Hypophosphatasia Market Overview
The National Organisation for Rare Disorders (NORD) defines hypophosphatasia as a rare, hereditary metabolic condition characterised by poor mineralization of bones and teeth. Defective mineralization causes fragile, fracture-prone, and deformed bones, which also result in tooth loss. It can be inherited autosomally recessively or dominantly, depending on the specific form.
Hypophosphatasia Epidemiology Insights (2021)
The Total Hypophosphatasia Diagnosed Prevalent Cases in the 7MM were 6,497 cases in 2021
Severity-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases in the US
- Mild - 4,914
- Moderate - 995
- Severe - 121
Hypophosphatasia Epidemiology Segmentation in the 7MM from 2019 to 2032
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Severity-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
Hypophosphatasia Market Insight (2021)
The Hypophosphatasia Market size in the 7MM was valued USD 677.8 million in 2021
Hypophosphatasia Market Strengths
- Advancements in understanding the pathophysiology and genetics of Hypophosphatasia, thereby elucidating new targets for treatment.
Hypophosphatasia Market Opportunities
- Developing specific biochemical biomarker-based assays with an increased understanding of differential diagnosis among physicians will lead to improvements in diagnosis, thus opening the windows of opportunity for new treatment options.
Hypophosphatasia Emerging Drugs and Key Companies
- REC-01: PuREC
- ALXN1850: AstraZeneca
- ARU-2801: Aruvant Sciences
- recAP: AM-Pharma
- ENPP1 inhibitor: Rallybio/ Exscientia, and others