Hypoparathyroidism is a rare endocrine disorder characterized by low calcium and high phosphate levels, in the setting of a simultaneously low or inappropriately normal PTH level. Hypoparathyroidism has been classified as an orphan disease in the United States and by the European Commission.
Hypoparathyroidism is an uncommon condition in which the body produces abnormally low levels of parathyroid hormone (PTH).
Hypoparathyroidism signs and symptoms include tingling or burning in fingertips, toes and lips, muscle aches or cramps in legs, feet, stomach or face, twitching or spasms of muscles, fatigue, painful menstrual periods, patchy hair loss, dry and coarse skin, brittle nails, depression or anxiety.
Hypoparathyroidism Epidemiology Segmentation
• Total Hypoparathyroidism Prevalent Cases
• Diagnosed Hypoparathyroidism Prevalent Cases
• Gender-specific Hypoparathyroidism Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
• Type-specific Hypoparathyroidism Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
• Cause-specific Hypoparathyroidism Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
• Age-specific Hypoparathyroidism Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
• The total Hypoparathyroidism prevalent population in the 7MM was observed to be 262,542 cases in 2020.
• In the year 2020, the Hypoparathyroidism prevalent cases in the United States were 125,108 cases, whereas 33,276 cases were found in Japan and 28,604 cases were found in Germany.
• Gender-specific Hypoparathyroidism diagnosed prevalent cases were observed to be 16,264 males and 65,056 females in 2020.
The Hypoparathyroidism market is expected to rise at a CAGR of 17.7% during the forecasted period 2018-2030.
Hypoparathyroidism Market Drivers
• Rising prevalence of neck surgeries and autoimmune diseases
• Rising awareness
• Presence of major players
Hypoparathyroidism Market Barriers
• Knowledge gap
• Poor quality of life
• Availability of generics and off-label therapies
• TransCon PTH
• Encaleret (BBP-305/CLTX-305), and others.
Hypoparathyroidism Key Players
• Ascendis Pharma
• Calcilytix Therapeutics, and others.