Beta-thalassemias (low beta-globin) are due to mutations in the HBB gene on chromosome 11, also inherited in an autosomal, recessive fashion. The severity of the disease depends on the nature of the mutation and on the presence of mutations in one or both alleles. A wide variety of different mutations (>200) have been documented that affect the Beta-globin gene, for which patients may be either homozygous or heterozygous. Phenotypic effects, therefore, range widely from slight impairment to the complete inhibition of Beta-globin chain synthesis.
Beta-thalassemia Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Beta-thalassemia in 6MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Prevalent cases of Beta-thalassemia Minor
- Diagnosed Prevalence cases of Beta-thalassemia
- Beta-thalassemia diagnosed Patients by Disease Type
- Complications of Patients of Beta-thalassemia
Beta-thalassemia Epidemiology (2017)
- The total diagnosed prevalent population of Beta-thalassemia in 6MM was 14,191.
- The total prevalent cases of Beta-thalassemia were highest in Italy, whereas in Spain found to be the lowest one.
- The majority of Beta-thalassemia patients were found with Endocrine complications and Osteoporosis.
The therapeutic market size of Beta-thalassemia in Italy and Spain was USD 77.6 million and USD 2.2 million respectively in 2017.
Beta-thalassemia Market Drivers
- Increase in research activities
- Advances in genetics
- Better diagnostic techniques
Beta-thalassemia Market Barriers
- Global transfusion burden
- Continuity of care
- Lack of sustainable development
Beta-thalassemia Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Beta-thalassemia market are:
- LentiGlobin BB305
- ACE-011 (Sotatercept)
- IONIS TMPRSS6 LRx
- VIT 2763
And many more
Beta-thalassemia Key Players
The key players in the Beta-thalassemia market are:
- BlueBird Bio
- Protagonist Therapeutics
- Acceleron Pharma/Celgene Corporation
- Agios Pharmaceuticals
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals
- Vifor Pharma
And many more