “Company” announced that Shanghai JMT-BIO Technology Co., Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company, has entered into an agreement (the “Agreement”) with Keymed Bioscience (Chengdu) Co., Ltd. in relation to the exclusive licensing and commercialization of the product CM326 (an anti-TSLP recombinant humanized monoclonal antibody, the “Product”) in the treatment of moderate to severe asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and other respiratory system diseases.
- In November 2021, Amgen and AstraZeneca agreed to include AMG 104 / AZD8630 in the existing collaboration agreement between the parties. AMG 104 / AZD8630 becomes part of the collaboration with the companies sharing both costs and income, with no inventor royalty.
Asthma Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Asthma report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Asthma Emerging Drugs
PT-027: Avillion LLP
PT027 is an investigational fixed dose combination of budesonide (an inhaled corticosteroid) and albuterol (a short-acting beta-2 agonist). It is a potential first-in-class SABA/ICS rescue treatment for asthma in the US, to be taken as needed in response to symptoms. It is an inhaled, fixed-dose combination of albuterol (also known as salbutamol), a SABA, and budesonide, a corticosteroid, and is being developed in a pMDI using AstraZeneca’s Aerosphere delivery technology. Avillion will be responsible for developing PT027 through an extensive clinical development programme and will finance the programme through to regulatory approval.
MM09-MG01: Inmunotek S.L.
It is a mite mixture (Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus and Dermatophagoides farinae) with a concentration of 30,000 AU / mL and grasses mixture (Phleum pratense, Holcus lanatus, Poa pratensis, Festuca elatior, Lolium perenne and Dactylis glomerata) with a concentration of 30,000 AU / mL: Purified allergenic extract, adsorbed in aluminum hydroxide and polymerized with glutaraldehyde. It is currently being developed in Phase III stage of development.
FP 025: Foresee Pharmaceuticals
Foresee is developing a new generation, novel oral, highly selective and potent non-hydroxamate class of matrix metalloproteinase-12 (MMP-12) inhibitors for the treatment of asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and multiple other diseases by rational drug design. A lead compound, FP-025, has been investigated in Phase I human clinical trials and proved to show acceptable safety and tolerability, and stable pharmacokinetics in healthy subjects. A Phase II proof-of-concept study in allergic asthma patients is currently being conducted in the Netherlands.
GB001: Gossamer Bio
GB001, a DP2 antagonist, may inhibit recruitment and activation of inflammatory cells in patients with asthma, consequently reducing airway inflammation. DP2 is a G-protein-coupled receptor selectively expressed by Type 2 T lymphocytes (Th2), eosinophils (Eos), basophils and Type 2 innate lymphoid cells (ILC2s). DP2 binds to PGD2 and promotes recruitment and activation of eosinophils and basophils and stimulates Th2 cells and ILC2 cells to release Type 2 cytokines including IL-4, IL-5 and IL-13, leading to persistence of Type 2 inflammation.GB001 is a potent and highly selective oral DP2 antagonist being developed as a once daily oral add-on maintenance treatment for moderate to severe eosinophilic asthma. In preclinical studies, GB001 was shown to be an insurmountable antagonist with a prolonged effect.
EDP1867: Evelo Biosciences, Inc.
EDP1867 is a non-live pharmaceutical preparation of a single strain of Veillonella parvula, isolated from the ileum of a human donor. It is made non-live by γ-irradiation in the manufacturing process making it unable to colonize or persist in the gut, a central feature of SINTAX medicines. EDP1867 is currently in clinical development. It has the potential to treat a wide range of inflammatory and neuroinflammatory diseases.
TQC2731: Chia Tai Tianqing Pharmaceutical Group
TQC2731, belongs to the class of antiasthmatics. These anti-inflammatory drugs are the most effective and commonly used long-term control medications for asthma. They reduce swelling and tightening in your airways. An antiasthmatic and antiallergic agent also prevents mast cell release of histamine and formation of other mediators (leukotrienes) of anaphylaxis by inhibiting degranulation after contact with antigens. These helps prevent symptoms of asthma, allergic rhinitis, mastocytosis, and exercise-induced bronchospasm.TQC2731 is currently being investigated in Phase1 for the treatment of Asthma.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Asthma: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Asthma drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
There are approx. 100+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Asthma. The companies which have their Asthma drug candidates in the most advanced stage, i.e. phase III include, Avillion LLP.
DelveInsight’s report covers around 100+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Late stage products (Phase III)
- Mid-stage products (Phase II)
- Early-stage product (Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
- Route of Administration
Asthma pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
- Molecule Type
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Small molecule
- Gene therapy
- Product Type
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
Learn more about the major innovation and developments in the devices segment that will drive the Asthma Market growth in the coming years: Asthma Diagnostic Devices Market
Asthma: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses Asthma therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging Asthma drugs.
Asthma Report Insights
- Asthma Pipeline Analysis
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Unmet Needs
- Impact of Drugs
Asthma Report Assessment
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Pipeline Assessment
- Inactive drugs assessment
- Unmet Needs
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
- How many companies are developing Asthma drugs?
- How many Asthma drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Asthma?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Asthma therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Asthma and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?