Cluster Headache Market
DelveInsight’s ‘Cluster Headache Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast—2030’ report deliver an in-depth understanding of and historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends of Cluster Headache in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom), and Japan.
The Cluster Headache market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, and their market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Cluster Headache symptoms market size from 2018 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The report also covers current Cluster Headache symptoms treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities. It assesses the underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2018–2030
Cluster Headache Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Cluster Headache Overview
According to the National Organization of Rare Diseases (NORD), Cluster headaches (CHs) are an uncommon, severe form of primary neurovascular headaches. CH is the most painful form of headaches, with the pain occurring on one side of the head and behind or above the eye or at the temple most commonly.
CH is subcategorized into episodic and chronic forms based on certain factors like duration, frequency, periodicity, etc. In episodic cluster headache (ECH), at least two cluster periods lasting 7 days to 1 year, separated by pain-free periods lasting 1 month or more, are seen. In chronic cluster headache (CCH), attacks occur for more than 1 year without remission or with remission lasting less than 1 month.
Patients with CH have typical trigeminal-autonomic symptoms, such as ptosis (drooping of the upper eyelid), sweating, and miosis (constriction of pupils). In addition to trigeminal-autonomic symptoms, a large proportion of patients with CH have migraine-like features such as photophobia (sensitivity to light) or osmophobia (hypersensitivity to odors); thus, many patients are not correctly diagnosed and are misdiagnosed with a migraine disorder instead.
Cluster Headache Diagnosis and Treatment
It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies and diagnoses available in the Cluster Headache market to treat the condition. It also provides country-wise treatment guidelines and algorithms across the United States, Europe, and Japan.
The DelveInsight Cluster Headache market report gives a thorough understanding of Cluster Headache symptoms by including disease definition, symptoms, causes, physiology, and diagnosis. It also provides Cluster Headache symptoms of treatment algorithms and treatment guidelines for Cluster Headache symptoms in the US, Europe, and Japan.
The recommended technique for diagnosis is MRI with or without contrast enhancement and fine slices through the pituitary gland region (as pituitary tumors can manifest with secondary headaches with a cluster phenotype). If a pituitary gland lesion is suspected or confirmed by imaging, laboratory testing for levels of pituitary hormones is indicated.
The treatment of cluster headache can be divided into three treatment phases: a fast-acting abortive treatment, preventive drugs, and transitional treatment to bridge the period between patients starting preventive drug dosages and the drugs asserting an effect. The main goal in cluster headache treatment should always be to prevent all attacks.
Cluster Headache Epidemiology
The Cluster Headache symptoms epidemiology division provides insights about the historical and current patient pool along with the forecasted trend for every seven major countries. It helps recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the DelveInsight report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends and assumptions undertaken.
The total prevalent cases of Cluster Headache are increasing by 7MM during the study period, i.e., 2018–2030.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Cluster Headache symptoms epidemiology segmented as the prevalence of Cluster Headache, diagnosed cases of Cluster Headache, type-specific cases of Cluster Headache, gender-specific cases of Cluster Headache, and age-specific cases of Cluster Headache. The report includes the prevalent scenario of Cluster Headache symptoms in 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan from 2018 to 2030.
Country-wise Cluster Headache Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the Cluster Headache epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
The total prevalent cases of Cluster Headache associated in 7MM countries was 877,859 in 2020.
Cluster Headache Drug Chapters
The Cluster Headache report’s drug chapter segment encloses the detailed analysis of Cluster Headache’s early-stage (Phase- I, II, and III) pipeline drugs. It also helps understand the Cluster Headache clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
Cluster Headache Emerging Drug
VYEPTI (Eptinezumab): Lundbeck Seattle BioPharmaceutical
Eptinezumab (ALD-403), sold under the brand name VYEPTI, is a medication for the preventive treatment of migraine in adults. It is a monoclonal antibody that targets calcitonin gene-related peptides (CGRP) alpha and beta. It is administered by intravenous infusion every 3 months.
Civamide (Zucapsaicin): Winston Laboratories
Zucapsaicin (Civanex) is a medication used to treat osteoarthritis of the knee and other neuropathic pain. It is applied three times daily for a maximum of three months. Zucapsaicin is a member of phenols and a member of methoxybenzenes. It is a modulator of transient-receptor potential-cation channel subfamily V member 1 (TRPV-1), also known as the vanilloid or capsaicin receptor 1, which reduces pain and improves articular functions. It is the cis-isomer of capsaicin.
Products detail in the report…
Cluster Headache Market Outlook
The Cluster Headache market outlook helps build a detailed comprehension of the historical, current, and forecasted Cluster Headache market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers, and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Cluster Headache market trend of each marketed drug and early-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the Cluster Headache market in 7MM is expected to grow in the study period 2018–2030.
As per DelveInsight’s analysis, the number of patients suffering from the episodic form is much higher than those suffering from the chronic form. In the US, in 2018, there were 157,040 cases of the episodic form of CH and 39,260 cases of the chronic form of CH. These are projected to increase to 170,448 and 42,612 cases for episodic and chronic form, respectively. The treatment for cluster headache can be divided into three treatment phases: a fast-acting abortive treatment, preventive drugs, and transitional treatment to bridge the period between patients starting preventive drug dosages and the drugs asserting an effect. The acute treatment includes Triptans, High-flow oxygen, Somatostatin, and Somatostatin Analogues, among others. Prophylactic treatment drugs of the first choice are verapamil, lithium, and topiramate.
This section includes a glimpse of the Cluster Headache market in the 7MM.
The market size of Cluster Headache in the seven major markets was USD 741.8 million in 2020.
The United States Market Outlook
This section provides the total Cluster Headache market size and market size by therapies in the United States.
The United States accounts for the largest market size of Cluster Headache in comparison to the EU5 (the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain) and Japan.
EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
The total Cluster Headache market size and market size by therapies in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom are provided in this section.
Japan Market Outlook
The total Cluster Headache market Size and market Size by therapies in Japan are also mentioned.
Cluster Headache Drugs Uptake
This section focuses on the uptake of the potential drugs recently launched or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2018–2030. The analysis covers the Cluster Headache market uptake by drugs, patient uptake by therapies, and sales of each drug.
This helps understand the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs, and the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size, which will again be useful in investigating factors important in the market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Cluster Headache Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into the therapeutic candidate in Phase I, II, and III stages. It also analyses Cluster Headache’s key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Major players include Lundbeck Seattle BioPharmaceuticals and Winston Laboratories.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition, and merger, licensing, and patent details for Cluster Headache emerging therapies.
Reimbursement Scenario in Cluster Headache
Proactively approaching reimbursement can positively impact both during the early stages of product development and well after product launch. In the report, we consider reimbursement to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business and price strategy.
A prospective study by Negro et al. (2020) aimed to quantify the total direct and indirect cost of ECH and CCH over a cluster period, both for the patient and the National Health System (NHS), using data from subjects who consecutively attended an Italian tertiary headache center between January 1, 2018, and December 31, 2018. A total of 108 patients (89 ECH, 19 CCH) were included. The mean attack frequency was 2.3 ± 1.4 per day. The mean total cost of a CH bout was EUR 4398 per patient, and the total cost of CCH was 5.4 times higher than ECH (EUR 13,350 vs. EUR 2487, p < 0.001). Direct costs represented 72.1% of total cost and were covered for the 94.8% by the NHS. The costs for any item of expense were higher for CCH than for ECH (p < 0.001). Mean indirect costs for a CH bout were EUR 1,226 per patient and higher for CCH than ECH (EUR 3,538 vs. EUR 732), but the difference was not significant. Days with reduced productive capacity impacted 64.6% of the total indirect costs. The analysis of the impact of CH on work showed that 27%% of patients felt that CH had limited their career, 40% had changed their work pattern, 20% had changed their place of employment, and 10% had lost a job due to the disease. The results provide a valuable estimate of the direct and indirect costs of ECH and CCH in the specific setting of a tertiary headache center and confirm the high economic impact of CH on both the NHS and patients.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs’ and SMEs’ opinions working in the Cluster Headache domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or Cluster Headache market trends. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the market's overall scenario and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform a Competitive and Market Intelligence analysis of the Cluster Headache Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools: SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Cluster Headache, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, physiology, and currently available therapies.
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Cluster Headache epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM.
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Cluster Headache is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will impact the current treatment landscape.
- A detailed review of the Cluster Headache market, historical and forecasted, is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM.
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Cluster Headache market.
- In the coming years, the Cluster Headache market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease and the favorable environment for new anti-infective modalities, expanding the market’s size to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Cluster Headache R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for Cluster Headache. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Cluster Headache market.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase I, II, and III), different emerging trends, and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, and launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
Cluster Headache Report Insights
- Patient Population
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Cluster Headache Pipeline Analysis
- Cluster Headache Market Size and Trends
- Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Therapies
Cluster Headache Report Key Strengths
- 10-years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Cluster Headache Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Cross Competition
- Highly Analyzed Market
- Drugs Uptake
Cluster Headache Report Assessment
- Current Treatment Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Market Attractiveness
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- What was the Cluster Headache market share (%) distribution in 2018, and how would it look in 2030?
- What would be the Cluster Headache total market Size as well as market Size by therapies across the 7MM during the study period (2018–2030)?
- What are the market's key findings across 7MM, and which country will have the largest Cluster Headache market Size during the study period (2018–2030)?
- At what CAGR, the Cluster Headache market is expected to grow by 7MM during the study period (2018–2030)?
- What would be the Cluster Headache market outlook across the 7MM during the study period (2018–2030)?
- What would be the Cluster Headache market growth till 2030, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
- How would the market drivers, barriers, and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What are the disease risk, burdens, and unmet needs of Cluster Headache?
- What is the historical Cluster Headache patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of Cluster Headache in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM concerning the patient population about Cluster Headache?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the largest prevalent Cluster Headache population during the study period (2018–2030)?
- At what CAGR is the population expected to grow by 7MM during the study period (2018–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for the treatment of Cluster Headache along with the approved therapy?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of Cluster Headache in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
- What are the Cluster Headache marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, and safety, and efficacy, etc.?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Cluster Headache?
- How many therapies are developed by each company for the treatment of Cluster Headache?
- How many emerging therapies are in the mid-stage and late stages of development for the treatment of Cluster Headache?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to Cluster Headache therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action, and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Cluster Headache and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for Cluster Headache?
- What are the global historical and forecasted markets of Cluster Headache?
Reasons to buy
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Cluster Headache market.
- To understand the future market competition in the Cluster Headache market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Cluster Headache in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for the Cluster Headache market.
- To understand the future market competition in the Cluster Headache market.