Epilepsy is a neurological disorder in which brain activity becomes abnormal, causing seizures or periods of unusual behavior, sensations, and sometimes loss of awareness.
Epilepsy signs and symptoms of seizures include temporary confusion, staring spell, uncontrollable jerking movements of the arms and legs, loss of consciousness or awareness, and psychic symptoms.
Epilepsy Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Epilepsy in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Prevalent Population of Epilepsy
- Total Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Epilepsy
- Gender-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Epilepsy
- Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Epilepsy Based on Seizure types in Adults
- Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Epilepsy Based on Seizure types in Children
- The total prevalent population of Epilepsy in 7 MM was 7,190,297 in 2017.
- The total prevalent population of Epilepsy in the United States was 3,579,732 in 2017.
The market size of Epilepsy in 7MM in 2017 was USD 1,847.46 Million.
Epilepsy Market Drivers
- Specialized multidisciplinary care
- Constructive Efforts
- Promising Emerging Therapies
- Increase in R&D
- Government Initiatives and Funding
Epilepsy Market Barriers
- Generics in the Market
- Low Compliance Rate
- Heterogeneity Barrier
- Differential Diagnosis
- Therapeutic and Public Health Barriers
- Challenges during Clinical Studies
Epilepsy Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Epilepsy market are
- Soticlestat (TAK935/OV935)
- Zygel (ZYN002)
- Translarna (ataluren)
- Vatiquinone (EPI-743)
- Staccato Alprazolam
- ICV Delivery System of Valproic Acid (CT-010)
- EPX-100 (Clemizole HCl)
- PF-06372865/ CVL-865
And many others.
Epilepsy Key Players
The key players in the Epilepsy market are
- Marinus Pharmaceuticals
- Aquestive Therapeutics
- Insys Therapeutics
- Ovid Therapeutics
- Zynerba Pharma
- Idorsia Pharmaceuticals
- Neurocrine Biosciences
- PTC Therapeutics
- BioPharm Solutions
- Engage Therapeutics
- Cerebral Therapeutics
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals
- Xenon Pharmaceuticals
- Cerevel Therapeutics
- Stoke Therapeutics
And many others.