Erosive Esophagitis Pipeline Insight
DelveInsight’s, “Erosive Esophagitis – Pipeline Insights, 2021,” report provides comprehensive insights about 3+ companies and 3+ pipeline drugs in Erosive Esophagitis pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
Erosive Esophagitis Understanding
Erosive Esophagitis: Overview
Erosive Esophagitis (EE) is characterized by erosions in the gastric mucosa caused by acidic reflux of stomach contents into the esophagus. EE is a major type of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). The causes of esophagitis include stomach acids backing up into the esophagus, infection, oral medications and allergies. Esophagitis can also lead to complications such as scarring or narrowing of the esophagus, and difficulty in swallowing and inadequately treated EE may progress to more severe diseases including Barrett’s esophagus and esophageal cancer. There are estimated to be over 65 million individuals with GERD in the U.S., of which approximately 30% have Erosive Esophagitis.
The symptoms of Erosive Esophagitis include:
- Difficult swallowing
- Painful swallowing
- Chest pain, particularly behind the breastbone, that occurs with eating
- Swallowed food becoming stuck in the esophagus (food impaction)
- Acid regurgitation
- Feeding difficulties (In infants)
A diagnosis of Erosive Esophagitis is based upon a thorough clinical evaluation and physical examination. Tests like Barium X-ray and Endoscopy are done. Laboratory tests are done to check for Infectious esophagitis. Biopsy of the inflamed tissue is also performed in order to examine the severity of the condition.
Treatment for Erosive Esophagitis is based on treating the underlying cause of disorder, use of therapies intended to lessen symptoms, and to manage complications. Medications involved over-the-counter treatments like antacids (Maalox, Mylanta etc.), H-2-receptor blockers, such as cimetidine and ranitidine, proton pump inhibitors, such as lansoprazole and omeprazole, and Potassium-competitive acid blockers are used. Steroid medication are also used to treat inflammation. Anti-reflux surgery (Fundoplication) may be used when other interventions donot work.
Erosive Esophagitis Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Erosive Esophagitis report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase III, II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Erosive Esophagitis Emerging Drugs
Azeloprazole is an experimental drug that is a proton pump inhibitor. It works by inhibiting hydrogen potassium adenosine triphosphatase H /K ATPase acid pump. The drug is currently under PhaseII development for the treatment of Erosive oesophagitis.
- Fexuprazan: Daewoong Pharmaceutical
Fexuprazan is a potassium‐competitive acid pump antagonist, which reversibly blocks the proton pump that secretes gastric acids located in the cannalicular membrane. It is a next-generation of proton pump inhibitors (PPI) and is under phase 3 clinical development in Korea for patients with erosive esophagitis.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Erosive Esophagitis: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Erosive Esophagitis drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
- Major Players in Erosive Esophagitis
There are approx. 3+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Erosive Esophagitis. The companies which have their Erosive Esophagitis drug candidates in the most advanced stage, i.e. phase III include, Daewoong Pharmaceutical.
DelveInsight’s report covers around 3+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Late stage products (Phase III)
- Mid-stage products (Phase II)
- Early-stage product (Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
- Route of Administration
Erosive Esophagitis pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
- Molecule Type
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Small molecule
- Gene therapy
- Product Type
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
Erosive Esophagitis: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses Erosive Esophagitis therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging Erosive Esophagitis drugs.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Erosive Esophagitis R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve Erosive Esophagitis.
- In May, 2019 Takeda Pharmaceutical Company and Frazier Healthcare Partners announced a collaboration to launch Phathom Pharmaceuticals, a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel treatments for gastrointestinal (GI) diseases and disorders. Takeda has granted a license to Phathom for the development and exclusive commercialization rights to vonoprazan in the United States, Europe and Canada in exchange for upfront cash and equity, as well as future cash milestones and royalties on net sales.
Erosive Esophagitis Report Insights
- Erosive Esophagitis Pipeline Analysis
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Unmet Needs
- Impact of Drugs
Erosive Esophagitis Report Assessment
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Pipeline Assessment
- Inactive drugs assessment
- Unmet Needs
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
- How many companies are developing Erosive Esophagitis drugs?
- How many Erosive Esophagitis drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Erosive Esophagitis?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Erosive Esophagitis therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Erosive Esophagitis and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?
- Daewoong Pharmaceutical
- Jiangsu Aosaikang Pharmaceutical
- Dexlansoprazole injection