Hemophilia is an inherited bleeding disorder where the blood doesn't clot properly. This can lead to any kind of spontaneous bleeding and bleeding following injuries or surgery as well. It is caused by a gene defect that decides how factors VIII, IX, or XI are produced by the body. Hemophilia B is a rare genetic bleeding disorder in which affected individuals have insufficient blood protein levels called factor IX, a clotting protein. Hemophilia B, also called factor IX (FIX) deficiency or Christmas disease.
Different types of Hemophilia disorders are Hemophilia A, Hemophilia B, Hemophilia C, and Von Willebrand disease.
Hemophilia B Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Hemophilia B in 7MM from 2018 to 2030 is segmented into:-
- Total Diagnosed Prevalent Pool of Hemophilia B
- Severity-Specific Prevalent Pool of Hemophilia B
- Hemophilia B Prevalent population with or without Inhibitors
- Treated Prevalent Pool of Hemophilia B
Hemophilia B Epidemiological Insights Observed in 2020
- The total Hemophilia B prevalent population in 7MM was 10,739.
- The prevalent population of Hemophilia B in the United States was 4,134.
- The Hemophilia B prevalent population in EU-5 was 5,408.
- The Hemophilia B prevalent population in Japan was observed to be 1,198.
- The total prevalent population of Hemophilia B was observed to be highest in France, whereas lowest in Spain.
The Hemophilia B therapeutic market is expected to increase at a CAGR of 8.9% in the 7MM during the study period (2018–2030).
Hemophilia B Market Drivers
- The popularity of gene therapy
- Development of novel treatments with extended half-life
- Increased focus on prophylactic treatment
Hemophilia B Market Barriers
- High cost of treatment
- Inconvenience and scheduling barriers
- Lack of skilled healthcare professionals
Hemophilia B Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Hemophilia B market are
- Marstacimab (PF-06741086)
- Fidanacogene elaparvovec (SPK-9001/PF-06838435)
- Fitusiran (ALN-AT3, SAR-439774)
- Etranacogene dezaparvovec (AMT-061)
- Concizumab (NN-7415)
- Verbrinacogene setparvovec (FLT-180a)
- SerpinPC (AP-0101)
- AMT-060 (AAV5-hFIX)
- SB-FIX, and others
Hemophilia B Key Players
The key players working in the Hemophilia B market are
- Pfizer/Spark Therapeutics
- Sanofi (Genzyme)/Alnylam Pharmaceuticals
- CSL Behring/uniQure
- Novo Nordisk
- Freeline Therapeutics
- Sangamo Therapeutics, and others