Diabetic foot ulcer (DFU) is an open sore or wound in patients with diabetes; they occur in type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus. The average duration of diabetes before ulceration is >10 years. The wound is commonly located on the bottom of the foot. A DFU is caused by neuropathic (nerve) and vascular (blood vessel) complications of diabetes. Nerve damage due to diabetes causes altered or complete loss of feeling in the foot and/or leg, known as peripheral neuropathy.
Diabetic Foot Ulcer Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of DFU from 2018 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Prevalent Cases of Diabetic Foot Ulcer
- Total Diagnosed Cases of Diabetic Foot Ulcer
- Gender-specific Cases of Diabetic Foot Ulcer
- Age-Specific Cases of Diabetic Foot Ulcer
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer cases by severity/ chronicity of wound
- Treated cases of Diabetic Foot Ulcer
Diabetic Foot Ulcer Epidemiology (2020)
- The total number of DFU prevalent cases in the United States is 4,551,498.
- The total Diabetic Foot Ulcer prevalent cases in EU-5 were 1,274,933.
- In Japan, the total number of DFU prevalent cases was observed to be 168,547.
- The total treated cases of Diabetic Foot Ulcer in the 7MM was 1,973,895.
- DFU diagnosed prevalence cases in males were observed to be 2,149,948 cases and in females, it was observed to be 1,374,86 cases.
The therapeutic market of DFU in the 7MM is expected to increase during the study period (2018–2030) with a CAGR of 17.0%.
Diabetic Foot Ulcer Market Drivers
- Rich emerging pipeline
- Development of new treatment modalities
- Patients-friendly dosage regimes
Diabetic Foot Ulcer Market Barriers
- The burden of high cost in DFU treatment
- Post-operative challenges in DFU patients
- Lack of access to specialists
Diabetic Foot Ulcer Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the DFU market are
- TTAX01 (Neox Cord 1K)
- Engensis (VM202; Donaperminogene Seltoplasmid)
- ON101 (WH-1)
- Allo-APZ2-DFU (ABCB5 positive MSCs)
- Bisphosphocin Nu-3
- RAPID Biodynamic PRP Haematogel
- MBN-101 (Pravibismane)
- ExpressGraft (C9T1 Skin Tissue)
And many more
Diabetic Foot Ulcer Key Players
The key players in the DFU market are
- Amniox (TissueTech)
- Oneness Biotech
- Rheacell (a subsidiary of Ticeba)
- Aurealis Therapeutics
- Biotherapy Services
- Microbion Corporation
And many more