Central Precocious Puberty Pipeline Insight
DelveInsight’s, “Central Precocious Puberty – Pipeline Insights, 2021,” report provides comprehensive insights about 3+ companies and 3+ pipeline drugs in Central Precocious Puberty pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
Central Precocious Puberty Understanding
Central Precocious Puberty: Overview
Precocious puberty means an abnormally early onset of puberty. A sequence of events occurs during which a child develops into a young adult beginning at an unexpectedly early age. Glands that secrete growth and sex hormones begin to function abnormally early in life resulting in this condition Precocious puberty can occur in several forms. Central precocious puberty (CPP) can be caused by CNS tumors (craniopharyngioma, glioma, etc.) and other CNS disorders including: hypothalamic hamartoma of the tuber cinereum, encephalitis, brain abscess, static encephalopathy, global delays, sarcoid or tubercular granuloma, head trauma, vascular lesion, cranial irradiation, or neurofibromatosis type 1 (usually associated with optic glioma).
The symptoms of Central Precocious Puberty include:
- Testicular enlargement (>3 ml) and/or pubic hair development in boys,
- Breast and/or pubic hair development in girls.
- Growth acceleration,
- Voice changes,
- Vaginal discharge or bleeding,
- Advanced skeletal maturation.
The gold standard for determination of pubertal gonadotropin secretion is the GnRH stimulation test, though many clinicians start with a sensitive measurement of serum LH. Skeletal age determination is frequently obtained early in the work-up, and can be helpful in distinguishing isolated signs of puberty, which do not typically cause advancement in bone age as compared to true Precocious Puberty (PP), which will advance bone maturity. In boys, serum DHEAS, testosterone, 17-OH progesterone and β-HCG levels are useful for the diagnosis of GIPP. In girls, serum DHEAS, estradiol and 17-OH progesterone levels are useful. Diagnostic studies including head MRI and pelvic ultrasound are frequently required in the work-up of children with Precocious Puberty.
Treatment with very potent, long acting GnRH analogues have resulted in significant improvement in height in many, although not all, children with PP caused by both organic conditions and idiopathic CPP, with the best treatment outcomes seen in those with onset of puberty before 6 years of age GnRH superactive agonists work by first stimulating and then, after a few days, suppressing pulsatile LH and FSH release. This leads to suppression of gonadal steroid production. Management of GIPP requires removal of the hormone source (i.e. gonadal or adrenal tumor, exogenous hormone etc. The addition of androgen receptor blockers has been helpful in treating FMPP and MAS in boys. Pure estrogen receptor blocker, fulvestrant, is currently being investigated for the treatment of MAS in females with promising results.
Central Precocious Puberty Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Central Precocious Puberty report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Central Precocious Puberty Emerging Drugs
Fulvestrant is being developed by AstraZeneca and is currently in Phase 2 of clinical Study. It acts as an Estrogen receptor antagonists and selective estrogen receptor degraders.
- Bicalutamide: AstraZeneca
Bicalutamide is currently in Phase 2 of clinical study and is being used for treatment of prostate cancer. It acts as androgen receptor antagonists. It is being studied by AstraZeneca.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Central Precocious Puberty: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Central Precocious Puberty drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
- Major Players in Central Precocious Puberty
There are approx. 3+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Central Precocious Puberty. The companies which have their Central Precocious Puberty drug candidates in the most advanced stage, i.e. phase III include, AstraZeneca.
DelveInsight’s report covers around 3+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Late stage products (Phase III)
- Mid-stage products (Phase II)
- Early-stage product (Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
- Route of Administration
Central Precocious Puberty pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
- Molecule Type
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Small molecule
- Gene therapy
- Product Type
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
Central Precocious Puberty: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses Central Precocious Puberty therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging Central Precocious Puberty drugs.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Central Precocious Puberty R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve Central Precocious Puberty.
Central Precocious Puberty Report Insights
- Central Precocious Puberty Pipeline Analysis
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Unmet Needs
- Impact of Drugs
Central Precocious Puberty Report Assessment
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Pipeline Assessment
- Inactive drugs assessment
- Unmet Needs
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
- How many companies are developing Central Precocious Puberty drugs?
- How many Central Precocious Puberty drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Central Precocious Puberty?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Central Precocious Puberty therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Central Precocious Puberty and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?