Central Nervous System Lymphoma Pipeline Insight
DelveInsight’s, “Central Nervous System Lymphoma– Pipeline Insights, 2021,” report provides comprehensive insights about 5+ companies and 5+ pipeline drugs in Central Nervous System Lymphoma pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
Central Nervous System Lymphoma Understanding
Central Nervous System Lymphoma: Overview
Central nervous system lymphoma is a rare non-Hodgkin lymphoma in which malignant (cancer) cells from lymph tissue form in the brain and/or spinal cord (primary CNS) or spread from other parts of the body to the brain and/or spinal cord (secondary CNS). Because the eye is so close to the brain, primary CNS lymphoma can also start in the eye (called ocular lymphoma). Central nervous system lymphoma is more common in men than women. the exact causes of CNS lymphoma are not known, there are several factors that may increase a person's risk for developing the disease, such as having a compromised immune system due to acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS), other disorders of the immune system, or chronic immunosuppression (a reduced function of the immune system) as a result of organ transplantation.
The symptoms of Central nervous system lymphoma depends on the location of tumor:
- Nausea and vomiting,
- Leg and arm weakness,
- Changes in mental alertness or confusion,
- Facial weakness,
- Double vision and hearing loss and/or swallowing difficulties.
To diagnose Central Nervous System lymphoma different tests are used to examine the eyes, brain and spinal cord. Physical exam and history, neurological exam to check mental status, coordination, ability to walk normally and how well the muscles, senses and reflexes work, slit-lamp eye exam - this test uses a special microscope with a bright, narrow slit of light to check the outside and inside of the eye. Vitrectomy - A surgical procedure in which some of the vitreous humor (the gel-like fluid inside the eyeball) is removed and examined under a microscope to check for cancer cells. Chest x-ray and CT scans of the chest and abdomen. MRI scans of the brain and spinal cord. Blood and urine tests. Lumbar puncture (or spinal tap). Stereotactic biopsy, in which a computer and a three dimensional scanning device are used to find a tumor and guide the removal of tissue for examination under a microscope to look for cancer cells.
There is no standard treatment for Central Nervous System lymphoma. Methotrexate-based combinations that include rituximab (Rituxan) have been the most successful for Central Nervous System lymphoma patients. Methotrexate is usually given at high doses and require that the patient be hospitalized while giving the chemotherapy. For patients over age 60 years, radiation treatment can be extremely neurotoxic and it is important to speak to doctor before receiving radiation treatment. High dose chemotherapy with stem cell transplant is also used for the treatment.
Central Nervous System Lymphoma Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Central nervous system lymphoma report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Central nervous system lymphoma Emerging Drugs
- F520: Shandong New Time Pharmaceuticals
F520 is an experimental drug which is being developed by Shandong New Time Pharmaceuticals. The trail got initiated in November 2020 and is expected to get completed by January 2023 with 43 enrolled participants. (NCT04457869). F520 is in Phase 2 of clinical study.
MEDI4736 is being developed by AstraZeneca and is currently in Phase 1 of clinical study. The trail got initiated in November 2020 and is expected to get completed by May 2026 with 21 enrolled participants.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Central Nervous System Lymphoma: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Central nervous system lymphoma drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
- Major Players in Central nervous system lymphoma
There are approx. 5+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Central nervous system lymphoma. The companies which have their Central nervous system lymphoma drug candidates in the most advanced stage, i.e. phase III include, Shandong New Time Pharmaceutical.
DelveInsight’s report covers around 5+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Late stage products (Phase III)
- Mid-stage products (Phase II)
- Early-stage product (Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
- Route of Administration
Central nervous system lymphoma pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
- Molecule Type
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Small molecule
- Gene therapy
- Product Type
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
Central Nervous System Lymphoma: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses Central nervous system lymphoma therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging Central nervous system lymphoma drugs.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Central nervous system lymphoma R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve Central nervous system lymphoma.
Central Nervous System Lymphoma Report Insights
- Central nervous system lymphoma Pipeline Analysis
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Unmet Needs
- Impact of Drugs
Central Nervous System Lymphoma Report Assessment
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Pipeline Assessment
- Inactive drugs assessment
- Unmet Needs
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
- How many companies are developing Central nervous system lymphoma drugs?
- How many Central nervous system lymphoma drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Central nervous system lymphoma?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Central nervous system lymphoma therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Central nervous system lymphoma and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?
- Shandong New Time Pharmaceutical
- Bristol-Myers Squibb