Hereditary Angioedema (HAE) is a rare genetic disorder, which is caused by the deficiency in functional C1 inhibitor (C1INH), resulting in recurrent attacks of localized subcutaneous or mucosal edema, usually affects the skin, intestines, upper respiratory tract, and oropharynx.
HAE is a heterogeneous disease with complex pathophysiology, which involves many pathways resulting in bradykinin's increased production with multiple genetic mutations in genetic etiology. These could include the Kallikrein gene mutations, Bradykinin gene or its receptor mutations, Kininase 1 gene mutations, loss of function, and mutations in gene encoding aminopeptidase and ACE enzymes.
It is classified into three types that are based on genetic defects such as type I HAE with low levels of C1-INH in the body, type II with poorly functioning C1-INH, or the recently identified types of HAE with normal functioning C1-INH (formerly known as type III HAE).
Hereditary Angioedema Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Hereditary Angioedema in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Diagnosed Prevalent cases of Hereditary Angioedema
- Type-specific cases of Hereditary Angioedema
- Gender-specific cases of Hereditary Angioedema
- Age-specific cases of Hereditary Angioedema
- Site-specific cases of Hereditary Angioedema
Hereditary Angioedema Epidemiology
- The total diagnosed prevalent population of Hereditary Angioedema in 7MM in 2017 was 14,435
- Gender-specific cases in the US, for males, it was observed to be 2,340, and whereas for Females, it was 4,206 in 2017
Hereditary Angioedema Market Size in 7MM in 2017 was USD 1,741.75 million
Hereditary Angioedema Market Drivers
- Rising Prevalence
- Introduction of Oral Therapy
- Increase in R&D
Hereditary Angioedema Market Barriers
- Misdiagnosis and under-diagnosis
- High treatment Cost
Hereditary Angioedema Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Hereditary Angioedema market are
And many others.
Hereditary Angioedema Key Players
The key players in the Hereditary Angioedema market are
- BioCryst Pharmaceuticals
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals
- KalVista Pharmaceuticals
- CSL Behring
And many others.