Celiac Disease (CD), also known as coeliac disease/non-tropical sprue or gluten-sensitive enteropathy, is defined as a chronic, multiple-organ small intestinal immune-mediated enteropathy precipitated by exposure to dietary gluten in genetically predisposed people. It is a severe autoimmune disorder where the ingestion of gluten leads to damage in the small intestine; it is not an allergy caused by gluten.
Celiac Disease Epidemiological Segmentation
- The Epidemiological Segmentation of Celiac Disease in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Prevalent Population of Celiac Disease
- Total Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Celiac Disease
- Gender-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Celiac Disease
- Type-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Celiac Disease
- Age-specific distribution of Celiac Disease
Celiac Disease Epidemiology
- The total prevalent population of Celiac Disease in 7 MM was 6,334,993 in 2017.
- In the United States, Celiac Disease cases were found to be 238,048 in Males, whereas 423,196 cases were found for Females in 2017.
The market size of Celiac Disease in 7MM was USD 1,242.8 Million in 2017.
Celiac Disease Market Drivers
- Robust Pipeline Activity
- Increase in Awareness
- Increasing Prevalence and Diagnosed Prevalence in Europe
Celiac Disease Market Barriers
- Economic Burden on Patients
- Lack of Efficient Diagnosis
- Differential Diagnosis
Celiac Disease Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Celiac Disease market are
- Larazotide Acetate (INN-202/AT-1001)
- Latiglutenase (IMGX003/ALV003)
And many others.
Celiac Disease Key Players
The key players in the Celiac Disease market are
- 9 Meters Biopharma
- Provention Bio
- Takeda/Cour Pharmaceuticals
- Precigen ActoBio
- Falk Pharma and Zedira
And many others.