Lamellar Ichthyosis Epidemiology
DelveInsight’s ‘Lamellar Ichthyosis (LI)- Epidemiology Forecast to 2030’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted Lamellar Ichthyosis epidemiology in the 7MM, i.e., the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
• The United States
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017–2030
Total Prevalent cases of Lamellar Ichthyosis in the 7MM was assessed to be 4,038 in 2017, and are expected to increase during the study period. Furthermore, among the European-5 countries, the Germany had highest diagnosed prevalent population of Lamellar Ichthyosis, followed by France and the United Kingdom. On the other hand, Spain had the lowest diagnosed prevalent population of Lamellar Ichthyosis. In addition to this, Japan accounts for the 16% of the 7MM patient population of Lamellar Ichthyosis.
Lamellar Ichthyosis (LI) Understanding
Ichthyosis is the term used to define repetitive and widespread scaling of the skin. It may be inherited (genetic) or acquired during the lifespan.The inherited forms are rare, usually present from infancy, and generally lifelong situations. Acquired Ichthyosis can progress at any age due to several medical problems, such as kidney disease. The most common forms of inherited Ichthyosis are mild, and it might improve during warm climate. There are many very rare conditions where Ichthyosis occurs with problems in other systems of the body. Inherited Ichthyosis is due to a single genetic trait that is passed on either from one or both parents or develops as a new error in the gene very early in fetal life. It can be mild as with Ichthyosis Vulgaris, or severe.
Lamellar Ichthyosis is a rare genetic disorder, where skin cells are produced at a normal rate, but they do not separate normally at the surface of the outermost layer of skin and are not shed as quickly as they should be which lead to the formation of scale.
The signs and symptoms of Lamellar Ichthyosis differ from individual to individual. Some have mild signs and symptoms, while for others it might be severe. It is mainly caused by the mutations affecting several different genes, the genes which mainly involved in Lamellar Ichthyosis include TGM1, ABCA12, CYP4F22, NIPAL4 and others like LIPN, ALOX12B. However, most of the cases (~90%) are caused due to mutation in the TGM1 gene.
Mutations in Lamellar Ichthyosis commonly transmitted through autosomal recessive inheritance. Individuals must inherit two recessive genes for Lamellar Ichthyosis to show the disease, one from each parent. Also, the diagnosis of a genetic or rare disease can often be puzzling. Healthcare specialists usually look at an individuals’ medical history, symptoms, physical exam, and laboratory test results to make a diagnosis. The patient’s history includes thorough family history.
The diagnosis of Lamellar Ichthyosis is mainly done skin biopsy for histological analysis, electron microscopy, DNA sequencing analysis and immunohistochemical analysis and Ultrasonography.
Epidemiology Perspective by DelveInsight
The Lamellar Ichthyosis epidemiology division provides the insights about historical and current patient pool and forecasted trend for each seven major countries. The Lamellar Ichthyosis epidemiology data are studied through Lamellar Ichthyosis possible division to give a better understanding of the Disease scenario in the 7MM.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Lamellar Ichthyosis epidemiology [segmented as Total Prevalent Cases of Lamellar Ichthyosis, Total Diagnosed Cases of Lamellar Ichthyosis, Genetic Mutation-Specific Cases of Lamellar Ichthyosis, Severity-Specific Cases of Lamellar Ichthyosis, and Total Treated Cases of Lamellar Ichthyosis] scenario of Lamellar Ichthyosis in the 7MM covering United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy , Spain, and United Kingdom), and Japan from 2017 to 2030.
Lamellar Ichthyosis Detailed Epidemiology Segmentation
• The total prevalent cases of Lamellar Ichthyosis in the 7MM were found to be 4,038 in 2017 which is expected grow during the study period, i.e., 2017–2030.
• Estimates show the highest prevalent population of Lamellar Ichthyosis is in the United States followed by Japan, Germany, France, and the United Kingdom in the year 2017.
• The total diagnosed prevalent population of Lamellar Ichthyosis in the 7MM was assessed to be 2,019 in 2017 which is expected to increase during the study period.
• As per the DelveInsight analysis, the genetic mutation-specific cases of Lamellar Ichthyosis in the 7MM for TGM1 estimated to be 1,817 for the year 2017. These cases are estimated to increase in upcoming years.
• The severity-specific cases of Lamellar Ichthyosis in the 7MM for mild and moderate-to-severe cases estimated to be 686 and 1,332, respectively, in 2017.
Scope of the Report
• The Lamellar Ichthyosis report covers a detailed overview explaining its causes, symptoms, classification, pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment patterns
• The Lamellar Ichthyosis Report and Model provide an overview of the risk factors and global trends of Lamellar Ichthyosis in the seven major markets (7MM: US, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom, and Japan)
• The report provides insight about the historical and forecasted patient pool of Lamellar Ichthyosis in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and Japan
• The report helps to recognize the growth opportunities in the 7MM with respect to the patient population
• The report assesses the disease risk and burden and highlights the unmet needs of Lamellar Ichthyosis
• The report provides the segmentation of the Lamellar Ichthyosis epidemiology by Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Lamellar Ichthyosis in the 7MM
• The report provides the segmentation of the Lamellar Ichthyosis epidemiology by Genetic Mutation-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Lamellar Ichthyosis in the 7MM
• The report provides the segmentation of the Lamellar Ichthyosis epidemiology by Severity- specific Diagnosed Prevalent of Lamellar Ichthyosis in the 7MM
• The report provides the segmentation of the Lamellar Ichthyosis epidemiology by Treated Patient Pool of Lamellar Ichthyosis in the 7MM
• 11-Year Forecast of Lamellar Ichthyosis epidemiology
• 7MM Coverage
• Total Prevalent Cases of Lamellar Ichthyosis
• Prevalent Cases according to segmentation: Genetic Mutation-specific, Severity-specific Prevalence
• Treated cases of Lamellar Ichthyosis
We interview, KOLs and SME's opinion through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. The opinion helps to understand the total patient population and current treatment pattern. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the over Lamellar Ichthyosis scenario of the indications.
Key Questions Answered
• What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to Lamellar Ichthyosis?
• What are the key findings pertaining to the Lamellar Ichthyosis epidemiology across the 7MM and which country will have the highest number of patients during the study period (2017–2030)?
• What would be the total number of patients of Lamellar Ichthyosis across the 7MM during the study period (2017–2030)?
• Among the EU5 countries, which country will have the highest number of patients during the study period (2017–2030)?
• At what CAGR the patient population is expected to grow in the 7MM during the study period (2017–2030)?
• What are the various recent and upcoming events which are expected to improve the diagnosis of Lamellar Ichthyosis?
• What are the different types of genetic mutations in Lamellar Ichthyosis? And among them, which are more prominent in Lamellar Ichthyosis patients?
• What proportion of Lamellar Ichthyosis patients are suffering from moderate to severe symptoms?
Reasons to buy
The Lamellar Ichthyosis Epidemiology report will allow the user to -
• Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Lamellar Ichthyosis market
• Quantify patient populations in the global Lamellar Ichthyosis market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans
• Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for Lamellar Ichthyosis therapeutics in each of the markets covered
• Understand the magnitude of Lamellar Ichthyosis population by its severity
• The Lamellar Ichthyosis epidemiology report and model were written and developed by Masters and PhD level epidemiologists
• The Lamellar Ichthyosis Epidemiology Model developed by DelveInsight is easy to navigate, interactive with dashboards, and epidemiology based with transparent and consistent methodologies. Moreover, the model supports data presented in the report and showcases disease trends over 11-year forecast period using reputable sources
• Patient Segmentation
• Disease Risk and Burden
• Risk of disease by the segmentation
• Factors driving growth in a specific patient population