Chronic Kidney Disease Ckd Pipeline Insight
DelveInsight’s, “Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) – Pipeline Insights, 2022,” report provides comprehensive insights about 50+ companies and 50+ pipeline drugs in Chronic Kidney Disease pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
Chronic Kidney Disease Understanding
Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD): Overview
CKD is a condition in which the kidneys are damaged and cannot filter blood as well as they should. Because of this, excess fluid and waste from blood remain in the body and may cause other health problems, such as heart disease and stroke. Some other health consequences of CKD include:
- Anemia or low number of red blood cells
- Increased occurrence of infections
- Low calcium levels, high potassium levels, and high phosphorus levels in the blood
- Loss of appetite or eating less
- Depression or lower quality of life
There are usually no symptoms of kidney disease in the early stages. It may only be diagnosed if you have a blood or urine test for another reason and the results show a possible problem with your kidneys. At a more advanced stage, symptoms can include:
- swollen ankles, feet or hands
- shortness of breath
- feeling sick
- blood in your pee (urine)
- Blood tests: Kidney function tests look for the level of waste products, such as creatinine and urea, in blood.
- Urine tests: Analyzing a sample of urine may reveal abnormalities that point to chronic kidney failure and help identify the cause of chronic kidney disease.
- Imaging tests: Doctor may use ultrasound to assess kidneys' structure and size. Other imaging tests may be used in some cases.
- Removing a sample of kidney tissue for testing: Doctor may recommend a kidney biopsy to remove a sample of kidney tissue. Kidney biopsy is often done with local anesthesia using a long, thin needle that's inserted through your skin and into your kidney. The biopsy sample is sent to a lab for testing to help determine what's causing kidney problem.
There is no cure for chronic kidney failure. However, there are measures can be taken to slow its progression. Calcium and vitamin D supplements help to protect your bones. Antihistamines can relieve the symptom of itchy skin. Antiemetics can help with nausea. Dietary changes might also be necessary.
Chronic Kidney Disease Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Chronic Kidney Disease report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Chronic Kidney Disease Emerging Drugs
AstraZeneca is conducting a study to evaluate the dose-response efficacy, safety, and pharmacokinetics (PK) of AZD5718 in participants with proteinuric chronic kidney disease. The study will be conducted in approximately 118 study centers across 12 countries. The overall study period will be around 28 weeks. Approximately 632 participants comprising of 67% diabetic kidney disease (DKD) and 33% non-DKD participants will be enrolled.
- DDO-3055: Jiangsu HengRui Medicine Co., Ltd.
Jiangsu HengRui Medicine is conducting a randomized, double-blind, dose-escalating, placebo controlled, phase I study to evaluate the safety and pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of DDO-3055 in healthy volunteers and patients with Chronic Kidney Disease. This is a randomized, double-blind, dose-escalating, placebo controlled, Phase I study to evaluate the safety, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of DDO-3055 in healthy volunteers and patients with chronic kidney disease. 48 healthy volunteers will be enrolled in Part A, and 18 patients with chronic kidney disease will be enrolled in Part B.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Chronic Kidney Disease: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Chronic Kidney Disease drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
- Major Players in Chronic Kidney Disease
There are approx. 50+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Chronic Kidney Disease. The companies which have their Chronic Kidney Disease drug candidates in the mid to advanced stage, i.e. phase III and Phase II include, AstraZeneca, UnicoCell Biomed, Jiangsu Hansoh Pharmaceutical, Bio Sidus, Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, AMAG Pharmaceuticals, inRegen, AbbVie etc.
DelveInsight’s report covers around 50+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Mid-stage products (Phase II and Phase I/II)
- Early-stage products (Phase I/II and Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
- Route of Administration
Chronic Kidney Disease pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
- Molecule Type
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
- Small molecules
- Proteins and peptides
- Chlorinated hydrocarbons
- oduct Type
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
Chronic Kidney Disease: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses Chronic Kidney Disease therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging Chronic Kidney Disease drugs.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Chronic Kidney Disease R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve Chronic Kidney Disease.
- August 2020: DAPA-CKD trial meets primary endpoint in patients with chronic kidney disease. Dapagliflozin reduces the risk of kidney failure, death from cardiovascular causes or heart failure hospitalisation and all-cause mortality in chronic kidney disease patients with or without type 2 diabetes. That’s the main result of the DAPA-CKD trial presented in a Hot Line session today at ESC Congress 2020.
Chronic Kidney Disease Report Insights
- Chronic Kidney Disease Pipeline Analysis
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Unmet Needs
- Impact of Drugs
Chronic Kidney Disease Report Assessment
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Pipeline Assessment
- Inactive drugs assessment
- Unmet Needs
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
- How many companies are developing Chronic Kidney Disease drugs?
- How many Chronic Kidney Disease drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Chronic Kidney Disease?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Chronic Kidney Disease therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Chronic Kidney Disease and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?
- AdAlta Ltd
- Allena Pharmaceuticals Inc
- apceth Biopharma GmbH
- Arch Biopartners Inc
- Astellas Pharma Inc
- AstraZeneca Plc
- Bayer AG
- BiOrion Technologies BV
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Boryung Pharmaceutical Co Ltd
- Celgene Corp
- Certa Therapeutics Pty Ltd
- Conatus Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Corvidia Therapeutics Inc
- DiaMedica Therapeutics Inc
- Dimerix Bioscience Pty Ltd
- DiscoveryBiomed Inc
- DURECT Corp
- Epigen Biosciences Inc
- Galectin Therapeutics Inc
- GenKyoTex SA
- GNI Group Ltd
- iBio Inc
- IC-MedTech Inc
- Ipsen SA
- Isarna Therapeutics GmbH
- KBP BioSciences Co Ltd
- Kidney Fibrosis
- Klotho Therapeutics Inc
- Les Laboratoires Servier SAS
- ManRos Therapeutics
- Mironid Ltd
- NovaTarg Therapeutics Inc
- Novo Nordisk AS
- OPKO Health Inc
- Opsidio LLC
- Otsuka Holdings Co Ltd
- Pharmaxis Ltd
- Q BioMed Inc
- Redx Pharma Plc
- Regulus Therapeutics Inc
- Resverlogix Corp
- Sanwa Kagaku Kenkyusho Co Ltd
- Sarfez Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Scholar Rock Inc
- Sirnaomics Inc
- Sphaera Pharma Pte Ltd
- Symic Biomedical Inc
- Taisho Pharmaceutical Holdings Co Ltd
- Theravance Biopharma Inc
- Unity Biotechnology Inc
- Vascular Biogenics Ltd
- Vascular BioSciences
- VESSL Therapeutics Ltd
- Vicore Pharma AB
- efepoetin alfa