Persistent Epithelial Defect Market
DelveInsight’s ‘Persistent Epithelial Defect–Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast—2030’ report deliver an in-depth understanding of the Persistent Epithelial Defect, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Persistent Epithelial Defect market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted PED symptoms market size from 2018 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The report also covers current Persistent Epithelial Defect symptoms treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2018–2030
Persistent Epithelial Defect Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Persistent Epithelial Defect Overview
Persistent corneal epithelial defects (PEDs or PCEDs) result from the failure of rapid re-epithelialization and closure within 10-14 days after a corneal injury, even with standard supportive treatment. In recent years, PED awareness has increased with increased research activities from various spectrum of ophthalmology research. However, the actual frequency of PED is not known as of now, but some of the studies have estimated the frequency based on the causative occurrence of the disease with underlying conditions.
Some of the symptoms of PEDs are loss of corneal epithelial cells, delayed epithelialization post-injury, nonhealing epithelial defect, and others which can be commonly due to Epithelial/limbal, inflammatory disease, Neurotrophic, mechanical causes, and others
The multi-layered corneal epithelium acts as a protective barrier to infectious agents via tight junctions between neighboring cells, and it maintains its smooth optical surface by constantly regenerating cells in the basal cell layer. Disruptions in this protective layer can render the eye susceptible to infection, stromal ulceration, perforation, scarring, and decreased visual acuity.
Persistent Epithelial Defect Diagnosis and Treatment
It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies and diagnosis available in the Persistent Epithelial Defect market to treat the condition. It also provides country-wise treatment guidelines and algorithms across the United States, Europe, and Japan.
The DelveInsight Persistent Epithelial Defect market report gives a thorough understanding of PED symptoms by including disease definition, symptoms, causes, pathophysiology, and diagnosis. It also provides PED symptoms of treatment algorithms and treatment guidelines for PED symptoms in the US, Europe, and Japan.
Persistent Epithelial Defect Epidemiology
The epidemiology division’s Persistent Epithelial Defect symptoms provide insights about the historical and current patient pool and the forecasted trend for every seven major countries. It helps recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the DelveInsight report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Persistent Epithelial Defect epidemiology segmented as the Total Incident Cases of Persistent Epithelial Defect, Gender-specific incidence of Persistent Epithelial Defect, Etiology-specific incidence of Persistent Epithelial Defect. The report includes the incident PED scenario in 7MM, covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan from 2018 to 2030.
Country Wise- Persistent Epithelial Defect Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the Persistent Epithelial Defect epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
The total 7MM incident cases of Persistent Epithelial Defect were 241,452 in 2020.
Persistent Epithelial Defect Drug Chapters
The drug chapter segment of the Persistent Epithelial Defect report encloses the detailed analysis of PED marketed drugs and late stage (Phase-III and Phase-II) pipeline drugs. It also helps understand the Persistent Epithelial Defect clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
The first step in the management of any epithelial abnormality is to determine the etiology of the disease. Treatment of the underlying processes is necessary for local therapy to be successful, standard treatments, such as bandage contact lenses (BCLs) and artificial tears (ATs), aim to provide barrier protection to the epithelial layer. Current treatments of PCED are for lubrication, bandage soft contact lenses, punctual plugs, debridement, and tarsorrhaphy.
Products detail in the report…
Persistent Epithelial Defect Emerging Drugs
Nexagon (OcuNexus Therapeutics, Eyevance Pharmaceuticals) is a first-in-class natural, antisense therapy that downregulates the cell membrane hemichannel forming protein, connexin43 (Cx43). Targeting the gap junctions may prevent immune system responses that may lead to inflammatory cascade and promote the microvasculature and regeneration of corneal epithelium. Currently, the drug is under Phase II studies for PED.
Products detail in the report…
Persistent Epithelial Defect Market Outlook
The Persistent Epithelial Defect market outlook of the report helps build a detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted Persistent Epithelial Defect market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers, and demand of better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Persistent Epithelial Defect market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on an annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, Persistent Epithelial Defect market in 7MM is expected to change in the study period 2018–2030.
This section includes a glimpse of the Persistent Epithelial Defect market in 7MM. The market size of PED in the seven major markets was found to be USD 165.3 million in 2020, and the market is estimated to increase for the study period (2018–2030).
The United States Market Outlook
This section provides a total of Persistent Epithelial Defect market size and market size by therapies in the United States.
The United States accounts for the highest PED market size compared to the EU5 (the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain) and Japan.
EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
The total Persistent Epithelial Defect market size and market size by therapies in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom are provided in this section.
Japan Market Outlook
The total Persistent Epithelial Defect market size and market size by therapies in Japan are also mentioned.
Persistent Epithelial Defect Drugs Uptake
This section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2018–2030. The analysis covers Persistent Epithelial Defect market uptake by drugs, patient uptake by therapies, and drug sales.
This helps understand the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs, and the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size, which will again be useful in investigating factors important in the market uptake in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Persistent Epithelial Defect Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in Phase II and Phase III stage. It also analyses Persistent Epithelial Defect key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Major players include OcuNexus Therapeutics, Eyevance Pharmaceuticals, and Noveome Biotherapeutics are developing novel therapies to treat the underlying cause of the PED and others being assessed as potential therapies to be available in the market in the coming future.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition, and merger, licensing, and patent details for Persistent Epithelial Defect emerging therapies.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME’s opinion working Persistent Epithelial Defectdomain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinions help understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or Persistent Epithelial Defect market trends. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the market’s overall scenario and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform a Competitive and Market Intelligence analysis of the Persistent Epithelial Defect Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools: SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Persistent Epithelial Defect explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Persistent Epithelial Defect epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Persistent Epithelial Defect is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of Persistent Epithelial Defect market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Persistent Epithelial Defect market
- In the coming years, Persistent Epithelial Defect market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Persistent Epithelial Defect R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for PED. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Persistent Epithelial Defect market
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for PED.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends, and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Persistent Epithelial Defect Report Insights
- Patient Population
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Persistent Epithelial Defect Pipeline Analysis
- Persistent Epithelial Defect Market Size and Trends
- Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Therapies
Persistent Epithelial Defect Report Key Strengths
- 10 Years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Persistent Epithelial Defect Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Cross Competition
- Highly Analyzed Market
- Drugs Uptake
Persistent Epithelial Defect Report Assessment
- Current Treatment Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Market Attractiveness
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- What was the Persistent Epithelial Defect Market share (%) distribution in 2020, and how would it look in 2030?
- What would be the Persistent Epithelial Defect total market Size as well as market Size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2021–2030)?
- What are the market’s key findings across 7MM, and which country will have the largest Persistent Epithelial Defect market Size during the forecast period (2021–2030)?
- At what CAGR, the Persistent Epithelial Defect market is expected to grow by 7MM during the forecast period (2021–2030)?
- What would be the Persistent Epithelial Defect market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2021–2030)?
- What would be the Persistent Epithelial Defect market growth till 2030, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
- How would the market drivers, barriers, and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What are the disease risk, burden, and unmet needs of Persistent Epithelial Defect?
- What is the historical Persistent Epithelial Defect patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of Persistent Epithelial Defect in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM concerning the patient population about Persistent Epithelial Defect?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the highest incident Persistent Epithelial Defect population during the forecast period (2021–2030)?
- At what CAGR is the population expected to grow by 7MM during the forecast period (2021–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for the treatment of Persistent Epithelial Defect?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for treating Persistent Epithelial Defect in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
- What are the Persistent Epithelial Defect marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety, efficacy, etc.?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Persistent Epithelial Defect?
- How many therapies are developed by each company for the treatment of Persistent Epithelial Defect?
- How many emerging therapies are in the mid-stage and late development stages to treat Persistent Epithelial Defect?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Persistent Epithelial Defect therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action, and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Persistent Epithelial Defect and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for Persistent Epithelial Defect?
- What are the global historical and forecasted markets of Persistent Epithelial Defect?
Reasons to buy
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Persistent Epithelial Defect market
- To understand the future market competition in the Persistent Epithelial Defect market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Persistent Epithelial Defect in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Persistent Epithelial Defect market
- To understand the future market competition in the Persistent Epithelial Defect market