Painful menstrual periods are also known as Dysmenorrhea. Dysmenorrhea can be classified into two types
• Primary Dysmenorrhea
• Secondary Dysmenorrhea
Primary Dysmenorrhea is common menstrual cramps related to the normal process of menstruation. These cramps are recurrent and are not because of the other diseases. Pain can range from mild to severe, can typically last 12–72 hours, and can be accompanied by nausea and vomiting, fatigue, and even diarrhea.
In secondary Dysmenorrhea, the pain is caused by any disorder in the woman's reproductive organs. The pain usually commences earlier in the menstrual cycle and lasts longer than common menstrual cramps. Contrary to the primary Dysmenorrhea, in this type, pain is not typically accompanied by nausea, vomiting, fatigue, or diarrhea. The most common cause of secondary Dysmenorrhea is endometriosis. Other commonly observed Dysmenorrhea symptoms are a pain in the lower abdomen and back, which radiate to the thighs, including signs like headache, weakness, fever, and loss of appetite.
Dysmenorrhea Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Dysmenorrhea in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
• Total Prevalent Cases of Dysmenorrhea and its Types (Primary and Secondary Dysmenorrhea)
• Total Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Dysmenorrhea and its Types (Primary and Secondary Dysmenorrhea)
• Severity-specific Prevalent Cases of Primary Dysmenorrhea
• Severity-specific Prevalent Cases of Secondary Dysmenorrhea
• Treated cases of Primary and Secondary Dysmenorrhea
• The total prevalent cases of Dysmenorrhea in 7MM were 134,524,953 cases in 2017.
• In 2017, the United States accounted for nearly 44% of the total 7MM Dysmenorrhea cases.
The market size of Dysmenorrhea in 7MM in 2017 was USD 7,430 million.
Dysmenorrhea Market Drivers
• Increasing prevalence owing to an increase in awareness and changing lifestyle
• Emerging landscape with promising early efficacy signals
Dysmenorrhea Market Barriers
• Limitations of the current therapies such as side effects and mediocre efficacy
• The anticipated increasing use of generics
The emerging drugs of the Dysmenorrhea market are
• Yselty (Linzagolix; OBE2109)
• Relugolix (TAK-385)
• Pure Femme Tablets
• FSN-013 (Estetrol/ Drospirenone)
And many others.
Dysmenorrhea Key Players
The key players in the Dysmenorrhea market are
• Myovant Sciences/Takeda
• Pure Green
• Fuji Pharma
• Nippon Shinyaku
And many others.