Cancer is the second leading cause of death worldwide. Toward the end of life, individuals with cancer experience a substantial symptom burden. The top three common symptoms in patients with cancer at the end of life are fatigue, pain, and anorexia (appetite loss). Anorexia is a component of the cancer
anorexia-cachexia syndrome (CACS). It is the lack or loss of appetite or desire to eat leading to reduced intake of food.
Cancer Anorexia Epidemiological Segmentation
- Total Incidence Cases of Anorexia by Cancer Types
Cancer Anorexia Epidemiological Insights Observed in 2020
- The total incident cases of cancer-related Anorexia in 7MM were found to be 740,055.
- The incidence population of Anorexia by cancer types in the United States was observed to be 265,539.
- The Cancer Anorexia cases in EU5 countries were found to be 276,713.
- Among EU5 countries, the number of incident cancer cases by type in Germany was found to be 72,040, whereas, in Spain, there were 36,474 cases.
- The number of incident cases of Cancer Anorexia in Japan was observed to be 197,803.
The market size of Cancer Anorexia in the 7MM was found to be USD 313.52 million in 2020.
Cancer Anorexia Market Drivers
- The increasing population of cancer patients with Anorexia
- Scope of upcoming therapies
- Opportunity for novel treatments
- Presence of an effective disease scoring system
Cancer Anorexia Market Barriers
- Disease burden and impact on quality of life
- Lack of disease understanding
- High mortality rate in cancer patients due to Anorexia
Cancer Anorexia Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Cancer Anorexia market are
- NGM120, and others
Cancer Anorexias Key Players
The key players working in the Cancer Anorexia market are
- Helsinn Healthcare
- Artelo Biosciences
- NGM Biopharmaceuticals, and others
Stay tuned for recent updates on Cancer Anorexia Treatment Landscape