Dup15q Syndrome is a neurogenetic disorder, which results from duplications of chromosome 15q11.2-13.1. It is characterized by hypotonia, developmental delay, intellectual disability (ID), epilepsy, and autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
Based on the mechanism of action of duplication, Dup15q syndrome is categorized into two types, i.e., isodicentric 15 chromosomes [idic(15)] and interstitial duplication 15 [int dup(15)]. Idic(15) is found in most cases, wherein the individuals with Idic (15) have an extra chromosome formed due to a duplicated and inverted portion of chromosome 15. Besides, in int dup(15), a section of the q arm of chromosome 15 gets duplicated.
Dup15q Syndrome Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Dup15q Syndrome in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Prevalent Cases of Dup15q Syndrome
- Total Diagnosed Prevalence of Dup15q Syndrome
- Type-specific Diagnosed Prevalence of Dup15q Syndrome
Dup15q Syndrome Epidemiology
- The total prevalent population of Dup15q syndrome in 7MM in 2017 was 45,884
- The prevalence of Dup15q syndrome in the United States in 2017 was 22,077
- The total diagnosed prevalent cases of Dup15q syndrome in the US in 2017 was 4,415
The market size of Dup15q syndrome in 7MM in 2017 was USD 15.69 Million
Dup15q Syndrome Market Drivers
- Identification of electroencephalogram (EEG) biomarker
- Support and awareness from disease advocacy groups
- Expected launch of Soticlestat (OV935/TAK935)
Dup15q Syndrome Market Barriers
- Limited understanding of the genes and biomarkers
- Low awareness about the disease
- Limited epidemiological information
- Unavailability of treatment and diagnostic guidelines
- No approved therapy and weak emerging pipeline
Dup15q Syndrome Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Dup15q Syndrome market are
- Soticlestat (OV935/TAK-935)
And many others.
Dup15q Syndrome Key Players
The key players in the Dup15q Syndrome market are
- Ovid Therapeutics
And many others.