Atrophic Vaginitis Market
DelveInsight's "Atrophic Vaginitis- Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032" report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Atrophic Vaginitis, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Atrophic Vaginitis market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Atrophic Vaginitis market report provides current treatment practices, Atrophic Vaginitis market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Atrophic Vaginitis market Size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Atrophic Vaginitis treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2019-2032
Atrophic Vaginitis Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Atrophic Vaginitis, also called vaginal atrophy, is a condition where the lining of the vagina gets drier and thinner, resulting in itching, burning, and pain during sex, among other symptoms. The condition also includes urinary tract problems such as urinary tract infections (UTIs) and frequent urination. Vaginal refers to the vagina, while atrophy means a wasting away or diminution. The term vaginal atrophy has been replaced with the newer term, genitourinary syndrome of menopause (GSM).
Atrophic Vaginitis Diagnosis
Diagnosis of vaginal atrophy is based on the symptoms and a pelvic exam to look at how the vagina appears. It will help to know that patients are in menopause. Classic signs of atrophy during a pelvic exam include a shortened or narrowed vagina, dryness, redness, swelling, and loss of stretch in the skin, whitish discoloration to the vagina, urethral lesions, and minor cuts (lacerations) near the vaginal opening. And occasionally, laboratory tests are required to differentiate vaginal atrophy from other conditions such as Pap test, urine sample, ultrasound, serum hormone testing, vaginal pH, and microscopy.
Atrophic Vaginitis Treatment
Some treatments are meant to treat atrophy symptoms, and others address the loss of estrogen, which will also act to relieve symptoms. Lubricants and moisturizers, dilators are devices to widen (dilate) the vagina, hormone therapy like vaginal low-dose estrogen therapy (local therapy), systemic hormone therapy (also called hormone replacement therapy), and the mild symptoms can usually be managed with over-the-counter options. Prescriptions are available for moderate to severe symptoms.
Country Wise- Atrophic Vaginitis Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the Atrophic Vaginitis epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
- As per the DelveInsight estimates, in the year 2021, the total Prevalent cases of Atrophic Vaginitis were 97.21 million cases in the 7MM, which are expected to grow during the study period, i.e.,2019-2032.
- In the year 2021, the total diagnosed cases of Atrophic Vaginitis were 22.48 million cases in the 7MM, which are expected to grow during the study period, i.e.,2019-2032.
- In the year 2021, the total diagnosed cases of Atrophic Vaginitis were 9.21 million cases in the United states, which are expected to grow during the study period, i.e.,2019-2032.
- The total Patients taking Prescription treatment for Atrophic Vaginitis were 5.93 million cases in the 7MM, in the year 2021.
- As per the estimates, in the year 2021 the total severity specific cases of Atrophic Vaginitis were 11.21 million cases 6.51 million cases and 4.76 million cases of Mild, Moderate and Severe respectively, which are expected to grow during the study period, i.e.,2019-2032.
Atrophic Vaginitis Drug Chapters
The drug chapter segment of the Atrophic Vaginitis report encloses the detailed analysis of Atrophic Vaginitis marketed drugs, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
Atrophic Vaginitis Market Outlook
The Atrophic Vaginitis market outlook of the report helps to build the detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted Atrophic Vaginitis market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers, and barriers and demand of better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Atrophic Vaginitis market trend of each marketed drug by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria's, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the Atrophic Vaginitis market in 7MM is expected to witness a major change in the study period 2019-2032.
The Atrophic Vaginitis market size in the 7MM is expected to change during the study period 2019–2032. The therapeutic market of Atrophic Vaginitis in the seven major markets is expected to increase during the study period (2019–2032). In 2021, the total market size of Atrophic Vaginitis was USD 2,777.0 million which is expected to rise during the study period (2019–2032).
The United States Market Outlook
The total market size of Atrophic Vaginitis in the United States accounted for USD 1,589.1 million in 2021 which is expected to rise during the study period (2019–2032).
EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
In EU5, the total market size of Atrophic Vaginitis was USD 796.5 million in 2021, which is expected to rise during the study period (2019–2032).
Japan Market Outlook
In Japan, the total market size of Atrophic Vaginitis was USD 391.5 million in 2021, which is expected to rise during the study period (2019–2032).
Atrophic Vaginitis Uptake
This section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched in the Atrophic Vaginitis market or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2019-2032. The analysis covers Atrophic Vaginitis market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs, and allows the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size which again will be useful in investigating factors important in market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SMEs ' opinions working in the Atrophic Vaginitis domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current therapies treatment patterns or Atrophic Vaginitis market trends. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform Competitively and Market Intelligence analysis of the Atrophic Vaginitis Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools that include - SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter's five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Atrophic Vaginitis, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Atrophic Vaginitis epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of the current therapies for Atrophic Vaginitis are provided, along with the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of the Atrophic Vaginitis market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Atrophic Vaginitis market
- In the coming years, the Atrophic Vaginitis market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for Atrophic Vaginitis
Atrophic Vaginitis Report Insights
- Patient Population
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Atrophic Vaginitis Market Size and Trends
- Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Therapies
Atrophic Vaginitis Report Key Strengths
- 11 Years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Atrophic Vaginitis Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Cross Competition
- Highly Analyzed Market
- Drugs Uptake
Atrophic Vaginitis Report Assessment
- Current Treatment Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Market Attractiveness
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- What was the Atrophic Vaginitis drug class share (%) distribution in 2019 and how it would look like in 2032?
- What would be the Atrophic Vaginitis total market size as well as market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- What are the key findings of the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest Atrophic Vaginitis market size during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- At what CAGR, the Atrophic Vaginitis market is expected to grow by 7MM during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- What would be the Atrophic Vaginitis market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- What would be the Atrophic Vaginitis market growth till 2032, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2032?
- How would the unmet needs affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What are the disease risk, burden, and regional/ethnic differences of Atrophic Vaginitis?
- What are the key factors driving the epidemiology trend for seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What is the historical Atrophic Vaginitis patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of Atrophic Vaginitis in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- Where will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM concerning the patient population about Atrophic Vaginitis?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the highest prevalent population of Atrophic Vaginitis during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- At what CAGR the patient population is expected to grow by 7MM during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
Current Treatment Scenario and Marketed Drugs Therapies:
- What are the current options for the Atrophic Vaginitis treatment in addition to the approved therapies?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of Atrophic Vaginitis in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
- What are the Atrophic Vaginitis marketed drugs and their respective MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety, efficacy, etc.?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Atrophic Vaginitis?
- How many therapies are in-development by each company for Atrophic Vaginitis treatment?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry - Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Atrophic Vaginitis therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action, and technologies being developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Atrophic Vaginitis and its status?
- What are the current challenges faced in drug development?
- What are the global historical and forecasted markets of Atrophic Vaginitis?
Reasons to buy
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Atrophic Vaginitis market
- To understand the future market competition in the Atrophic Vaginitis market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Atrophic Vaginitis in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for the Atrophic Vaginitis market
- To understand the future market competition in the Atrophic Vaginitis market
1. Key Insights
2. Report Introduction
3. Atrophic vaginitis Market Overview at a Glance
3.1. Market Share (%) Distribution of Atrophic vaginitis in 2019
3.2. Market Share (%) Distribution of Atrophic vaginitis in 2032
3.3. Executive Summary of Atrophic vaginitis
3.4. Key Events
4. Epidemiology and Market Methodology
5. Disease Background and Overview
5.2. Causes of Atrophic vaginitis
5.3. Risk factors of Atrophic vaginitis
5.4. Signs and Symptoms
5.5. Pathophysiology of Atrophic vaginitis
5.6. Complications of Atrophic vaginitis
6. Diagnosis of Atrophic vaginitis
6.1. Diagnostic Algorithm of Atrophic vaginitis
6.1.1. Pelvic Exam
6.1.2. Pap smear test
6.1.3. Urine sample
6.1.5. Serum hormone testing
6.1.6. Vaginal pH
6.1.7. Vaginal maturation index (VMI)
6.2. Differential diagnosis
7. Treatment of Atrophic vaginitis
7.1. Treatment Algorithm
7.1.1. Non-hormonal Treatments
7.1.2. Hormone therapy (local and systemic)
7.1.3. Laser therapy
8. Diagnostic and Treatment Guidelines for Atrophic vaginitis
8.1. The 2020 genitourinary syndrome of menopause position statement of the North American Menopause Society
8.2. International Menopause Society Writing Group recommendations for the management of postmenopausal vaginal atrophy
10. Epidemiology and Patient Population
10.1. Key Findings
10.2. Epidemiology of Atrophic vaginitis
10.3. Epidemiology Scenario
10.3.1. Total prevalent Cases of Atrophic vaginitis
10.3.2. Total Diagnosed Cases of Atrophic vaginitis
10.3.3. Total Severity-specific Cases of Atrophic vaginitis
10.3.4. Total patients taking Prescription treatment Cases of Atrophic vaginitis
11. Patient Journey
12. Marketed Therapies
12.1. Osphena / Senshio (ospemifene): Shionogi / Duchesnay
12.1.1. Drug Description
12.1.2. Regulatory Milestones
12.1.3. Other Developmental Activities
12.1.4. Pivotal Clinical Trial
13. Atrophic vaginitis: 7 Major Market Analysis
13.1. Key Findings
13.2. Market Outlook
14. Market Outlook
14.1. Market Size of Atrophic vaginitis
14.1.1. Total Market Size of Atrophic vaginitis
14.1.2. Market Size of Atrophic vaginitis by Therapies
15. KOL Views
16. Market Drivers
17. Market Barriers
18. SWOT Analysis
19. Unmet Needs
20.2. Report Methodology
21. DelveInsight Capabilities
23. About DelveInsight
List of Table
Table 1: Summary of Atrophic vaginitis, Market, Epidemiology, and Key Events in Millions (2019-2032)
Table 2: Total prevalent Cases of Atrophic vaginitis (2019-2032)
Table 3: Total Diagnosed prevalent Cases of Atrophic vaginitis (2019-2032)
Table 4: Total Severity-specific Cases of Atrophic vaginitis (2019-2032)
Table 5: Total patients taking Prescription treatment Cases of Atrophic vaginitis in the 7MM (2019-2032)
Table 6: 7MM Market Size of Atrophic vaginitis in USD Million (2019-2032)
Table 7: 7MM Market Size of Atrophic vaginitis by Therapies in USD Million (2019-2032)
List of Figures
Figure 1: Epidemiology and Market Methodology
Figure 2: Understanding of Atrophic vaginitis
Figure 3: Vaginal wall in Atrophic vaginitis
Figure 4: Risk factors of Atrophic vaginitis
Figure 5: Signs and symptoms of Atrophic vaginitis
Figure 6: Cellular changes of Atrophic vaginitis
Figure 7: Pathophysiology of Atrophic vaginitis
Figure 8: Diagnostic Algorithm of Atrophic vaginitis
Figure 9: Pap test for Atrophic vaginitis
Figure 10: Vaginal pH swab for Atrophic vaginitis
Figure 11: Differential diagnosis for Atrophic vaginitis
Figure 12: Treatment algorithm for Atrophic vaginitis
Figure 13: Laser therapy for Atrophic vaginitis
Figure 14: Total Prevalent Cases of Atrophic vaginitis in the 7MM (2019-2032)
Figure 15: Total Diagnosed Cases of Atrophic vaginitis in the 7MM (2019-2032)
Figure 16: Total Severity-specific Cases of Atrophic vaginitis in the 7MM (2019-2032)
Figure 17: Total patients taking Prescription treatment Cases of Atrophic vaginitis in the 7MM (2019-2032)
Figure 18: Market Size of Atrophic vaginitis in the 7MM, USD Million (2019-2032)
Figure 19:7MM Market Size of Atrophic vaginitis by Therapies in USD Million (2019-2032)