A Diabetic Foot Ulcer (DFU) is an open sore or wound that occurs in patients with diabetes and is commonly located on the bottom of the foot. The average duration of diabetes before ulceration is less than ten years.
Diabetic Foot Ulcer is one of the most significant and devastating complications of poorly controlled diabetes (type 1 and type 2) and probably the major component of the diabetic foot. In most DFU patients, peripheral neuropathy and peripheral arterial disease (PAD) play a central role, and people who develop foot ulcers lose the ability to feel pain in the affected area.
Diabetic Foot Ulcer Epidemiological Segmentation
- Total Prevalent Cases of DFU
- Total Diagnosed Cases of DFU
- Gender-specific Cases of DFU
- Age-Specific Cases of DFU
- DFU cases by severity/ chronicity of wound
- Treated cases of DFU
Diabetic Foot Ulcer Epidemiology
- The total treated cases of DFU in the 7MM were 1,973,895.
- The total number of Diabetic Foot Ulcers prevalent cases in the United States was found to be 4,551,498.
- The total DFU prevalent cases in EU-5 countries were 1,274,933.
- In Japan, the total number of Diabetic Foot Ulcer prevalent cases was observed to be 168,547.
- The total gender-specific prevalent cases in the 7MM were 2,149,948 for males and 1,374,864 cases for females.
The therapeutic market of DFU in the seven major markets is expected to increase during the study period (2018–2030) with a CAGR of 17.0%.
Diabetic Foot Ulcers Market Drivers
- Rich emerging pipeline
- Development of new treatment modalities
- Patients-friendly dosage regimes
Diabetic Foot Ulcers Market Barriers
- The burden of high cost in DFU treatment
- Post-operative challenges in DFU patients
- Lack of access to specialists
Diabetic Foot Ulcers Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Diabetic Foot Ulcers market are:
- TTAX01 (Neox Cord 1K)
- Engensis (VM202; Donaperminogene Seltoplasmid)
- ON101 (WH-1)
- Allo-APZ2-DFU (ABCB5 positive MSCs)
- Bisphosphocin Nu-3
- RAPID Biodynamic PRP Haematogel
- MBN-101 (Pravibismane)
- ExpressGraft (C9T1 Skin Tissue)
and many others.
Diabetic Foot Ulcers Key players
The key players in the Diabetic Foot Ulcers market are:
- Amniox (TissueTech)
- Oneness Biotech
- Rheacell (a subsidiary of Ticeba)
- Biotherapy Services
- Microbion Corporation
- Aurealis Therapeutics
and many others.