Amyloidosis refers to a group of complex diseases caused by protein misfolding and aggregation into highly ordered amyloid fibrils that deposit in tissues, resulting in progressive organ damage. A cross-β-sheet quaternary structure characterizes these amyloid fibrils. It is typically found in individuals with monoclonal gammopathy.
AL amyloidosis is characterized by the proliferation of clonal plasma cells. It causes the increased production of immunoglobulin light chains to become misfolded and aggregate into amyloid fibrils, leading to organ damage. As the amyloid builds up in an organ, nerve, or tissue, it gradually causes damage and affects their function. Each amyloidosis patient has a different pattern of amyloid deposition in their body. It often affects more than one organ, except the brain.
AL Amyloidosis Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of AL Amyloidosis in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Incident Cases of AL Amyloidosis
- Gender-Specific Cases of AL Amyloidosis
- Age-Specific Cases of AL Amyloidosis
AL Amyloidosis Epidemiology
- The total prevalent population of AL Amyloidosis in 7MM in 2030 was 9,087.
- Males are more affected by AL Amyloidosis as compared to females.
- The highest number of cases were observed in the age group of 65–84.
- The lowest number of cases were observed in the age group of 85 and above.
The therapeutic market size of AL Amyloidosis in 7MM in 2020 was USD 916.1 million.
AL Amyloidosis Market Drivers
- The rise in the awareness and incidence
- Developments in diagnostic techniques
- Progression in R&D
AL Amyloidosis Market Barriers
- Lack of therapies
- High disease and economic burden
AL Amyloidosis Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the AL Amyloidosis market are:
And many more
AL Amyloidosis Key Players
The key players in the AL Amyloidosis market are:
- Janssen Pharmaceutical
- Caelum Biosciences
- Oncopeptides AB
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Acrotech biopharma
And many more