- According to the research study by Hill et al. (2022), There are over 3 million adults throughout the United States and Europe that currently have a diagnosis of hyperlipidemia, and that number continues to rise at a drastic pace. The degree of Hyperlipidemia is highest in patients with premature coronary artery disease (CAD), defined as CAD arising in males before age 55 to 60 years and females before age 65 years.
- The Hyperlipidemia epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted epidemiology segmented as Total Prevalent Cases of Hyperlipidemia, Total Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Hyperlipidemia, Gender-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Hyperlipidemia, Etiology-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Hyperlipidemia, and Treated Cases of Hyperlipidemia in the 7MM covering the United States, EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the United Kingdom, and Japan from 2019 to 2032.
Request for unlocking the CAGR of the “Hyperlipidemia Market”
DelveInsight’s “Hyperlipidemia – Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast – 2032” report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Hyperlipidemia, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Hyperlipidemia market trends in the United States, EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the United Kingdom and Japan.
The Hyperlipidemia market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, market share of individual therapies, and current and forecasted Hyperlipidemia market size from 2019 to 2032, segmented by the seven major markets. The report also covers the current Hyperlipidemia treatment practices/algorithms and Hyperlipidemia unmet needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assess the underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the United Kingdom
Study period: 2019–2032
Hyperlipidemia Market: Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
DelveInsight’s Hyperlipidemia market report gives a thorough understanding of Hyperlipidemia by including details such as disease definition, symptoms, causes, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment.
Hyperlipidemia, which is also known as dyslipidemia or high cholesterol, means the presence of too many lipids (fats) in the blood. The liver creates cholesterol to help digest the food and in making of hormones, but cholesterol in foods from the meat and dairy aisles are also consumed and since liver makes as much cholesterol as required by the body the cholesterol in foods consuption is extra for the body. Too much cholesterol (200 to 239 mg/dL is borderline high and 240 mg/dL is high) is not healthy because it can create roadblocks in artery highways where blood travels around to the body. This can also damage organs. Low-density lipoprotein that is considered as a bad cholestrol is the most dangerous type because it causes hardened cholesterol deposits (plaque) to collect inside of the blood vessels. Moreover this makes it harder for the blood to get through, which puts a person at risk for a stroke or heart attack.
Hyperlipidemia is subdivided into two broad classifications: primary (familial) or secondary (acquired) hyperlipidemia. Primary hyperlipidemia derives from a plethora of genetic disorders that a patient may inherit through birth, while secondary hyperlipidemia typically originates from an alternate underlying etiology, such as an unhealthy diet, medications (amiodarone, glucocorticoids), hypothyroidism, uncontrolled diabetes, and/or a poor lifestyle regime.
Hyperlipidemia has no specific symptoms often the plaque buildup (made of cholesterol and fats) slow down or stop blood flow to the heart or brain leading to chest pain with exertion, jaw pain, flushing, nausea and shortness of breath.
The diagnosis of Hyperlipidemia can be a difficult one, often in the sense that there are no presenting symptoms. Hyperlipidemia can be diagnosed with a lipid panel or a lipid profile blood test. This test determines the total cholesterol levels, low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol, and triglyceride levels in the body.
Treatment with common cholesterol and triglyceride lowering medications such as statins, that is also the first line medication for Hyperlipidemia. For example atorvastatin (Lipitor), fluvastatin (Lescol XL), lovastatin (Altoprev), pitavastatin (Livalo), pravastatin (Pravachol), rosuvastatin (Crestor), simvastatin (Zocor).
Inclisiran is a new drug using mRNA technology. It has been approved in Europe but not yet in the United States. It is the pioneer cholesterol drug in what’s called “small interfering RNA therapy.” This is a type of drug that blocks, or interferes with, the function of an RNA messenger (mRNA). It blocks PCSK9 activity, that causes problems with the LDL receptors in the liver that are necessary for the uptake of LDL cholesterol by liver cells. Inclisiran helps the body reduce the amount of LDL cholesterol by blocking PCSK9 activity. The drug is intended for hyperlipidemia treatment in adults whose high LDL cholesterol persists even while they’re on a maximum tolerated dose of statin therapy.
In 2021, PRALUENT (alirocumab) was approved by the US FDA as an add-on treatment for familial hypercholesterolemia. This is a genetic condition that causes severely high cholesterol. PRALUENT was originally approved by the FDA in 2015 for treating heart disease and primary inherited hyperlipidemia. It was then the first PCSK9 inhibitor approved by the FDA. This differs from the new mRNA drug Inclirisan, in that inhibitors attach to the PCSK9 gene, whereas the mRNA drug prevents PCSK9 from being produced. Alirocumab, the active drug in PRALUENT, is a monoclonal antibody. This is a protein synthesized in a laboratory that behaves like antibodies made by the human body.
The two drugs NEXLITOL and NEXLIZET, approved by the US FDA in 2020, are the first new non-statin cholesterol drugs approved by the FDA since 2002. NEXLITOL contains bempedoic acid, which has been shown in clinical trials to inhibit cholesterol. It’s designed to be taken in combination with the maximum tolerable dosage of statins. NEXLIZET contains ezetimibe, which lowers cholesterol by preventing the body from absorbing cholesterol from foods. It’s also designed to be taken along with statins. Both NEXLITOL and NEXLIZET can cause serious side effects.
The Hyperlipidemia epidemiology section provides insights into the historical and current Hyperlipidemia patient pool and forecasted trends for seven individual major countries. It helps recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the Hyperlipidemia report also provides the diagnosed patient pool, its trends, and assumptions undertaken.
According to the research study by Hill et al. (2022), There are over 3 million adults throughout the United States and Europe that currently have a diagnosis of hyperlipidemia, and that number continues to rise at a drastic pace. The degree of Hyperlipidemia is highest in patients with premature coronary artery disease (CAD), defined as CAD arising in males before age 55 to 60 years and females before age 65 years.
According to a large-population, retrospective, cohort study by Ramírez et al. (2020), a sociodemographic survey was conducted and blood samples and lipid profiles were obtained. The participants were predominantly female (77%), single (92.5%), and young adults (62.3%) and with an average socioeconomic level (55.1%). The overall prevalence of Hyperlipidemia in this study was 33.8%, with the following risk values: triglyceride (TG), 12.8%; hypercholesterolemia, 16.1%; high density lipoprotein cholesterol (cHDL), 15.0%; and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (cLDL), 42.2%.
The Hyperlipidemia epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted epidemiology segmented as Total Prevalent Cases of Hyperlipidemia, Total Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Hyperlipidemia, Gender-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Hyperlipidemia, Etiology-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Hyperlipidemia, and Treated Cases of Hyperlipidemia in the 7MM covering the United States, EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the United Kingdom, and Japan from 2019 to 2032.
Country-wise Hyperlipidemia Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the Hyperlipidemia epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the United Kingdom, and Japan.
Hyperlipidemia Drug Chapters
The drug chapter segment of the Hyperlipidemiareport encloses a detailed analysis of Hyperlipidemia marketed drugs and late-stage (Phase III and Phase II) Hyperlipidemia pipeline drugs. It also helps understand the Hyperlipidemia clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
Emerging Hyperlipidemia Drugs
The report details the emerging Hyperlipidemia therapies under the late and mid-stage of development for Hyperlipidemia treatment.
Hyperlipidemia Market Outlook
The Hyperlipidemia market outlook of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of the historical, current, and forecasted Hyperlipidemia market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, Hyperlipidemia unmet needs, and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of the Hyperlipidemia market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need for the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the Hyperlipidemia market in the 7MM is expected to witness a major change in the study period 2019–2032.
This section includes a glimpse of the Hyperlipidemia market in the 7MM.
The United States: Hyperlipidemia Market Outlook
This section provides the total Hyperlipidemia market size and market size by therapies in the United States.
EU4 and the United Kingdom: Hyperlipidemia Market Outlook
The total Hyperlipidemia market size and market size by therapies in EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the United Kingdom are provided in this section.
Japan: Hyperlipidemia Market Outlook
The total Hyperlipidemia market size and market size by therapies in Japan are also mentioned.
Hyperlipidemia Drug Uptake
This section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched in the Hyperlipidemia market or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2019–2032. The analysis covers the Hyperlipidemia market uptake by drugs, patient uptake by therapies, and sales of each drug.
This will help in understanding the Hyperlipidemia drugs with the most rapid uptake and the reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs and allows the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size, which again will be useful in investigating factors important in the market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Hyperlipidemia Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in Phase II and Phase III stages. It also analyses the Hyperlipidemia key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
The report covers detailed information on collaborations, acquisitions, and mergers, licensing patent details, and other information for Hyperlipidemia emerging therapies.
Hyperlipidemia Reimbursement Scenario
Approaching reimbursement proactively can have a positive impact both during the late stages of product development and well after product launch. In a report, we consider reimbursement to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business and price strategy.
To keep up with current epidemiology and market trends, we take KOLs and SMEs' opinions working in the Hyperlipidemia domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current and emerging therapies and treatment patterns along with Hyperlipidemia market trends. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatments by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the Hyperlipidemia unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform competitive and market intelligence analysis of the Hyperlipidemia market by using various competitive intelligence tools that include – SWOT analysis and Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Hyperlipidemia Market Report
· Descriptive overview of Hyperlipidemia, disease overview, patient journeys, treatment algorithms, diagnosis, and currently available therapies.
· Comprehensive insight into the Hyperlipidemia epidemiology and forecasts in the 7MM.
· An all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Hyperlipidemia, along with the assessment of new therapies, is expected to have an impact on the current treatment landscape.
· Exhaustive analysis of the Hyperlipidemia market; historical and forecasted covering drug outreach in the 7MM.
· Detailed patient-based Hyperlipidemia market forecasting determines the trends shaping and driving the global Hyperlipidemia market.
Hyperlipidemia Report Highlights
· In the coming years, the Hyperlipidemia market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
· The Hyperlipidemia companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Hyperlipidemia R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
· Hyperlipidemia companies are involved in developing Hyperlipidemia therapies. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Hyperlipidemia market.
· A better understanding of Hyperlipidemia pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for Hyperlipidemia.
· Our in-depth analysis of the Hyperlipidemia pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), emerging trends, and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed Hyperlipidemia clinical trials profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
Hyperlipidemia Report Insights
· Patient-Based Hyperlipidemia Market Forecasting
· Therapeutic approaches
· Hyperlipidemia pipeline analysis
· Hyperlipidemia market size and trends
· Hyperlipidemia market opportunities
· Impact of upcoming therapies
Hyperlipidemia Report Key Strengths
· 10 years forecast
· The 7MM Coverage
· Hyperlipidemia epidemiology segmentation
· Key cross competition
· KOL views
· Hyperlipidemia drugs uptake
Hyperlipidemia Report Assessment
· Current treatment practices
· Hyperlipidemia Unmet needs
· Hyperlipidemia pipeline product profiles
· Hyperlipidemia market attractiveness
Hyperlipidemia market insights:
· What would be the Hyperlipidemia market growth till 2032, and what will be the resultant market size in 2032?
· What was the Hyperlipidemia drug class share (in percentage) distribution in 2019, and how would it look in 2032?
· What would be the Hyperlipidemia total market size and market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2019–2032)?
· What are the key findings of the market across the 7MM, and which country will have the largest Hyperlipidemia market size during the forecast period (2019–2032)?
· How would the unmet needs affect the Hyperlipidemia market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
Hyperlipidemia Epidemiology Insights:
· What are the disease risk, burden, and regional/ethnic differences of the Hyperlipidemia?
· What is the historical and forecasted Hyperlipidemia patient pool in the 7MM, and where can one observe the highest patient population and growth opportunities?
· What are the key factors driving the epidemiology trends for seven major markets covering the United States, EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the United Kingdom, and Japan?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies
· What are the current treatment guidelines and treatment options, in addition to approved therapies for Hyperlipidemiain the US, Europe, and Japan?
· What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry-Academia), mergers and acquisitions, and licensing activities related to Hyperlipidemia therapies?
· What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action, and technologies being developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
· What are the clinical studies going on for Hyperlipidemia and its status, along with the challenges faced?
Reasons to Buy
· The patient-based Hyperlipidemia market forecasting analysis will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Hyperlipidemia market.
· Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Hyperlipidemia in the US, EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the UK, and Japan.
· Identification of strong upcoming players in the market that will help devise strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors.