Cancer immunotherapy (CI) is rapidly advancing and joining the ranks of surgery, cytotoxic chemotherapy, radiation, and targeted therapy. Combating cancer with immunotherapy has revolutionized treatment for some patients, and therapies aiming for the immune checkpoint molecules such as CTLA-4 and PD-1 have achieved durable responses in melanoma, renal cancer, Hodgkin’s diseases, and lung cancer.
Lymphocyte-activation gene 3 (LAG-3) is an immune checkpoint receptor protein found on the cell surface of effector T cells and regulatory T cells (Tregs) and functions to control T cell response and activation and growth. T cells are a type of white blood cell that is part of the immune system.
LAG-3 in Cancer Immunotherapy
LAG-3 (CD223) is a cell surface molecule expressed on activated T cells, NK cells, B cells, and plasmacytoid dendritic cells that play an important but incompletely understood role function of these lymphocyte subsets. Also, the interaction between LAG-3 and its primary ligand, Class II MHC, is thought to play a role in modulating dendritic cell function. Recent preclinical studies have documented a role for LAG-3 in CD8 T cell exhaustion, and blockade of the LAG-3/Class II interaction using a LAG-3 Ig fusion protein is being evaluated in several clinical trials in cancer patients.
LAG-3-Next Generation Immunotherapy Market is expected to generate USD 7,009 million by 2035
LAG-3-Next Generation Immunotherapy Market Drivers
- The launch of potential upcoming therapies in the LAG-3 target during the forecast period (2022–2035).
- Addition of personalized drug therapies with combinational therapies to enhance the efficacy
- Increasing funding for R&D expense
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics
LAG-3-Next Generation Immunotherapy Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the LAG-3-Next Generation Immunotherapy market are
- Eftilagimod Alpha (IMP321)
And many others.
LAG-3-Next Generation Immunotherapy Key Players
The key players in the LAG-3-Next Generation Immunotherapy market are
- MacroGenics/Zai Lab
- Bristol-Myers Squibb/Ono Pharmaceuticals
- F-star Therapeutics
- Incyte Biosciences/Agenus
- Innovent Biologics (Suzhou) Co. Ltd
And many others.