Progressive Supranuclear Palsy Pipeline Insight
DelveInsight’s, “Progressive Supranuclear Palsy - Pipeline Insight, 2021,” report provides comprehensive insights about 15+ companies and 15+ pipeline drugs in Progressive Supranuclear Palsy pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
Progressive Supranuclear Palsy Understanding
Progressive Supranuclear Palsy: Overview
Progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP) is a rare degenerative neurological disorder that affects movement, control of walking and balance, speech, swallowing, vision, mood and behavior, and thinking. The condition is caused by the gradual damage of brain cells. The neuropathological hallmark of PSP is a biochemical alteration in the tau protein, which results in a neurodegeneration and gliosis in the basal ganglia, brainstem, prefrontal cortex and cerebellum. Signs and symptoms of the disease varies from person to person. The most frequent symptom of PSP is a loss of balance while walking. Individuals may have unexplained falls or a stiffness and awkwardness in gait. The diagnosis of PSP is based on the person’s medical history and a physical and neurological exam. Diagnostic scans such as magnetic resonance imaging may help along with other imaging tests aiming to look for brain activity in known areas of degeneration. Treatment of progressive supranuclear palsy is symptomatic and supportive. Antidepressants, such as amitriptyline, fluoxetine, and imipramine, can also help in relieving symptoms.
"Progressive Supranuclear Palsy - Pipeline Insight, 2021" report by DelveInsight outlays comprehensive insights of present scenario and growth prospects across the indication. A detailed picture of the Progressive Supranuclear Palsy pipeline landscape is provided which includes the disease overview and Progressive Supranuclear Palsy treatment guidelines. The assessment part of the report embraces, in depth Progressive Supranuclear Palsy commercial assessment and clinical assessment of the pipeline products under development. In the report, detailed description of the drug is given which includes mechanism of action of the drug, clinical studies, NDA approvals (if any), and product development activities comprising the technology, Progressive Supranuclear Palsy collaborations, licensing, mergers and acquisition, funding, designations and other product related details.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Progressive Supranuclear Palsy R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve Progressive Supranuclear Palsy.
- In July 2020, UCB enters into collaboration with Roche. Under the terms of agreement, UCB enter into a world-wide, exclusive license agreement with Roche and Genentech for the global development and commercialization of UCB0107, an innovative anti-Tau antibody treatment, in Alzheimer's disease (AD).
Progressive Supranuclear Palsy Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Progressive Supranuclear Palsy report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase III, II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Progressive Supranuclear Palsy Emerging Drugs
RT001 is a patented, first-in-class, orally available D-PUFA, a deuterated polyunsaturated fatty acid, that incorporates into mitochondrial and cellular membranes and stabilizes them. RT001 has been shown to decrease levels of lipid peroxidation in PSP patient mesenchymal stem cells, and restore mitochondrial structure and function to damaged cells. In February 2020, U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Orphan Products Development granted orphan drug designation for its chemically-modified polyunsaturated fatty acid drug (RT001) for the treatment of Progressive SupraNuclear Palsy (PSP). The drug is in clinical evaluation for the treatment of Friedreich's ataxia, brain disorders, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, progressive supranuclear palsy, COVID 2019 infections and Huntington’s disease.
Bepranemab (UCB 0107): UCB
Bepranemab (UCB 0107) is a recombinant, humanized, IgG4 monoclonal antibody targeting a central tau epitope. The drug is in Phase I clinical studies for the treatment of Progressive Supranuclear Palsy and in Phase II clinical studies for Alzheimer's disease treatment.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Progressive Supranuclear Palsy: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Progressive Supranuclear Palsy drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
- Major Players in Progressive Supranuclear Palsy
There are approx. 15+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Progressive Supranuclear Palsy. The companies which have their Progressive Supranuclear Palsy drug candidates in the most advanced stage, i.e. Phase II include, Retrotope.
DelveInsight’s report covers around 15+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Late stage products (Phase III)
- Mid-stage products (Phase II)
- Early-stage product (Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
- Route of Administration
Progressive Supranuclear Palsy pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
- Molecule Type
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Small molecule
- Gene therapy
- Product Type
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
Progressive Supranuclear Palsy: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase III, II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses Progressive Supranuclear Palsy therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging Progressive Supranuclear Palsy drugs.
Progressive Supranuclear Palsy Report Insights
- Progressive Supranuclear Palsy Pipeline Analysis
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Unmet Needs
- Impact of Drugs
Progressive Supranuclear Palsy Report Assessment
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Pipeline Assessment
- Inactive drugs assessment
- Unmet Needs
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
- How many companies are developing Progressive Supranuclear Palsy drugs?
- How many Progressive Supranuclear Palsy drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Progressive Supranuclear Palsy?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry-Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Progressive Supranuclear Palsy therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Progressive Supranuclear Palsy and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?