Medical Marijuana Market
“Medical Marijuana – Competitive Intelligence Analysis, 2019” report by DelveInsight outlays comprehensive insights of present scenario and growth prospects across Medical Marijuana industry. A detailed picture of the competitive landscape is provided with summation of data from multiple sources with complete analysis of companies, patents, pipeline products, competitive benchmarking and therapeutic assessment of clinical products.
The fast development of the cannabis and its expanding appropriation over the therapeutic application has grabbed the eye of a large group of industry verticals running from pharmaceuticals to land and preparing ventures to advisory and consultancy administrations. While cannabis cultivators and producers are the most critical piece of the cannabis ecosystem, revenue comes significantly from Pharmaceutical organizations. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not recognized or approved the marijuana plant as medicine. However, the scientific study of the chemicals in marijuana, called cannabinoids, has led to some FDA-approved medications that contain cannabinoid chemicals in pill form. Continued research may lead to the approval of more medications.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom)
Products covered by Phase
Overview of companies in medical marijuana arena
The report covers 12+ companies working in this domain, such as GW Pharmaceuticals, Canopy Growth Corporation, Aurora Cannabis, Auxly Cannabis Group and others. GW Pharmaceuticals has two medical marijuana products in the market; Epidiolex and Sativex. Epidiolex (cannabidiol) oral solution is the first FDA-approved drug that contains a purified drug substance derived from marijuana. It is also the first FDA approval of a drug for the treatment of patients with Dravet syndrome.
The company profiles include but are not limited to business overview, products, and latest development activities focusing on collaborations and licensing deals, partnerships and agreements, acquisitions, product launches, awards and grants, and other latest developments.
Overview of pipeline analysis for medical marijuana
Pipeline analysis of therapeutic drugs include but are not limited to brief drug description and product profile focusing on molecule type, phase of clinical development, drug developer, indication, and route of administration. Most pipeline products have oral route of administration and maximum clinical trials are focused on treatment of neuropathic pain.
Therapeutic segmentation of products for medical marijuana
- By Phase
- By Indication
- By Route of administration
Key Market Drivers
- Growing legalization of medical marijuana
- Rising research and development activities
- Increasing ageing population
The report comprises of comparative pipeline therapeutics assessment by development phase, indication, and route of administration. There are various products in late stages of development which point towards a hopeful future in terms of products approvals. Neuropathic pain has been the most sought after indication for clinical trials, followed by spasticity in patients with multiple sclerosis, cancer pain, and others.
Data used in the report are sourced primarily from internal databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by DelveInsight’s team of industry experts.
Information and data from the secondary sources have been obtained from various printable and non-printable sources like search engines, news websites, global regulatory authorities websites, trade journals, white papers, magazines, books, trade associations, industry associations, industry portals and access to available databases.
Data gathered from secondary sources has been validated through primary research methods, such as questionnaires and surveys by contacting industry experts and key opinion leaders (KOLs).
Scope of the report
- Provides an overview of therapeutic pipeline activity for medical marijuana across the clinical product development cycle including phase I, phase II and phase III stages.
- It comprises of detailed profiles of companies active in medical marijuana arena with key coverage of business overview, products, and latest development activities focusing on collaborations and licensing deals, partnerships and agreements, acquisitions, product launches, awards and grants, and other latest developments.
- It comprises of analysis of medical marijuana pipeline products with key coverage of brief drug description and product profile focusing on molecule type, phase of clinical development, drug developer, indication, and route of administration.
- Therapeutic assessment of the active pipeline products by stage, indication, and route of administration.
- Provides information about drivers, barriers and opportunities that are shaping the medical marijuana market.
- Covers CI analysis consisting of comprehensive SWOT and PESTEL analysis.
- Provides list of “Medical Marijuana” patents filed in the last five years.
- Presents comments of experts and latest updated in the medical marijuana field, including industry updates, product launches, and scientific intelligence.
- With the growing legalization of medical marijuana, more and more companies are investing in clinical trials with marijuana and its extracts to treat variety of indications.
- The recent USFDA and European Commission Approval of Epidiolex, a plant-derived cannabidiol has contributed to overall growth of the medical marijuana industry.
- The market is expected to witness a series of new product approvals in the near future.
Medical Marijuana Report Assessment
- Company Profiling
- Pipeline Analysis
- CI Analysis (SWOT analysis and PESTEL analysis)
- Market Dynamics (Drivers, Opportunities, and Barriers)
- Patent Overview
- Latest updates
- Expert comments
- What are the key players in the medical marijuana market?
- What are the key products in the medical marijuana pipeline?
- What are the latest updates in the medical marijuana market?
- What are the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats in the medical marijuana industry?
- How would the current political, economic, social, technological, environmental, and legal factors affect the medical marijuana industry?
- How would the market drivers, barriers and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and a subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
Reasons to Buy
- Establish a comprehensive understanding of the current market scenario across medical marijuana industry to formulate effective R&D strategies
- Assess challenges and opportunities that influence medical marijuana industry
- To understand the future market competition in the medical marijuana market and insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Gather impartial perspective of strategies of the emerging competitors having potentially lucrative portfolio in this space and create effective counter strategies to gain competitive advantage
- To understand the future market competition in the Medical Marijuana market
- Devise in licensing and out licensing strategies by identifying prospective partners with progressing projects for medical marijuana to enhance and expand business potential and scope
- Our extensive domain knowledge supports the client in decision-making process regarding their product portfolio and strategic business plans
1.1. Marijuana Forms
1.2. Mechanism of Action
1.3. Categories of Marijuana
1.4. Health Benefits of Medical Marijuana
1.5. Cannabinoids as Medicine
1.6. THC vs. CBD
1.7. Therapeutic Applications of Medical Marijuana
1.8. Toxic Effects of Marijuana
2. Legality of Medical Marijuana
3. Market Dynamics
3.1. Market Drivers
3.2. Market Opportunities
3.3. Market Barriers
4. CI Analysis
4.1. SWOT Analysis
4.2. PESTEL Analysis
5. Market Scenario
6. Company Profiling
6.1. Canopy Growth Corporation
6.2. Aurora Cannabis
6.3. Auxly Cannabis Group
6.4. OrganiGram Holdings
6.5. Cronos Group
6.6. GW Pharmaceuticals
6.8. Terra Tech Corp
6.9. Mary's Medicinals
6.10. Papa & Barkley
6.11. CannTrust Holdings
7. Competitive Benchmarking
8. Therapeutic Assessment: Clinical Products
8.1. Assessment by Stage
8.2. Assessment by Indication
8.3. Assessment by Stage and Indication
8.4. Assessment by Route of Administration
8.5. Assessment by Stage and Route of Administration
9. Pipeline Analysis
9.1. Caumz (PPP011): Tetra Bio-Pharma
9.1.1. Drug Description
9.1.2. Product Profile
9.2. Medical Cannabis: MedReleaf
9.2.1. Drug Description
9.2.2. Product Profile
9.3. Lenabasum: Corbus Pharmaceuticals
9.3.1. Drug Description
9.3.2. Product Profile
9.4. BX-1: Bionorica SE
9.4.1. Drug Description
9.4.2. Product Profile
9.5. Cannabis oil: TO Pharmaceuticals
9.5.1. Drug Description
9.5.2. Product Profile
9.6. THX-110: Therapix Biosciences
9.6.1. Drug Description
9.6.2. Product Profile
9.7. Olorinab: Arena Pharmaceuticals
9.7.1. Drug Description
9.7.2. Product Profile
9.8. VSN16R: Canbex Therapeutics
9.8.1. Drug Description
9.8.2. Product Profile
9.9. Dronabinol: Daisy Pharma Opioid Venture
9.9.1. Drug Description
9.9.2. Product Profile
9.10. TN-TC11G: Tilray
9.10.1. Drug Description
9.10.2. Product Profile
9.11. OWCP: One World Cannabis Ltd.
9.11.1. Drug Description
9.11.2. Product Profile
9.12. OWC MGC cream: One World Cannabis Ltd.
9.12.1. Drug Description
9.12.2. Product Profile
9.13. CNTX-6016: Centrexion Therapeutics
9.14. Drug Description
9.15. Product Profile
10. Approved Drugs
10.1. Epidiolex: GW Pharmaceuticals
10.1.1. Drug Description
10.1.2. Regulatory Milestones
10.1.3. Clinical Development
10.1.4. Clinical Trials Information
10.1.5. Safety and Efficacy
10.1.6. Product Profile
10.2. Sativex: GW Pharmaceuticals
10.2.1. Drug Description
10.2.2. Regulatory Milestones
10.2.3. Clinical Development
10.2.4. Clinical Trials Information
10.2.5. Safety and Efficacy
10.2.6. Product Profile
10.3. Cesamet: Valeant Pharmaceuticals
10.3.1. Drug Description
10.3.2. Regulatory Milestones
10.3.3. Clinical Development
10.3.4. Product Profile
10.4. Marinol: Abbvie
10.4.1. Drug Description
10.4.2. Regulatory Milestones
10.4.3. Clinical Development
10.4.4. Product Profile
10.5. Syndros: Insys Therapeutics
10.5.1. Drug Description
10.5.2. Regulatory Milestones
10.5.3. Clinical Development
10.5.4. Clinical Trials Information
10.5.5. Safety and Efficacy
10.5.6. Product Profile
11. Patent Overview
11.1. Axim Biotechnologies
11.2. India Globalization Capital
11.3. Exzell Pharma
11.4. One World Cannabis
12. Latest Updates
13. Experts Comments
Table 1 Medical Marijuana Legality in various countries
Table 2 Benchmarking of top companies
Table 3 Assessment by Stage
Table 4 Assessment by Indication
Table 5 Assessment by Route of Administration
Table 6 Medical Marijuana Pipeline
Table 7 Caumz – Product Profile, 2019
Table 8 Medical cannabis – Product Profile, 2019
Table 9 Lenabasum – Product Profile, 2019
Table 10 BX-1– Product Profile, 2019
Table 11 Cannabis Oil – Product Profile, 2019
Table 12 THX-110 – Product Profile, 2019
Table 13 Olorinab – Product Profile, 2019
Table 14 VSN16R – Product Profile, 2019
Table 15 Dronabinol – Product Profile, 2019
Table 16 TN-TC11G – Product Profile, 2019
Table 17 OWCP – Product Profile, 2019
Table 18 TN-TC11G – Product Profile, 2019
Table 19 CNTX-6016 – Product Profile, 2019
Table 20 Medical Marijuana Approved Drugs
Table 21 Clinical Trial Description – Epidiolex
Table 22 Safety and Efficacy Results – Epidiolex
Table 23 Product Profile – Epidiolex
Table 24 Clinical Trial Description – Sativex
Table 25 Safety and Efficacy Results – Sativex
Table 26 Product Profile – Sativex
Table 27 Product Profile – Cesamet
Table 28 Product Profile – Epidiolex
Table 29 Clinical Trial Description – Syndros
Table 30 Safety and Efficacy Results – Syndros
Table 31 Product Profile – Syndros
Table 32 List of Medical Marijuana Patents
Figure 1: The Endocannabinoid System (ECS)
Figure 2: Endocannabinoid System mechanism
Figure 3: Cannabis indica vs. Cannabis sativa
Figure 4: Structure of Cannabinoid and Tetrahydrocannabinoid
Figure 5: Assessment by Stage
Figure 6: Assessment by Indication
Figure 7: Assessment by Stage and Indication
Figure 8: Assessment by Route of Administration
Figure 9: Assessment by Stage and Route of Administration
- GW Pharmaceuticals
- Canopy Growth Corporation
- Aurora Cannabis
- Auxly Cannabis Group
- And Many Others