Multiple System Atrophy Msa Pipeline Insight
DelveInsight’s, “Multiple System Atrophy - Pipeline Insight, 2023,” report provides comprehensive insights about 20+ companies and 20+ pipeline drugs in Multiple System Atrophy pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
- Global coverage
Multiple System Atrophy Understanding
Multiple System Atrophy: Overview
Multiple System Atrophy (MSA) is a rare neurodegenerative disorder that can cause a multitude of symptoms in any combination including impairments to balance, difficulty with movement, poor coordination, bladder dysfunction, sleep disturbances and poor blood pressure control. The disease was first known as Shy-Drager Syndrome. Currently, it is believed that MSA is “sporadic,” meaning that there are no established genetic or environmental factors that cause the disease. A few reports have described families with MSA, but this finding is probably very rare. Most often, the first clinical symptom a patient will note will be lightheadedness, dizziness, and episodes of passing out, but the first symptoms in some patients may include difficulty initiating movement, body stiffness, urinary incontinence, and increased falls. The autonomic nervous system is essential for controlling blood pressure, body temperature, digestion, urination, and sexual function, so MSA is largely a disease that impairs the autonomic nervous system. However, some patients don’t seem to have severe autonomic symptoms, thus emphasizing the range of symptoms from person to person. There is no specific treatment for MSA. Treatment is aimed at controlling the symptoms of the disease. Drugs that are used to treat people with Parkinson’s disease, most notably levodopa (given in tablets of Sinemet), may also be prescribed for individuals with MSA.
"Multiple System Atrophy - Pipeline Insight, 2023" report by DelveInsight outlays comprehensive insights of present scenario and growth prospects across the indication. A detailed picture of the Multiple System Atrophy pipeline landscape is provided which includes the disease overview and Multiple System Atrophy treatment guidelines. The assessment part of the report embraces, in depth Multiple System Atrophy commercial assessment and clinical assessment of the pipeline products under development. In the report, detailed description of the drug is given which includes mechanism of action of the drug, clinical studies, NDA approvals (if any), and product development activities comprising the technology, Multiple System Atrophy collaborations, licensing, mergers and acquisition, funding, designations and other product related details.
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis contributing to the development of novel therapeutics for Multiple System Atrophy.
- In the coming years, the Multiple System Atrophy market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
- The companies and academics that are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Multiple System Atrophy R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
- A detailed portfolio of major pharma players who are involved in fueling the Multiple System Atrophy treatment market. Several potential therapies for Multiple System Atrophy are under investigation. With the expected launch of these emerging therapies, it is expected that there will be a significant impact on the Multiple System Atrophy market size in the coming years.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets (in early-stage, mid-stage and late stage of development for the treatment of Multiple System Atrophy) includes therapeutic assessment and comparative analysis. This will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
Multiple System Atrophy Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Multiple System Atrophy report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Multiple System Atrophy Emerging Drugs
Verdiperstat: Biohaven Pharmaceuticals
Verdiperstat is a first-in-class, potent, selective, brain-penetrant, irreversible myeloperoxidase (MPO) enzyme inhibitor. Clinical studies provide evidence that verdiperstat achieves peripheral target engagement (i.e., reduction of MPO specific activity in plasma) and central target engagement in the brain and offer proof of its mechanism of action (i.e., reduction of microglial activation and neuroinflammation). Currently, it is in Phase III stage of clinical trial evaluation to treat multiple system atrophy.
Lu AF82422: Lundbeck A/S
Lu AF82422 is a monoclonal antibody (mAb) targeting alpha-synuclein. Misfolding, aggregation and extracellular spreading of alpha-synuclein is believed to play a major role in disease pathology and progression in Multiple System Atrophy (MSA), Parkinson’s disease and other neurodegenerative disorders. Currently, it is in Phase II stage of clinical trial evaluation to treat multiple system atrophy.
ATH434: Alterity Therapeutics
Alterity’s lead candidate, ATH434, is the first of a new generation of small molecules designed to inhibit the aggregation of pathological proteins implicated in neurodegeneration. ATH434 has been shown to reduce abnormal accumulation of α-synuclein and tau proteins in animal models of disease by restoring normal iron balance in the brain.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Multiple System Atrophy: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Multiple System Atrophy drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
Major Players in Multiple System Atrophy
There are approx. 20+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Multiple System Atrophy. The companies which have their Multiple System Atrophy drug candidates in the most advanced stage, i.e. phase III include, Biohaven Pharmaceuticals.
DelveInsight’s report covers around 20+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Late stage products (Phase III)
- Mid-stage products (Phase II)
- Early-stage product (Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
Route of Administration
Multiple System Atrophy pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
- Intravenous/ Subcutaneous
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
- Antisense oligonucleotides
- Monoclonal antibody
- Recombinant protein
- Small molecule
- Stem Cell
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
Multiple System Atrophy: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses Multiple System Atrophy therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging Multiple System Atrophy drugs.
Multiple System Atrophy Report Insights
- Multiple System Atrophy Pipeline Analysis
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Unmet Needs
- Impact of Drugs
Multiple System Atrophy Report Assessment
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Pipeline Assessment
- Inactive drugs assessment
- Unmet Needs
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
- How many companies are developing Multiple System Atrophy drugs?
- How many Multiple System Atrophy drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Multiple System Atrophy?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Multiple System Atrophy therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Multiple System Atrophy and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?