Hr Positive Her2 Negative Breast Cancer Pipeline Insight
DelveInsight’s, “HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer-Pipeline Insights, 2021,” report provides comprehensive insights about 50+ companies and 50+ pipeline drugs in HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer Understanding
HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer: Overview
HER2 is also known to be as ERBB2 which is Erb-B2 receptor tyrosine kinase 2. HER2 or ERBB2, is human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 which plays an important role in view of breast cancer. HER2 or ERBB2 gene is responsible for coding HER2 or ERBB2 proteins which are the receptors on the breast. A HER2-negative diagnosis also means that your cancer won't benefit from therapies that target the HER2 protein. Roughly half of metastatic breast cancers are both HR-positive and HER2-negative
Some of the common symptoms of Her2 negative breast cancer:
- Swelling in the breasts
- Notice change in the shape of the breasts
- There would be an appearance of rashes or some irritation on the skin
- Experience pain in the breast or nipples
- Discharge from the nipple, not the breast milk
- The appearance of prominent redness or thickness of the nipple or the breast skin
Three common test employed to test for HER2 levels are chromogenic in situ hybridization (CISH), immunohistochemistry (IHC) and fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH). Depending on the levels of HER2 or ERBB2 in the laboratory test breast cancer is classified as HER2 or ERBB2 positive or HER2 negative breast cancer. In HER2 or ERBB2 receptors in a normal breast maintains growth, division and repairing while in HER2 or ERBB2 positive breast cancer over-expression of HER2 or ERBB2 is seen. In case of HER2 negative breast cancer the levels of HER2 protein is in normal.
As the HR positive breast cancer mostly affects women. The treatment management of this specific cancer is complex and patient-centric, as treatment and outcomes differ significantly according to biomarker status among other patient characteristics, indicating a trend towards higher personalized medicine based upon patient biomarkers and physiologic characteristics. The treatment for HER2 negative breast cancer includes chemotherapy, radiation, surgery and hormonal or endocrine therapy. Hormonal or endocrine therapy is generally an adjunct therapy given to patients after surgery, chemotherapy or radiation therapy. For treatment of breast cancer receptor testing plays an important role for deciding the treatment for the patient. HER2 negative breast cancer can be ER (Estrogen Receptor) positive if it is tested positive for estrogen receptors; PR (Progesterone Receptor) positive if it is tested positive for progesterone receptor; while breast cancer can be TNBC (Triple Negative Breast Cancer) if there is absence of all three receptors i.e. HER2 or ERBB2, estrogen and progesterone. Generally hormonal therapy is employed for HER2 negative breast cancer.
HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer Emerging Drugs
Pamiparib (BGB-290) is an investigational small molecule inhibitor of PARP1 and PARP2. Pamiparib is being evaluated for the treatment of HER2 Negative Breast Cancer. It is currently in global clinical development as a monotherapy, and in combination with other agents, including BeiGene’s investigational anti-PD1 antibody, tislelizumab (BGB-A317), for a variety of solid tumor malignancies.
The company is developing the drug as a monotherapy and also, as a combination therapy with palbociclib for the treatment of HER2 Negative Breast Cancer. The drug is in phase II stage of development.
H3B 6545 is an orally available, selective estrogen receptor alpha covalent antagonist, being developed by H3 Biomedicine for the treatment of breast cancer.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
- Major Players in HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer
There are approx. 50+ key companies which are developing the therapies for HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer. The companies which have their HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer drug candidates in the most advanced stage, i.e. phase III include, Nightstar Therapeutics/Biogen.
DelveInsight’s report covers around 50+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Late stage products (Phase III)
- Mid-stage products (Phase II)
- Early-stage product (Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
- Route of Administration
HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
- Molecule Type
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Small molecule
- Gene therapy
- Product Type
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer drugs.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer.
- In August 2020, Roche announced that the Phase III IMpassion131 study, evaluating Tecentriq(atezolizumab) in combination with paclitaxel (chemotherapy), in comparison to placebo plus paclitaxel, did not meet statistical significance on its primary endpoint of progression-free survival (PFS) for the initial (first-line) treatment of people with metastatic triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC), in the PD-L1-positive population.
- In June 2020, UbiVac announced it has entered into a clinical trial collaboration with Bristol Myers Squibb Company evaluate the safety, tolerability, and preliminary efficacy of UbiVac’s investigational product, DPV-001.
- In August 2016, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Breakthrough Therapy Designation to Novartis for ribociclib (LEE011), in combination with letrozole (Femara), for treating hormone receptor-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative (HR+/HER2-) advanced or metastatic breast cancer.
HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer Report Insights
- HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer Pipeline Analysis
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Unmet Needs
- Impact of Drugs
HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer Report Assessment
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Pipeline Assessment
- Inactive drugs assessment
- Unmet Needs
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
- How many companies are developing HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer drugs?
- How many HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for HR Positive/ HER2 Negative Breast Cancer and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?
- Olema Pharmaceuticals
- Radius Pharmaceuticals
- H3 Biomedicine
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Hoffmann-La Roche
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Tesaro, Inc.
- H3 Biomedicine
- BioMarin Pharmaceutical
- Eagle Pharmaceuticals
- Millennium Pharmaceuticals
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp
- H3B 6545
- Poziotinib Hydrochloride
- INIPARIB + irinotecan
- XL147 (SAR245408)