Gastroparesis is characterized by delayed gastric emptying (GE) in the absence of mechanical gastric outlet obstruction. The condition is underdiagnosed and has a diverse etiology.
The clinical symptoms of Gastroparesis include nausea, vomiting, early satiety, postprandial fullness, bloating, belching, and upper abdominal discomfort, which may overlap with symptoms observed in functional dyspepsia and accelerated gastric emptying.
Several factors may contribute to or cause Gastroparesis, which is mostly unknown and is, therefore, termed "idiopathic." Based on the causes, Gastroparesis is divided into three types: Idiopathic, Diabetic, and Post Surgical Gastroparesis.
Gastroparesis treatment landscape comprises of very few pharmacotherapies. The usual treatments for Gastroparesis include nutritional assessment, dietary modifications, and pharmacological therapies. Pharmacological therapies include prokinetic agents, antiemetic agents (off-label), and antianxiety benzodiazepine agents (off-label). Apart from these pharmacological therapies, electrical stimulation therapies, endoscopic therapies, and surgical therapies are used to treat Gastroparesis's treatment management.
Gastroparesis Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Gastroparesis in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Prevalence of Gastroparesis
- Gender-specific Prevalence of Gastroparesis
- Severity-specific Prevalence of Gastroparesis
- Type-specific Diagnosed Prevalence of Gastroparesis
- Total Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Gastroparesis
- The total prevalent population of Gastroparesis in 7MM in 2019 was 34,057,658
- The total diagnosed prevalent population of Gastroparesis in 7MM in 2019 was 15,633,997
- The prevalence was higher in females as compared to males in all 7MM countries
The market size of Gastroparesis in 7MM in 2019 was USD 3,170.01 million.
Gastroparesis Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Gastroparesis market are
- Gimoti (Metoclopramide Nasal Spray)
- TAK 906
And many others.
Gastroparesis Key Players
The key players in the Gastroparesis market are
- Evoke Pharma
- Vanda Pharmaceuticals
- Theravance Biopharma
- Censa Pharmaceuticals
- Bird Rock Bio
- CinDome Pharma
- Takeda (Millennium Pharmaceuticals)
And many others.