Ascites are defined as an abnormal amount of intraperitoneal fluid. It is a condition in which fluid collects in spaces within the abdomen. If severe, Ascites can even be painful. People experiencing Ascites may have trouble moving around comfortably. There is a possibility of fluid moving into the chest and surrounding the lungs.
Ascites Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Ascites in 7MM from 2018 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Number of Ascites Cases due to Cirrhosis
- Number of Ascites Cases by Malignancies
- Severity-Specific Cases of Ascites due to Cirrhosis
Ascites Epidemiological Insights Observed in 2020
- The total cases of Ascites due to cirrhosis in 7MM was 240,730.
- The number of Ascites cases due to cirrhosis in the United States was found to be 149,118.
- The number of Ascites cases due to cirrhosis in Germany was 20,004.
- In Japan, the number of Ascites cases due to cirrhosis was observed to be 29,571.
- The number of Ascites cases in Spain due to cirrhosis was estimated to be 4,904.
The market size of Ascites due to Cirrhosis in the 7MM was found to be USD 993 million in 2020.
Ascites Market Drivers
- Increasing patient population
- Improved diagnostic criteria
- Rising awareness
Ascites Market Barriers
- Complications associated with Ascites
- No curative/preventive therapy
- Delayed diagnosis
- Availability of generics
Ascites Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Ascites market are:
- BIV201 (Terlipressin)
- N-003 (Ambrisentan), and others
Ascites Key Players
The key players in the Ascites market are:
- Noorik Biopharmaceuticals AG, and others