Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Market
DelveInsight's "Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032" report delivers an in-depth understanding of the mCRC, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the mCRC market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Metastatic Colorectal Cancer market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Metastatic Colorectal Cancer market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Metastatic Colorectal Cancer market Size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Metastatic Colorectal Cancer treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and Metastatic Colorectal Cancer unmet needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2019-2032
Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Market: Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
The DelveInsight’s Metastatic Colorectal Cancer market report gives a thorough understanding of Colorectal cancer (CRC) is the third most common, with metastasis being the major cause of death in the majority of patients. CRC starts in the colon or the rectum. These cancers can also be called colon cancer or rectal cancer, depending on where they start. Colon cancer and rectal cancer are often grouped because they have many features in common. CRC may develop when polyps, mushroom-like growths inside the colon, grow and become cancerous or cells along the lining of the colon or rectum mutate and grow out of control, forming a tumor.
CRC that spreads, or metastasizes, to the lungs, liver, or any other organ is called metastatic colorectal cancer. The most common site of metastases for colon or rectal cancer in the liver. CRC cells may also spread to the lungs, bones, brain, or spinal cord. If a person has been treated for CRC and cancer cells have been found in these areas, it may be a sign that the original CRC has spread. mCRC is different from recurrent CRC.
Generally, most CRCs (95%) are considered sporadic, meaning the genetic changes develop by chance after a person is born, so there is no risk of passing these genetic changes on to one’s children. Inherited CRCs are less common (5%) and occur when gene mutations, or changes, are passed within a family from one generation to the next. Often, the cause of CRC is not known.
Most CRCs start as a growth on the inner lining of the colon or rectum. These growths are called polyps. Some types of polyps can change into cancer over time (usually many years), but not all polyps become cancer. The chance of a polyp turning into cancer depends on the type of polyp it is.
If cancer forms in a polyp, it can grow into the wall of the colon or rectum over time. The wall of the colon and rectum is made up of many layers. CRC starts in the innermost layer (the mucosa) and can grow outward through some or all of the other layers. When cancer cells are in the wall, they can then grow into blood vessels or lymph vessels (tiny channels that carry away waste and fluid). From there, they can travel to nearby lymph nodes or distant parts of the body. The stage (extent of spread) of a CRC depends on how deeply it grows into the wall and if it has spread outside the colon or rectum.
Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Diagnosis
The first and foremost step in evaluating, approximately one-fifth of CRC cases are metastatic at the time of diagnosis. Patients can present with a wide range of signs and symptoms such as occult or overt rectal bleeding, change in bowel habits, anemia, or abdominal pain. However, CRC is largely an asymptomatic disease until it reaches an advanced stage. By contrast, rectal bleeding is a common symptom of both benign and malignant causes. Therefore additional risk factors might be needed to help identify those people who should undergo further investigation by colonoscopy. New-onset rectal bleeding should generally prompt colonoscopy in individuals aged 45 years or older. In younger patients, additional factors are used to identify those at highest risk for CRC (e.g., having a family history of CRC, change in bowel habits, unexplained weight loss, and blood mixed with the stool as opposed to blood on the surface of the stool).
Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Treatment
The goals of treatment Metastatic CRC is still an incurable disease for most of the patients, with most commonly liver, lung, or lymph nodes and peritoneal metastases. In the past, 15 years ago, median overall survival (MOS) was approximately 12 months, and the 5-year survival rate was 13%. However, the survival rate of these patients has increased, mainly due to the combined treatment of metastases with surgery and systemic therapy. Long-term survival or even cure can be attained in 20–50% of the patients who undergo complete R0 resection of liver or lung metastases, and around 70% 5-year survival of these patients can be achieved.
However, in the field of systemic therapy, there has been significant progress with new drugs in recent years. There are more options of initial systemic chemotherapy, oxaliplatin, irinotecan, and fluoropyrimidines, in combination with targeted therapy with anti-epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) monoclonal antibodies (cetuximab, panitumumab) in case of KRAS wild type tumors or anti-vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) inhibitors (monoclonal antibodies bevacizumab, aflibercept, ramucirumab, regorafenib as peroral tyrosine kinase inhibitor). The combination of these novel chemotherapies and targeted therapy now extends the mOS up to 40 months.
The treatment plan may include a combination of surgery, radiation therapy, immunotherapy, and chemotherapy, which can be used to slow the spread of the disease and often temporarily shrink a cancerous tumor. Palliative care will also be important to help relieve symptoms and side effects. At this stage, surgery to remove the portion of the colon where cancer started usually cannot cure cancer, but it can help relieve the blockage of the colon or other problems related to cancer. Surgery may also be used to remove parts of other organs that contain cancer, called resection, and can cure some people if a limited amount of cancer spreads to a single organ, such as the liver or a lung. If the CRC has spread only to the liver and if surgery is possible—either before or after chemotherapy—there is a chance of complete cure. Even when curing the cancer is not possible, surgery may add months or even years to a person’s life.
Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Epidemiology
The Metastatic Colorectal Cancer epidemiology section provides insights about historical and current Metastatic Colorectal Cancer patient pool and forecasted trends for individual seven major countries. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
In the year 2021, the total incident cases of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer were 241,115 cases in the 7MM which are expected to grow during the study period, i.e., 2019–2032.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Metastatic Colorectal Cancer epidemiology [segmented as Total Incident Cases of CRC and Total incident Cases of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer in the 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan from 2019 to 2032.
Country Wise- Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the mCRC epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Drug Chapters
The drug chapter segment of the Metastatic Colorectal Cancer report encloses a detailed analysis of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer marketed drugs and late-stage (Phase-III and Phase-II) Metastatic Colorectal Cancer pipeline drugs. It also helps to understand the Metastatic Colorectal Cancer clinical trials details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Emerging Drugs
The report provides the details of the emerging therapies under the late and mid-stage of development for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer treatment.
Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Market Outlook
The Metastatic Colorectal Cancer market outlook of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted Metastatic Colorectal Cancer market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, Metastatic Colorectal Cancer unmet needs, drivers, barriers, and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria's, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the Metastatic Colorectal Cancer market in 7MM is expected to witness a major change in the study period 2019-2032.
The Metastatic Colorectal Cancer market size in the 7MM is expected to change during the study period 2019–2032. The therapeutic market of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer in the seven major markets is expected to increase during the study period (2019–2032). In 2021, the total market size of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer was USD 12,613.9 million which is expected to rise during the study period (2019–2032).
The United States Market Outlook
The total market size of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer in the United States accounted for USD 5,155.1 million in 2021 which is expected to rise during the study period (2019–2032).
EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
In EU5, the total market size of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer was USD 4,618.5 million in 2021, which is expected to rise during the study period (2019–2032).
Japan Market Outlook
In Japan, the total market size of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer was USD 2,840.4 million in 2021, which is expected to rise during the study period (2019–2032).
Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Drugs Uptake
This section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential metastatic colorectal cancer drugs recently launched in the Metastatic Colorectal Cancer market or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2019-2032. The analysis covers Metastatic Colorectal Cancer market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs, and allows the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size which again will be useful in investigating factors important in market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Pipeline Development Activities
The metastatic colorectal cancer pipeline report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in Phase II, and Phase III stages. It also analyses Metastatic Colorectal Cancer companies involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers detailed information on collaborations, acquisition, and merger, licensing patent details, and other information for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer emerging therapies.
Reimbursement Scenario in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
Approaching reimbursement proactively can have a positive impact both during the late stages of product development and well after product launch. In a report, we consider reimbursement to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business and price strategy.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SMEs ' opinions working in the Metastatic Colorectal Cancer domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or mCRC market trends. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the Metastatic Colorectal Cancer unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform Competitively and Market Intelligence analysis of the mCRC Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools that include - SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter's five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
2019 to 2032
2023 to 2032
|USD 12,613.9 Million in 2021|
Key Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Companies
Merck, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), Array BioPharma/ Pfizer + Pfizer, Eli Lilly, Taiho Oncology, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Amgen, Mirati Therapeutics + Merck, Hutchison Medipharma, G1 Therapeutics, Amgen, AB Science, Incyte Corporation, Daiichi Sankyo/AstraZeneca, Merck/Janssen, Cardiff oncology, EpicentRx, Merck/Eisai, Seagen + Roche, NeoImmuneTech (Genexine) + Merck, Black Diamond Therapeutics, Gilead Sciences + Eli Lilly and Company, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research + Targovax ASA, and others.
Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Market Report Scope
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Metastatic Colorectal Cancer epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer are provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of the Metastatic Colorectal Cancer market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The Patient-Based Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Market Forecasting report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Metastatic Colorectal Cancer market
Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Market Report Highlights
- In the coming years, the Metastatic Colorectal Cancer market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
- The Metastatic Colorectal Cancer companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Metastatic Colorectal Cancer R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
- Metastatic Colorectal Cancer companies are involved in developing therapies for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Metastatic Colorectal Cancer market
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends, and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed Metastatic Colorectal Cancer clinical trials profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Report Insights
- Patient-Based Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Market Forecasting
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Pipeline Analysis
- Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Market Size and Trends
- Market Opportunities
- Impact of Upcoming Therapies
Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Report Key Strengths
- 10 Years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Cross Competition
- Highly Analyzed Market
- Drugs Uptake
Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Report Assessment
- Current Treatment Practices
- Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Unmet Needs
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Market Attractiveness
- Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Market Drivers
- Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Market Barriers
- What was the Metastatic Colorectal Cancer drug class share (%) distribution in 2019 and how it would look like in 2032?
- What would be the Metastatic Colorectal Cancer total market size as well as market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2023-2032)?
- What are the key findings of the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest Metastatic Colorectal Cancer market size during the forecast period (2023-2032)?
- At what CAGR, the Metastatic Colorectal Cancer market is expected to grow by 7MM during the forecast period (2023-2032)?
- What would be the Metastatic Colorectal Cancer market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2023-2032)?
- What would be the Metastatic Colorectal Cancer market growth till 2032, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2032?
- How would the unmet needs affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What are the disease risk, burden, and regional/ethnic differences of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer?
- What are the key factors driving the epidemiology trend for seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What is the historical Metastatic Colorectal Cancer patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- Where will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM concerning the patient population about Metastatic Colorectal Cancer ?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the highest prevalent population of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer during the forecast period (2023-2032)?
- At what CAGR the patient population is expected to grow by 7MM during the forecast period (2023-2032)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for the Metastatic Colorectal Cancertreatment in addition to the approved therapies?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of mCRC in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
- What are the mCRC marketed drugs and their respective MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety, efficacy, etc.?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of mCRC?
- How many therapies are in-development by each company for mCRC treatment?
- How many are emerging therapies in mid-stage, and late stage of development for mCRC treatment?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry - Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Metastatic Colorectal Cancer therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action, and technologies being developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for mCRC and their status?
- What are the current challenges faced in drug development?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for mCRC?
- What are the global historical and forecasted markets of mCRC?
Reasons to buy
- The Patient-Based Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Market Forecasting report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the mCRC market.
- To understand the future market competition in the mCRC market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for mCRC in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for the mCRC market
- To understand the future market competition in the mCRC market