Gene therapy is a promising treatment option for several diseases and involves vectors, either viral or non-viral vectors.
Out of the several viral vectors that have been used for delivering the genes of interest, the Adeno-associated viral (AAV) vector appears to be the safest and effective vehicle and can maintain long-term gene and protein expression following a single injection of the vector.
Adeno-Associated Virus Vectors in Gene Therapy Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Adeno-Associated Virus Vectors in Gene Therapy in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total prevalent cases of selected indications
- Total indication wise eligible cases
- Indication wise Treated Cases of AAV Gene Therapies
Adeno-Associated Virus Vectors in Gene Therapy Epidemiology
- The total prevalent cases of selected indications for AAV Gene Therapies in 7MM were 2,718,559 in 2017.
- The highest number of prevalent cases was in Germany, with 428,198 cases in 2017.
The total market size of AAV-vector-based Gene Therapy in 7MM in 2019 was USD 428 million.
Adeno-Associated Virus Vectors in Gene Therapy Market Drivers
- Ability to treat a broad array of conditions
- AAV Capsid Selection and Optimization
- Longer Transgene Expression
Adeno-Associated Virus Vectors in Gene Therapy Market Barriers
- Shortcomings of AAV based Gene Therapies
- Failures and risks associated with clinical trials
Adeno-Associated Virus Vectors in Gene Therapy Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Adeno-Associated Virus Vectors in the Gene Therapy market are
- Valoctocogene Roxaparvovec (BMN 270)
- RG6357 (SPK-8011)
- Fidanacogene elaparvovec (SPK-9001/ PF-06838435)
- Timrepigene emparvovec/BIIB111/AAV2-REP1
And many others.
Adeno-Associated Virus Vectors in Gene Therapy Key Players
The key players in the Adeno-Associated Virus Vectors in Gene Therapy market are
- BioMarin Pharmaceutical
- Spark Therapeutics
- Amicus Therapeutics
- NightstaRx Ltd
- Solid Biosciences
- Freeline Therapeutics
And many others.