Iga Nephropathy Igan Market
DelveInsight’s ‘IgA Nephropathy (IgAN) – Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast – 2030’ report deliver an in-depth understanding of the IgA Nephropathy, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom), and Japan.
The IgA Nephropathy market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, market share of the individual therapies, and current and forecasted IgA Nephropathy market size from 2018 to 2030, segmented by seven major markets. The report also covers current IgA Nephropathy symptoms treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2018–2030
IgA Nephropathy Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
IgA Nephropathy Overview
IgA Nephropathy (IgAN) is an autoimmune disease that attacks the kidneys. It affects blood filtration in the small blood vessels of the kidneys. IgAN occurs when an abnormal protein damages the filtering unit (glomerulus) inside the kidneys.
IgA Nephropathy is the most common glomerular disease worldwide but varies largely geographically. Studies assess the prevalence of IgAN in different worldwide regions and analyze factors responsible for geographic differences. According to one such prominent study, IgAN is more frequent in Asian populations (45 cases per million population/y in Japan) than in Caucasians (31 cases per million population/y in France).
IgA Nephropathy Diagnosis and Treatment
It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies and diagnoses available in the IgA Nephropathy market to treat the condition. It also provides the country-wise treatment guidelines and algorithms across the United States, Europe, and Japan.
The DelveInsight IgA Nephropathy market report thoroughly understands IgA Nephropathy symptoms by including disease definition, symptoms, causes, physiology, and diagnosis. It also treatment algorithms and treatment guidelines for IgA Nephropathy symptoms in the US, Europe, and Japan.
A disease-specific treatment for IgAN patients is not currently available, although several new molecules are under investigation. Treatment with several medications can slow the progress of the disease and help manage symptoms such as high blood pressure, protein in the urine, and swelling. Though the complete pathogenesis of the disease is not clear, many different types of immunosuppressants, or drugs that suppress the immune system, including steroids, can be considered. The major treatments to manage the disease include ACE inhibitors (angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors) and ARBs (angiotensin II receptor blockers).
IgA Nephropathy Epidemiology
The IgA Nephropathy epidemiology division provides insights into the historical and current patient pool and the forecasted trend for every seven major countries. It helps recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the DelveInsight report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends and assumptions.
The total prevalent cases of IgA Nephropathy in the 7MM are increasing during the study period, i.e., 2018–2030.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical and forecasted IgA Nephropathy epidemiology segmented as the prevalence of IgA Nephropathy, gender-specific cases of IgA Nephropathy, and age-specific cases of IgA Nephropathy. The report includes the prevalent scenario of IgA Nephropathy in 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan from 2018 to 2030.
Country-wise IgA Nephropathy Epidemiology
- The epidemiology segment also provides the IgA Nephropathy epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
- The total number of prevalent cases of IgA Nephropathy associated in 7MM countries was 377,829 in 2020.
IgA Nephropathy Drug Chapters
The report’s drug chapters enclose the detailed analysis of IgA Nephropathy early-stage (Phase I, II, and III) pipeline drugs. It also helps understand the IgA Nephropathy clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
IgA Nephropathy Emerging Drug
NEFECON: Calliditas Therapeutics AB
Nefecon is a patented oral formulation of a potent and well-known active substance – budesonide – for targeted release. The formulation is designed to deliver the drug to the Peyer’s patch region of the lower small intestine, where the disease originates, as per the predominant pathogenesis models. It is derived from the TARGIT technology, which allows the substance to pass through the stomach and intestine without being absorbed and released in a pulse-like fashion only when it reaches the lower small intestine.
Sparsentan: Travere Therapeutics Inc.
Sparsentan is a first-in-class, orally active, single-molecule that functions as a high-affinity dual-acting antagonist of both endothelin type A (ETA) and angiotensin II subtype 1 (AT1) receptors which are associated with kidney disease progression.
Products detail in the report…
IgA Nephropathy Market Outlook
The report’s market outlook helps build a detailed comprehension of the historical, current, and forecasted IgA Nephropathy market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers, and barriers, and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of IgA Nephropathy market trend of each marketed drug and early-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to view the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the IgA Nephropathy market in 7MM is expected to grow in the study period 2018–2030.
Treatment options, therefore, center on modulating downstream immune and inflammatory events in the glomerulus and tubulointerstitium. Many of the current treatment strategies are therefore generic to other forms of chronic glomerular diseases: renin–angiotensin blockade, reduction of proteinuria, and blood pressure (BP) control.
There is consensus that supportive treatment with renin–angiotensin blockade and tight BP control should be the initial treatment. But there remains a subset of patients with persistent proteinuria despite such supportive therapy who are at high risk for progressive disease. Here, there is still no consensus on whether corticosteroids or other immunosuppressive agents mitigate the risk of progression with acceptable toxicity.
This section includes a glimpse of the IgA Nephropathy market in 7MM.
IgA Nephropathy’s market size in the seven major markets was USD 109.3 million in 2020.
The United States Market Outlook
This section provides the total IgA Nephropathy market size and market size by therapies in the United States.
The United States accounts for the largest market size of IgA Nephropathy compared to the EU5 (the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain) and Japan.
EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
The total IgA Nephropathy market size and market size by therapies in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom are provided in this section.
Japan Market Outlook
The total IgA Nephropathy market Size and market Size by therapies in Japan are also mentioned.
IgA Nephropathy Drugs Uptake
This section focuses on the uptake of the potential drugs recently launched or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2018–2030. The analysis covers the IgA Nephropathy market uptake by drugs, patient uptake by therapies, and sales of each drug.
This helps understand the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs, and the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size, which will again be useful in investigating factors important in the market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
IgA Nephropathy Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into the therapeutic candidate in Phase I, II, and III stages. It also analyses IgA Nephropathy key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Major players include Calliditas Therapeutics AB, Travere Therapeutics Inc., Omeros Corporation, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, and others.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition, and merger, licensing, and patent details for IgA Nephropathy emerging therapies.
Reimbursement Scenario in IgA Nephropathy
Approaching reimbursement proactively can positively impact both during the early stages of product development and well after product launch. In the report, we consider reimbursement to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business and price strategy.
The high treatment costs, including chemo and other therapies, affect patients’ affordability and access to these treatment options. Reimbursement is a crucial factor that affects the drug’s access to the market. Often, the decision to reimburse comes down to the drug price relative to the benefit it produces in treated patients.
The disease advocacy groups working in the area of IgA Nephropathy helps patients with medical billing, insurance coverage, and reimbursement issues. Also, financial assistance is available from both governments and pharmaceutical companies to help people who cannot afford the cost of their medications.
A cost analysis was used by Durand-Zaleski et al. (1996) to evaluate three possible immunoglobulin (IgG) treatment protocols for end-stage renal disease due to IgA Nephropathy. The perspective chosen for the cost analysis was that of the health care delivery system. The baseline strategy was the absence of IgG treatment, and alternative strategies corresponded to three protocols presently on trial: all three included a high initial dose of intravenous IgG. Protocol 1 followed intramuscular IgG injections only, protocol 2 with intramuscular plus intravenous injections, and protocol 3 with intravenous injections. The costs of treatment included the costs of immunoglobulins, outpatient hospital costs, and the costs of tests; the savings (costs averted) resulted from kidney dialysis averted. The bottom line for the healthcare system is a net savings of USD 233,000, USD 213,000, or USD 83,000, depending on the protocol chosen. The computation of costs did not value physical and psychological health benefits.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SMEs’ opinions working in the IgA Nephropathy domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or IgA Nephropathy market trends. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform a Competitive and Market Intelligence analysis of the IgA Nephropathy Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools: SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of IgA Nephropathy, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, physiology, and currently available therapies.
- Comprehensive insight is provided into the IgA Nephropathy epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM.
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for IgA Nephropathy is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will impact the current treatment landscape.
- A detailed review of the IgA Nephropathy market, historical and forecasted, is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM.
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the global IgA Nephropathy market.
- In the coming years, the IgA Nephropathy market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease and the favorable environment for new anti-infective modalities, which would expand the market’s size to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence IgA Nephropathy R&D. The therapies under development focus on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for IgA Nephropathy. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the IgA Nephropathy market.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase I, II, and III), different emerging trends, and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, and launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
IgA Nephropathy Report Insights
- Patient Population
- Therapeutic Approaches
- IgA Nephropathy Pipeline Analysis
- IgA Nephropathy Market Size and Trends
- Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Therapies
IgA Nephropathy Report Key Strengths
- 10-year Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- IgA Nephropathy Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Competitors
- Highly Analyzed Market
- Drugs Uptake
IgA Nephropathy Report Assessment
- Current Treatment Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Market Attractiveness
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- What was the IgA Nephropathy Market share (%) distribution in 2018, and how would it look like in 2030?
- What would be the IgA Nephropathy total market size and market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
- What are the key findings of the market across 7MM, and which country will have the largest IgA Nephropathy market Size during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
- At what CAGR, the IgA Nephropathy market in the 7MM is expected to grow during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
- What would the IgA Nephropathy market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2018–2030) be?
- What would be the IgA Nephropathy market growth till 2030, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
- How would the market drivers, barriers, and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What are the disease risk, burden, and unmet needs of IgA Nephropathy?
- What is the historical IgA Nephropathy patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of IgA Nephropathy in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM concerning the patient population about IgA Nephropathy?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the largest incident population of IgA Nephropathy during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
- At what CAGR is the population in the 7MM expected to grow during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for the treatment of IgA Nephropathy along with the approved therapy?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for treating IgA Nephropathy in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
- What are the IgA Nephropathy marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety, and efficacy, etc.?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of IgA Nephropathy?
- How many therapies are developed by each company for the treatment of IgA Nephropathy?
- How many emerging therapies are in the mid-stage and late stages of development to treat IgA Nephropathy?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to IgA Nephropathy therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action, and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for IgA Nephropathy and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for IgA Nephropathy?
- What are the global historical and forecasted markets of IgA Nephropathy?
Reasons to buy
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the IgA Nephropathy market.
- To understand the future market competition in the IgA Nephropathy market and an Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for IgA Nephropathy in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
- Identifying strong upcoming players in the market will help devise strategies that will help get ahead of competitors.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for the IgA Nephropathy market.
- To understand the future market competition in the IgA Nephropathy market.