Hemophilia A is a genetic bleeding disorder in which an individual lacks or has low levels of proteins named clotting factor VIII.
The mainstay treatment option has long been FVIII replacement therapy. Initially, FVIII replacement was accomplished by donated whole blood, subsequently by plasma, and currently by recombinant human FVIII (rFVIII) replacement therapies, which revolutionized the treatment of Hemophilia A.
About 30% of severe hemophilia A patients develop neutralizing anti-FVIII alloantibodies (inhibitors), which render the FVIII replacement ineffective. The standard of care therapy for patients with inhibitors is to induce immune tolerance with high-dose, high-frequency FVIII, and treatment with bypassing agents (e.g., recombinant activated factor VII such as NovoSeven, FEIBA).
Hemophilia A Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Hemophilia A in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Incident Cases of Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis
- Gender-specific Incident Cases of Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis
- Age-specific Incident Cases of Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis
- Subtype-specific Incident Cases of Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis
Hemophilia A Epidemiology
- More than 80% of people with Hemophilia have Hemophilia A.
- The total prevalent population of Hemophilia A in 7MM in 2017 was 42,458
- The highest prevalent population of Hemophilia A was in the United States in 2017 was 14,200
The market size for Hemophilia A in 2017 was USD 5,760 Million
Hemophilia A Market Drivers
- The popularity of Gene Therapy
- Development of Novel Treatments with extended half-life
- Increased Focus on Prophylactic Treatment
Hemophilia A Market Barriers
- High Cost of Treatment
- Inconvenience and Scheduling Barriers
- Lack of Skilled Healthcare Professionals
Hemophilia A Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Hemophilia A market are
- Valoctocogene Roxaparvovec
- Concizumab (NN7415)
- Marzeptacog Alfa
And many others.
Hemophilia A Key Players
The key players in the Hemophilia A market are
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical
- Sangamo Therapeutics
- (Novo Nordisk
- Opko Biologics
- Spark Therapeutics
- Catalyst Biosciences
And many others.