Soft Tissue Sarcoma With Lung Metastases Market
DelveInsight’s ‘Soft Tissue Sarcoma (STS) with lung metastases—Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast–2030’ report deliver an in-depth understanding of the STS with lung metastases, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the STS with lung metastases market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
The STS with lung metastases market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, and market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted 7MM STS with lung metastases market size from 2017 to 2030. The Report also covers current STS with lung metastases treatment practice, market drivers, market barriers, SWOT analysis, reimbursement, and market access, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
• The United States
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017–2030
STS with lung metastases Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
STS with lung metastases Overview
Soft tissue sarcoma is a broad term for cancers that start in soft tissues (muscle, tendons, fat, lymph and blood vessels, and nerves). These cancers can develop anywhere in the body but are found mostly in the arms, legs, chest, and abdomen. For patients with STS, the lungs are the most common site of metastatic disease. Although pulmonary metastases most commonly arise from primary tumors in the extremities, they may arise from almost any primary site or histology. It was also analyzed that, approximately 20–25% of all STS patients will develop pulmonary metastases (40–60% for high-grade tumors), which will become clinically evident usually in the first 2 years following diagnosis. For extremity STS, radiotherapy, in addition to surgical removal of the tumor has been shown to reduce the risk of local recurrence, but it has no impact on survival. However, guidelines for the performance of pulmonary metastasectomy for STS do not exist, and decisions to operate are often made on an individual basis. Up to half of the STS, patients develop one or more lung metastases. Without effective systemic therapies, doctors often rely on pulmonary metastasectomy, surgical removal of the pulmonary metastases, although current data for the practice specific to STS are limited. Lung metastasis produces symptoms similar to those of other serious lung or chest ailments. It is possible, however, for lung metastases to present no symptoms at all. Sometimes the cancerous growth is discovered by accident when the doctor takes a chest x-ray of the patient for other reasons
STS with lung metastases Diagnosis
The diagnosis of STS are mainly made by doing Imaging tests and by biopsy; however, the test is done after signs and symptoms occur. A regular x-ray of the area with the lump may be the first test ordered. A chest x-ray may be done after diagnosis to see if the sarcoma has spread to the lungs. A CT scan uses x-rays to make detailed cross-sectional images of the body. This test is also used to see if the sarcoma has spread to the lungs, liver, or other organs.
Continued in the report…..
STS with lung metastases Treatment
Metastases is a type of lung tumor that develops when cancer from another body site. When this occurs, the tumors in the lung are referred to as metastatic lung (pulmonary) tumors. Because it acts as a sieve for all of the blood that passes through the body, the lung is a very common site for metastatic tumors to lodge. Fortunately, patients with tumors that spread to the lung from other sites often still have a chance to be cured by surgical removal of these tumors, frequently in combination with chemotherapy. Early on, surgical therapy for sarcoma metastases was based on gaining adequate access and visualization to perform a complete resection, including removal of any occult or residual disease. Standard posterolateral thoracotomy provided excellent visualization and allowed the surgeon to examine the entire pleural surface. In surgery for pulmonary metastases complete resection of all lesions and preservation of lung parenchyma is of utmost importance. Pulmonary metastasectomy is performed heterogeneously not only concerning the surgical approach (open vs. VATS) but also to resection techniques (e.g., laser enucleation, electrocautery resection, stapling)
STS with lung metastases Epidemiology
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted epidemiology segmented by Total Incident cases of STS (Soft tissue sarcoma),Total incident cases of STS with lung metastases, Gender-specific incident cases of STS with lung metastases, and Subtype-specific incident cases of STS with lung metastases scenario in the 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and Japan from 2017 to 2030.
• As per DelveInsight estimates, the incident cases of STS with lung metastases in the 7MM was 7,871 cases in 2017.
• The estimates suggest a higher incidence of STS with lung metastases in the United States with 2,506 cases in 2017.
• Females accounted for a larger percentage among the STS with lung metastases cases as compared to males. In 2017, a lower number of males were affected by this disease, i.e., 42% of the total incident cases of STS with lung metastases population in the United States, which is equivalent to 1,053 cases. In comparison to this, for females, the number of cases observed was 1,454 in 2017.
• Among the total incidence of STS with lung metastases cases in the United States, there were 777 cases of Leiomyosarcoma, and 150 cases of liposarcoma, followed by synovial with 376 cases and other types with 1,203 cases.
STS with lung metastasesEpidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the STS with lung metastases epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
STS with lung metastases Drug Chapters
STS with lung metastases Emerging Drugs
Annamycin is a unique next-generation liposome formulated anthracycline (also referred to in the literature as “L-Annamycin”) that has been designed to eliminate cardiotoxicity and avoid the multidrug resistance mechanisms that often defeat currently approved anthracyclines. Annamycin was discovered by Professor Waldemar Priebe at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. Anthracyclines are a class of chemotherapy drugs considered to be among the most effectively available, and with a broader spectrum of anticancer activity than most other classes of chemotherapeutic agents. They have been recognized for their pleiotropic (producing or having multiple effects) mechanisms of action and for DNA being their primary target. In particular, anthracyclines interfere with an enzyme called “topoisomerase II,” resulting in damage to the DNA of rapidly replicating tumor cells; such DNA damage leads to tumor cell death in a process called “apoptosis” (programmed cell death)
Products detail in the report…
STS with lung metastases Market Outlook
STS has many histologic subtypes, and the malignancy can be low or high grade. Treatment may include surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or a combination of these therapies. There have been many attempts to improve the treatment outcome of locally advanced or locally relapsed disease by combining local treatment (surgery, radiotherapy) with systemic therapy, such as neoadjuvant (preoperative) or adjuvant (postoperative) chemotherapy. However, only limited data are available, supporting the use of such perioperative treatments in sarcoma. Metastasectomy and/or chemotherapy are the most common treatments offered to patients with metastatic sarcoma. Pulmonary metastasectomy, either video-assisted or through a formal thoracotomy, has been shown to increase overall survival in select populations of both osseous and STS patients. While chemotherapy remains an essential tool for the treatment of patients with metastatic sarcoma, there is mixed evidence on its survival impact.
Surgical resection of pulmonary metastases and chemotherapy are treatment options that have been employed, but many patients are poor candidates for these treatments for multiple host or tumor-related reasons. In this group of patients, radiation might provide a less morbid treatment alternative. Furthermore, many older patients, as a result of various tumor or comorbidity-related issues, are deemed poor candidates for surgery or chemotherapy. External beam radiotherapy (EBRT) has been shown to decrease local recurrence when used in conjunction with surgery for primary localized STS. The use of stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) for the treatment of metastatic carcinoma to the lung has been shown to be safe and effective. Previous reports on the use of SBRT for metastatic sarcoma to the lungs exist but are limited by small patient numbers and limited long-term follow-up.
Navarria et al., 2015b, conducted a study which stated that before SBRT, 36% of patients underwent surgical resection for other lung metastases, 18% of patients received chemotherapy, and seven (25%) patients received both treatments; SBRT was performed as the first treatment in 21% patients.
The pipeline of STS with lung metastases possesses potential drugs as monotherapies as well as combination therapies.
• The market size of STS with lung metastases in the 7MM was USD 177.54 million in 2017.
• Among the EU-5 countries, Germany has the highest market size of USD 23.71 million. The lowest market size was estimated in Italy, i.e., USD 11.40 million in 2017.
• Around 65% of patients taking the first-line treatment experience relapse of the disease and go for second-line treatment. Since there are no approved or emerging therapies for relapsed/refractory treatment, the therapies which are used in the first-line are used again in second-line management.
• The market size generated by surgery, off-label treatment, and SBRT (first line & second line treatment) in 2017 in the 7MM was estimated to be USD 110.52 million, USD 32.08 million, and USD 34.95 million, respectively.
The United States Market Outlook
This section provides the total STS with lung metastases market size and; market size by therapies in the United States.
EU-5 Market Outlook
The total STS with lung metastases market size and market size by therapies in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom are provided in this section.
Japan Market Outlook
The total STS with lung metastases market size and market size by therapies in Japan are provided.
STS with lung metastases Drugs Uptake
This section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched in the STS with lung metastases market or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2017–2030. The analysis covers the STS with lung metastases market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs, and allows the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size which again will be useful in investigating factors important in market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
STS with lung metastases Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, and phase III stage. It also analyzes key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition, and merger, licensing, and patent details for STS with lung metastases emerging therapies.
Reimbursement Scenario in STS with lung metastases
Approaching reimbursement proactively can have a positive impact both during the late stages of product development and well after product launch. In the report, we consider reimbursement to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business and price strategy.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform competitive and market Intelligence analysis of the STS with lung metastases market by using various competitive intelligence tools that include–SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
• The report covers the descriptive overview of STS with lung metastases, explaining its causes, symptoms, pathophysiology, genetic basis, and currently available therapies.
• Comprehensive insight has been provided into the STS with lung metastases epidemiology and treatment.
• Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for STS with lung metastases is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape.
• A detailed review of the STS with lung metastases market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering the 7MM drug outreach.
• The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the 7MM STS with lung metastases market.
• The robust pipeline with novel MOA and oral ROA, increasing incidence, effectiveness of drugs as both mono and combination therapy will positively drive the STS with lung metastases market.
• The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence STS with lung metastases R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
• Major players are involved in developing therapies for STS with lung metastases. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the STS with lung metastases market.
• Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (phase III and phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
STS with lung metastases Report Insights
• Patient Population
• Therapeutic Approaches
• STS with lung metastases Pipeline Analysis
• STS with lung metastases Market Size and Trends
• Market Opportunities
• Impact of upcoming Therapies
STS with lung metastases Report Key Strengths
• 11 Years Forecast
• 7MM Coverage
• STS with lung metastases Epidemiology Segmentation
• Key Cross Competition
• Highly Analyzed Market
• Drugs Uptake
STS with lung metastases Report Assessment
• Current Treatment Practices
• Unmet Needs
• Pipeline Product Profiles
• Market Attractiveness
• Market Drivers and Barriers
• SWOT analysis
• What was the STS with lung metastases market share (%) distribution in 2017 and how it would look like in 2030?
• What would be the STS with lung metastases total market size as well as market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• What are the key findings pertaining to the market across the 7MM and which country will have the largest STS with lung metastases market size during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• At what CAGR, the STS with lung metastases market is expected to grow at the 7MM level during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• What would be the STS with lung metastases market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• What would be the STS with lung metastases market growth till 2030 and what will be the resultant market size in the year 2030?
• How would the market drivers, barriers, and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
• What is the disease risk, burden, and unmet needs of STS with lung metastases?
• What is the historical STS with lung metastases patient pool in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the UK), and Japan?
• What would be the forecasted patient pool of STS with lung metastases at the 7MM level?
• What will be the growth opportunities across the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to STS with lung metastases?
• Out of the above-mentioned countries, which country would have the highest incident population of STS with lung metastases during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• At what CAGR the population is expected to grow across the 7MM during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies:
• What are the current options for the treatment of STS with lung metastases along with the approved therapy?
• What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of STS with lung metastases in the US and Europe?
• What are the STS with lung metastases marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety, and efficacy, etc.?
• How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of STS with lung metastases?
• How many emerging therapies are in the mid-stage and late stages of development for the treatment of STS with lung metastases?
• What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the STS with lung metastases therapies?
• What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action, and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
• What are the clinical studies going on for STS with lung metastases and their status?
• What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for STS with lung metastases?
• What are the 7MM historical and forecasted market of STS with lung metastases?
Reasons to buy
• The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the STS with lung metastases.
• To understand the future market competition in the STS with lung metastases market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers.
• Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for STS with lung metastases in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
• Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors.
• Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for the STS with lung metastases market.
• To understand the future market competition in the STS with lung metastases market.