Deep Brain Stimulation Devices Pipeline Insight
DelveInsight’s, “Deep Brain Stimulation Devices – Pipeline Insight and Competitive Landscape, 2020,” report provides comprehensive insights about 20+ companies and 23+ pipeline devices in deep brain stimulation (DBS) devices pipeline landscape. The DBS market is expected to undergo substantial growth in the coming years owning to an increasing prevalence of neurological disorders around the world. The growing aging population is also a major growth factor for DBS devices market as it is more susceptible to neurological disorders like Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease and Epilepsy.
Therefore, due to an increase in demand of such devices, huge investment is being made on R&D activities in neurological sector, which is the major reason for an extensive pipeline in this segment.
This reports provides a detailed study of the emerging DBS devices along with competitive landscape to help better understand the emerging DBS devices.
Deep Brain Stimulation Devices Overview
Deep Brain Stimulation Devices: Understanding
The deep brain stimulation device is a battery-operated, surgically-implanted device. It is sometimes called a pacemaker for the brain. DBSs are commonly used to treat movement disorders as well as neuropsychiatric disorders. DBS is a therapy that relies on the delivery of mild electrical pulses to specific areas in the brain via an implanted lead connected to a battery-powered pulse generator placed in the patient’s upper chest area. A physician is able to vary and control the stimulation delivered through the lead to the brain using an external, hand-held programmer. At present, DBS systems use leads with electrodes that send out electrical current in all direction.
Who needs a deep brain stimulation device?
Patients with the following disorder:
- Essential tremor
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Parkinson's disease
Deep Brain Stimulation Devices Competitive Assessment
This segment of the deep brain stimulation devices pipeline report encloses its detailed analysis of various pipeline devices which include product description, licensing and collaboration details and other developmental activities including the latest news and press releases. The report also provides list of major players involved in the pipeline product development.
Two types of materials are used in the implementation of the electrodes: Brittle materials (e.g. Silicon) and ductile materials (e.g. metals and flexible polymers).
The DBS devices are used in Parkinson's disease, epilepsy, essential tremor, dystonia and obsessive compulsive disorder.
- Major Players in DBS Devices
There are approx. 20+ key companies which are developing the products for DBS devices.
- directSTIM DBS System: Aleva Neurotherapeutics SA.
Aleva’s revolutionary DBS system incorporates directional electrode technology and is designed to be more precise and efficient, with optimized stimulation that will potentially reduce side effects. At present, Aleva is the only emerging technology company to be awarded the CE-Mark for Deep Brain Stimulation.
- Picostim: Bioinduction Ltd
Picostim is in clinical trial phase. It is a miniaturized skull-mounted DBS device which is optimized to generate waveforms needed for stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus (STN) and STN region, employing a unique method of controlling stimulation current. The product undergoing clinical trial and is expected to be completed by 2023. It is a single center, open label, non-randomized design with the primary objective of showing similarity in control of motor symptoms for the Picostim device compared with previously published data for existing DBS devices.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Deep Brain Stimulation Devices Competitive Benchmarking
This segment of the reports provides analysis of the pipeline report to give a clear understanding of the comparative analysis.
The analysis is based on
- Brand Positioning of Leading companies
- Industry Collaborations
Deep Brain Stimulation Devices: Commercialization Activity
This segment of the report provides a detailed list of any commercial activity in the field of deep brain stimulator devices ranging from collaboration, mergers and acquisition, recent breakthrough among others.
- In August, 2020, the new Percept PC Neurostimulator with BrainSense developed by Medtronic was implanted to a patient in Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center which become the first hospital in the state to implant a patient with a more personalized treatment for neurological disease
- Medtronic in August 2019 recalled the auto-registration feature of its StealthStation DBS software due to inaccuracies caused by minor patient movements during the auto-registration process when used with NexFrame stereotactic system during a DBS procedure. The problem resulted in 11 reports related to injuries and another 22 related to malfunctions, according to FDA.
Further commercial activities are provided in the report……..
Deep Brain Stimulation Devices: Reimbursement
US reimbursement policy, Medicare covers DBS for the treatment of essential tremor and/or Parkinsonian tremor. Medicare only consider DBS devices to be reasonable and necessary if they are Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved devices devices used in accordance with FDA approved protocols governing Category B Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) DBS clinical trials.
Further information is provided in the report……..
- Extensive coverage of the DBS devices under development
- The report reviews details of major pipeline products which includes, product description, licensing and collaboration details and other developmental activities
- The report reviews the major players involved in the development of DBS devices and list all their pipeline projects
- The coverage of pipeline products based on various stages of development ranging from Early Development to Approved / Issued stage
- The report provides key clinical trial data of ongoing trials specific to pipeline products
- Recent developments in the segment / industry
- The report consists of in depth analysis of pipeline products based on various parameters
Deep Brain Stimulation Devices Report Insights
- Deep Brain Stimulation Devices - Pipeline Analysis
- Deep Brain Stimulation Devices - Unmet Need
- Deep Brain Stimulation Devices - Market Dynamics
- Deep Brain Stimulation Devices - Future Perspectives and Conclusion
- Deep Brain Stimulation Devices - Analyst Views
- What are significant companies in this segment, their information, analysis, and insights to improve R&D strategies?
- How to identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage?
- What are important and diverse types of DBS devices under development?
- What are market-entry and market expansion strategies in DBS devices?
- What are some of the mergers and acquisitions and to identify major players with the most promising pipeline?
- What is in-depth analysis of the product’s current stage of development, territory and estimated launch date?
- Adaptive Neuromodulation GmbH
- Adept Neuro SA
- Aleva Neurotherapeutics SA
- Bioinduction Limited
- Boston Scientific Corp
- Brainsway Ltd
- Cleveland Medical Devices Inc
- Cortera Neurotechnologies Inc
- Deep Brain Innovations, LLC
- Enspire DBS Therapy Inc
- Functional Neuromodulation Inc.
- Medtronic plc
- NeuroOne Inc
- Nexeon MedSystems Inc
- Wedge Therapeutics