Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma (ICCA) is a subtype of cholangiocarcinoma, a rare and heterogeneous malignant neoplasm with the epithelial cell origin biliary duct and histologic and biochemical features of cholangiocyte differentiation.
The causes of the abnormal proliferation in the bile ducts’ epithelial cells leading to tumors are unknown, and most cases occur sporadically. The malignant tumor may arise from any portion of the bile duct epithelium, i.e., anywhere from the terminal ductules (canals of Hering) to the ampulla of Vater, as well as at the peribiliary glands (intramural and extramural).
Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Incident Cases
- Gender-specific Incident Cases of ICCA
- Age-specific Incident Cases of ICCA
- Stage-specific Incident Cases of ICCA
- Biomarker-specific Incident Cases of ICCA
- The total incident population of Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma in 7MM was 10,177 in 2017.
- The incident cases of ICCA in 2017 in the US were 3,639 cases.
The market size of ICCA in 7MM in 2017 was USD 99.78 million.
Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma Market Drivers
- Rising Incidence
- Technological advancements in the identification of biomarkers
- Increasing R&D Activities
Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma Market Barriers
- Lack of awareness about the disease
- Heterogeneity of the disease
- Delayed Diagnosis
The emerging drugs of the Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma market are
- Balversa (Erdafitinib)
- Futibatinib (TAS-120)
- Opaganib (ABC294640; Yeliva)
- Niraparib (Zejula)
- Bintrafusp alfa (GSK4045154; M7824)
- Lonsurf (Trifluridine and Tipiracil Hydrochloride/TAS-102)
- Copanlisib (BAY 80-6946)
- STI-3031 (IMC-001)
- Abemaciclib Nal-IRI with 5-fluorouracil and/or Leucovorin
- Olutasidenib (FT-2102)
- Gemcitabine, Cisplatin, and MEK162
And many others.
Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma Key Players
The key players in the Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma market are
- Delcath Systems
- Basilea Pharmaceutica
- Agios Pharmaceuticals
- Loxo Oncology
- QED Therapeutics
- Janssen Pharmaceutical
- Taiho Oncology
- RedHill Biopharma
- Sorrento Therapeutics
- Yuhan Corporation
- Hutchison Medipharma
- Jiangsu HengRui Medicine
- Eli Lilly
- Servier Laboratories
- Genoscience Pharma
- Forma Therapeutics
- Array BioPharma
And many others.