Bipolar Disorder, formerly known as manic depressive illness or manic depression, is a mental disorder that is characterized by wide mood swings from manic to depressed. In depressive episodes (bipolar depression), the patient might feel sad, indifferent, or hopeless, combined with a shallow activity level.
The symptoms of bipolar depression are feeling sad or anxious; restless; trouble focusing or making decisions; trouble falling asleep, waking up too early, or sleeping too much; lack of interest; feeling hopeless or worthless, or thinking about death or suicide; unable to do even simple things, and talking very slowly.
Bipolar Depression Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Bipolar Depression in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Diagnosed Prevalence of Bipolar Depression
- Type-specific Diagnosed Prevalence of Bipolar Depression
- Severity-specific Diagnosed Prevalence of Bipolar Depression
Bipolar Depression Epidemiology
- The total diagnosed prevalent population of Bipolar Depression in 7MM was 1,857,545 in 2017.
- The diagnosed prevalence of Bipolar Depression in the United States was 740,715 in 2017.
The market size of Bipolar Depression in 7MM in 2017 was USD 762.83 million
Bipolar Depression Market Drivers
- Novel insights into disease
- Improvement in treatment over the years
- Increasing adherence to treatment
- Increase in awareness and advancements in the technology
Bipolar Depression Market Barriers
- Delay in diagnosis
- Unrecognized and inappropriate treatment
- Neglects of quality of life, burden, and economic issues
- Unsatisfactory design of randomized controlled trials
- Lack of Knowledge to differentiate between unipolar and bipolar depression
Bipolar Depression Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of Bipolar Depression market are
- Abilify (Aripiprazole)
- Zuranolone (SAGE-217)
- Falkieri (Esketamine DPI)
And many others.
Bipolar Depression Key Players
The key players in Bipolar Depression market are
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical
- Intra-cellular Therapies
- COMPASS Pathways
- Sage Therapeutics
- Sunovion/Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma
- Iltoo Pharma
- Celon Pharma
And many others.