Lennox Gastaut Syndrome
Lennox–Gastaut Syndrome (LGS) is a severe pediatric epilepsy syndrome that is characterized by the presence of multiple pharmaco-resistant seizure types, including tonic, atypical absences, and tonic or atonic drop attacks, and the presence of electroencephalographic abnormalities, such as slow-spike waves and paroxysmal fast rhythms.
People with Lennox–Gastaut Syndrome begin having frequent seizures in early childhood, usually between ages 3 and 5. The disease is also a physically dangerous epilepsy syndrome of childhood due to the frequent falls, injuries, and cognitive impairment that can severely restrict the quality of life. Children affected might previously have infantile spasms or underlying brain disorder, but aetiology can be idiopathic also.
Lennox–Gastaut Syndrome causes, generally, is divided into two broader groups, i.e., Identifiable causes and Cryptogenic (non-identifiable) causes. Identifiable causes include brain damage (e.g., head trauma), perinatal complications (e.g., birth asphyxia, intrauterine growth retardation, kernicterus), congenital central nervous system malformations (e.g., tuberous sclerosis), infections (e.g., meningitis, sepsis), or metabolic disorders.
Lennox Gastaut Syndrome Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Lennox Gastaut Syndrome in 7MM from 2019 to 2032 is segmented as:-
- Total Prevalent Cases
- Total Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Gender-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Seizure-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- The total prevalent population of Lennox Gastaut Syndrome in 7MM was 114K in 2022
- The total prevalent population of Lennox Gastaut Syndrome in US was 49K in 2022
- The total prevalent population of Lennox Gastaut Syndrome in EU4 and UK was 61K in 2022
- The total prevalent population of Lennox Gastaut Syndrome in Japan was 4K in 2022
- Males had the highest prevalent cases of Lennox Gastaut Syndrome as compared to females
Lennox Gastaut Syndrome Market
The Market Size of Lennox Gastaut Syndrome in 7MM in 2022 was USD 595 Million
Lennox Gastaut Syndrome Market Drivers
- Promising Emerging Therapies
- Increase in R&D
- Government initiatives and funding
Lennox Gastaut Syndrome Market Barriers
- Generic nature of the market
- Challenges during clinical studies
- No effective treatment options available
The emerging drugs of the Lennox Gastaut Syndrome market are
- Fycompa (Perampanel)
- Fintepla (ZX 008)
- TAK-935/ OV935, And many others.
Lennox Gastaut Syndrome Key Players
The key players in the Lennox Gastaut Syndrome market are
- Takeda/Ovid, And many others.