- The Epilepsy market was found to be XX million in 2021 and is expected to grow during the forecast period (2022-2032).
- Some of the Epilepsy drugs in different phases are ENX-101, Darigabat, XEN496, AMZ002, and others.
- Some of the companies working in the market are Engrail Therapeutics, Cerevel Therapeutics, Xenon Pharmaceuticals Inc., Amzell, and several others.
Request a sample to unlock market size for Epilepsy Market Report
DelveInsight's "Epilepsy Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032" report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Epilepsy, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Epilepsy market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Epilepsy market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Epilepsy market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Epilepsy market size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Epilepsy treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2019-2032
Epilepsy Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Epilepsy is a chronic neurological disorder characterized by the frequent and recurring seizures leading to unusual behavior. Itcan be considered as spectrum disorder due to varied types of seizures, causes and different degree of severity. Epilepsy is acondition in which the brain's function is disrupted due to aberrant or excessive electrical discharges from brain cells. The main cause of Epilepsy is not clear but it is noted that any change in the nerve cells, neurons and the brain resulting inabnormal signals can be the possible reason. Therefore, some of the main causes may include: Brain impairment from prenatal or perinatal causes due to low oxygen during birth, Severe brain injury before birth, Brain tumor, Genetic condition that cause brain abnormalities, Abnormal level of blood sugar and sodium in the brain.
The most common symptom of epilepsy includes seizures however, if an individual is experiencing more than one symptom includes:
- Convulsion without fever
- Low consciousness and awareness
- Altered cognitive function of the brain and movement
- Loss of taste, smell, sight and hearing
- Sudden unconsciousness, collapsing and stiffness of the body
- Altered behavior characteristics such as high anger and panic.
High quality imaging is a critical component of the evaluation of intractable epilepsy. A specialist may suggest having a test tocheck your brain activity called an electroencephalogram (EEG), or a brain scan to look for any problem in your brain. The mainscan used is a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan.
Epilepsy can not be completely cured but doctors prescribe antiepileptic drugs (AEDs) to control seizures. Sometime diettherapy, and epilepsy surgery can also be recommended depending on the symptoms and severity of the condition. Therefore,the treatment can be divided into three category as explained below:
Antiepileptic drugs (AEDs): They can control seizures to a great extent and considered as the main treatment option among all. Some of the well drugs given to patients are valproic acid and carbamazepine.
Diet therapy: Diet play a major role in relaxing seizures when AEDs are unable to control the symptoms. The doctors generally prescribe high fat, adequate protein and low carbohydrate diet to the patients. Epilepsy is a chronic neurological disorder characterized by frequent and recurring seizures leading to unusual behavior. It can be considered as a spectrum disorder due to varied types of seizures, causes and different degree of severity. Epilepsy is a condition in which the brain's function is disrupted due to aberrant or excessive electrical discharges from brain cells.
The Epilepsy epidemiology division provide insights about historical and current Epilepsy patient pool and forecasted trend for every seven major countries. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the DelveInsight report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
The Epilepsy epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Epilepsy epidemiology scenarios in the 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan from 2019 to 2032.
Country Wise- Epilepsy Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the Epilepsy epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
Epilepsy Drug Chapters
Drug chapter segment of the Epilepsy report encloses the detailed analysis of Epilepsy marketed drugs and late stage (Phase-III and Phase-II) pipeline drugs. It also helps to understand the Epilepsy clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug and the latest news and press releases.
- ENX-101: Engrail Therapeutics
- Darigabat: Cerevel Therapeutics
- XEN496:Xenon Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- AMZ002: Amzell
- And several others
Marketed Epilepsy Drugs
The report provides the details of the marketed product available for Epilepsy treatment.
The report provides the details of the emerging therapies under the late and mid-stage of development for Epilepsy treatment.
XEN496:Xenon Pharmaceuticals Inc.
XEN496, a Kv7 potassium channel opener, is a proprietary pediatric formulation of the active ingredient ezogabine beingdeveloped for the treatment of KCNQ2 developmental and epileptic encephalopathy (KCNQ2-DEE). Xenon has received Fast Track designation and Orphan Drug Designation for XEN496 for the treatment of seizuresassociated with KCNQ2-DEE from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), as well as orphan medicinal productdesignation from the European Commission. A Phase III randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel group,multicenter clinical trial, called the “EPIK” study, is underway to evaluate the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of XEN496administered as adjunctive treatment in approximately 40 pediatric patients aged one month to less than six years withKCNQ2-DEE. Xenon anticipates that the EPIK study will be completed in the first half of 2024.
Further information in detailed report
AMZ002 is a sterile injectable hormone product, in-licensed from Ferring. Amzell owns the global rights to theproduct except in India where Ferring maintains its rights. AMZ002 will offer a highly-purified syntheticalternative to the existing natural FDA-approved product for the treatment of epileptic seizure. Amzell has conducted an upgrading of the CMC (chemistry, manufacturing and controls) of the product tocomply with US regulatory requirements. Amzell has received FDA clearance authorizing clinical testing aftersubmission of the IND (investigational new drug) application. Amzell BV has concluded discussions with the FDA ahead of initiating a Phase III trial for AMZ002. Following theType B End of Phase II meeting with the FDA Division of Neurology, Amzell BV has agreed the study design,dosing, primary and secondary endpoints, and the estimated sample size for the Phase III trial. Amzell receivedconcurrence from the FDA using the Special Protocol Assessment (SPA) process.
Further information in detailed report…
Epilepsy Market Outlook
The Epilepsy market outlook of the report helps to build the detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted Epilepsy market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers and demand of better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Epilepsy market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria's, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, Epilepsy market in 7MM is expected to change in the study period 2019-2032.
This section includes a glimpse of the Epilepsy market in 7MM.
The United States: Epilepsy Market Outlook
This section provides the total Epilepsy market size and market size by therapies in the United States.
EU-5 Countries: Epilepsy Market Outlook
The total Epilepsy market size and market size by therapies in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom is provided in this section.
Japan: Epilepsy Market Outlook
The total Epilepsy market size and market size by therapies in Japan is also mentioned.
Epilepsy Drugs Uptake
This section focusses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched in the Epilepsy market or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2019-2032. The analysis covers Epilepsy market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs and allow the comparison of the drugs on the basis of market share and size which again will be useful in investigating factors important in market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Epilepsy Pipeline Development Activities
The Epilepsy market report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in Phase II, and Phase III stage. It also analyses Epilepsy companies involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing, patent details and other information for Epilepsy emerging therapies.
Reimbursement Scenario in Epilepsy
Approaching reimbursement proactively can have a positive impact both during the late stages of product development and well after product launch. In a report, we take reimbursement into consideration to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business and price strategy.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME's opinion working in Epilepsy domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or Epilepsy market trend. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform Competitive and Market Intelligence analysis of the Epilepsy Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools that include - SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter's five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
2019 to 2032
2022 to 2032
|USD XX million in 2021|
|Epilepsy Drugs|| |
ENX-101, Darigabat, XEN496, AMZ002 and others.
Key Epilepsy Companies
Engrail Therapeutics, Cerevel Therapeutics, Xenon Pharmaceuticals Inc., Amzell, and several others.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Epilepsy, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Epilepsy epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Epilepsy are provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of Epilepsy market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Epilepsy market
- In the coming years, Epilepsy market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Epilepsy R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for Epilepsy. Launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Epilepsy market
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for Epilepsy
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Epilepsy Report Insights
- Epilepsy Patient Population
- Epilepsy Therapeutic Approaches
- Epilepsy Pipeline Analysis
- Epilepsy Market Size and Trends
- Epilepsy Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Epilepsy Therapies
Epilepsy Report Key Strengths
- 11 Years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Epilepsy Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Cross Competition
- Highly Analyzed Epilepsy Market
- Epilepsy Drugs Uptake
Epilepsy Report Assessment
- Current Epilepsy Treatment Practices
- Epilepsy Unmet Needs
- Epilepsy Pipeline Product Profiles
- Epilepsy Market Attractiveness
- Epilepsy Market Drivers and Barriers
Epilepsy Market Insights:
- What was the Epilepsy market share (%) distribution in 2019 and how it would look like in 2032?
- What would be the Epilepsy total market size as well as market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- What are the key findings pertaining to the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest Epilepsy market size during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- At what CAGR, the Epilepsy market is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- What would be the Epilepsy market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- What would be the Epilepsy market growth till 2032, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2032?
- How would the market drivers, barriers and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
Epilepsy Epidemiology Insights:
- What is the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of the Epilepsy?
- What is the historical Epilepsy patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of Epilepsy in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to Epilepsy?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the highest prevalent population of Epilepsy during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- At what CAGR the population is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for the Epilepsy treatment, along with the approved therapy?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of Epilepsy in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
- What are the Epilepsy marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety and efficacy, etc.?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Epilepsy?
- How many therapies are developed by each company for Epilepsy treatment?
- How many are emerging therapies in mid-stage, and late stage of development for Epilepsy treatment?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry - Industry, Industry - Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Epilepsy therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Epilepsy and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for Epilepsy?
- What are the global historical and forecasted market of Epilepsy?
Reasons to buy
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Epilepsy market
- To understand the future market competition in the Epilepsy market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Epilepsy in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom) and Japan
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Epilepsy market
- To understand the future market competition in the Epilepsy market