Hydroxychloroquine Drug Insights
DelveInsight’s ‘Hydroxychloroquine – Drug Insights 2020’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the hydroxychloroquine, its various marketed products and their details across the United States, Europe and Japan), approvals, withdrawals (if any), patent details, Global API (Hydroxychloroquine) manufacturers (The United States, Europe, India and China), competitive landscape (marketed as well as emerging therapies), SWOT analysis along with the historical and forecasted global sales for all the marketed hydroxychloroquine formulations.
Forecast Period: 2020–2030
Hydroxychloroquine is a quinoline medicine used to treat or prevent malaria, a disease caused by parasites that enter the body through the bite of a mosquito. This medicine is not effective against all strains of malaria. Hydroxychloroquine is also an antirheumatic medicine and is used to treat symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and discoid or systemic lupus erythematosus.
Mechanism of action
The precise mechanism by which hydroxychloroquine exhibits activity against Plasmodium is not known. Hydroxychloroquine, like chloroquine, is a weak base and may exert its effect by concentrating in the acid vesicles of the parasite and by inhibiting polymerization of heme. It can also inhibit certain enzymes by its interaction with DNA.
Rheumatoid Arthritis and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
The mechanisms underlying the anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory effects of PLAQUENIL are unknown.
Dosage Forms and Administration
• One Plaquenil tablet contains 200 mg of hydroxychloroquine sulfate, which is equivalent to 155 mg base.
• Take Plaquenil with a meal or a glass of milk.
Hydroxychloroquine and Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Hydroxychloroquine is being investigated for and has been used in the management of COVID-19 caused by SARS-CoV-2. Targeted for investigation based on evidence of in vitro activity against SARS-CoV-2 and on initial anecdotal reports and preliminary information from small trials. In addition, 4-aminoquinoline derivatives (chloroquine, hydroxychloroquine) have immunomodulatory activity that theoretically could contribute to anti-inflammatory responses in patients with viral infections.
On March 28, 2020, FDA issued an emergency use authorization (EUA) that permits chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine to be distributed from the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) to public health authorities to facilitate availability of the drugs during the COVID-19 pandemic for use only in hospitalized adults and adolescents weighing ≥50 kg for whom a clinical trial is not available or participation not feasible.
Further information in detailed report…….
Hydroxychloroquine Perspective by DelveInsight
This report’s Hydroxychloroquine Product Overview section provides details about the available marketed products, their mechanisms of action, dosage and administration, clinical pharmacology, product development activities, approvals and withdrawals and other relevant information.
Global Sales Assessment
This report studies the Hydroxychloroquine global market size by various available marketed products (historical data 2014-2018 and forecasted data 2020-2030).
Global API Manufacturers
This section provides the details of various Hydroxychloroquine manufacturers across the globe (The United States, Europe, China and India). Information includes API manufacturers name, address, DMF number of the product and other details. This section also provides the regionwise analysis of Global API manufacturers for hydroxychloroquine.
Scope of the Report
• The Hydroxychloroquine report covers a detailed overview of hydroxychloroquine and its marketed formulations, explaining their mechanisms of action, dosage and administration, dosage Forms, clinical pharmacology, approvals and withdrawals (if any).
• The Hydroxychloroquine report provides products details across the United States, Europe and Japan
• The report provides insight, the historical and forecasted sales assessment for various Hydroxychloroquine formulations across the globe
• The report also provides the patents related information pertaining to various Hydroxychloroquine formulations (marketed products)
• The report helps to recognize the growth opportunities across the globe with respect to the Hydroxychloroquine formulations
• The report assesses the market competitors with respect to the marketed as well as emerging therapies for Hydroxychloroquine
• The report provides the SWOT analysis and analysis summary pertaining to the Hydroxychloroquine products
• 11-Year Forecast of Hydroxychloroquine marketed products
• Global Coverage
• Hydroxychloroquine and COVID-19
• SWOT Analysis
• Global API Manufacturers (The United States, Europe, China and India)
• Market Competitors
• Competitive Landscape for emerging drugs
We interview, KOLs and SME's opinion through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. The opinion helps to understand the total patient population and current treatment pattern. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the indications.
Key Questions Answered
• What will be the growth opportunities across the globe with respect to the Hydroxychloroquine?
• What are the key findings pertaining to the Hydroxychloroquine formulations across the globe?
• Among the available marketed products, which product will have the highest number of sales figures during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• At what CAGR the Hydroxychloroquine market is expected to grow across the globe during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• What are the upcoming therapies or formulations of Hydroxychloroquine?
Reasons to buy
The Hydroxychloroquine Epidemiology report will allow the user to -
• Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Hydroxychloroquine market.
• Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the key markets and indications that present the best opportunities for Hydroxychloroquine therapeutics across the globe.
• The Hydroxychloroquine epidemiology report and sales models were written and developed by Masters and PhD level epidemiologists.
• The Hydroxychloroquine Sales forecast model developed by DelveInsight is easy understand with transparent and consistent methodologies. Moreover, the model supports data presented in the report and showcases disease trends over 11-year forecast period using reputable sources.
• Global sales by products
• Region-wise API manufacturers analysis
• Patents Analysis
• SWOT Analysis
• Competitive Landscape
List to be continued in the report……
• Hydroxychloroquine in combination with ABC294640 (RedHill Biopharma Limited)
• Hydroxychloroquine in combination with Trametinib (Novartis Pharmaceuticals)
List to be continued in the report…
1. Report Introduction
2. Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil)
3. Product Overview
4. Product Description
5. Mechanism of action
6.Dosage and Administration
7.Research and Development
8.Product Developmental Activities
9. Product Details
9.1 United States
10. Hydroxychloroquine Global Sales Assessment
11.Historical and Forecasted Global Sales
12. Patent Details
Global API Manufacturers
Competitive Landscape (Emerging Therapies)
Table 1: Hydroxychloroquine General Description
Table 2: Hydroxychloroquine Product Details, United States
Table 3: Hydroxychloroquine Product Details, Europe
Table 4: Hydroxychloroquine Product Details, Japan
Table 5: Hydroxychloroquine, Historical and Forecasted Global Sales from 2017-2030 (in million USD)
Table 6: Patent Details: Hydroxychloroquine
Table 7: API Manufacturers for Hydroxychloroquine Region wise
Table 8: API Manufacturers for Hydroxychloroquine for India
Table 9: API Manufacturers for Hydroxychloroquine for China
Table 10: API Manufacturers for Hydroxychloroquine for the United States
Table 11: API Manufacturers for Hydroxychloroquine for Europe
Table 12: Hydroxychloroquine Market Competitors
Table 13: Competitive Landscape (Emerging Therapies)
*The list of tables is not exhaustive; will be provided in the final report
Figure 1: Hydroxychloroquine, Historical and Forecasted Global Sales from 2017 to 2030 (in million USD)
Figure 2: Patent Details: Hydroxychloroquine
Figure 3: API Manufacturers for Hydroxychloroquine Region wise
*The list of figures is not exhaustive; will be provided in the final report