Metabolic Acidosis (MA) is a severe electrolyte disorder, which is characterized by an imbalance in the body's acid-base balance. Metabolic acidosis can lead to acidemia that is arterial blood of pH lower than 7.37, resulting from acidosis - the body's process that causes a low pH in blood and tissues.
Metabolic Acidosis symptoms are not specific, and people may experience palpitations, headache, altered mental status such as severe anxiety due to hypoxia, decreased visual acuity, nausea, puking, abdominal pain, changed appetite and weight gain, muscle weakness, bone pain, and joint pain. Individuals with acute metabolic acidosis may exhibit deep, rapid breathing called Kussmaul respirations, which is classically associated with diabetic ketoacidosis.
Metabolic Acidosis Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Metabolic Acidosis in 10EM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Prevalence of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Total Prevalence of Metabolic Acidosis in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Gender-specific Incidence of Metabolic Acidosis
- Total Treated Population of Metabolic Acidosis
- Total Diagnosed Population of Metabolic Acidosis
Metabolic Acidosis Epidemiology
- The Prevalence of Metabolic Acidosis in 7MM + 3EM in 2017 was 19,982,276.
- The highest number of prevalent cases of Metabolic Acidosis was in China with 10,125,248 cases in the 10 EM in 2017
The Metabolic Acidosis market size in 10EM in 2017 was USD 26.9 Million
Metabolic Acidosis Market Drivers
- Increasing prevalence rate
- Emerging treatment options
- Increased healthcare spending
- Increase in the Geriatric Population
Metabolic Acidosis Market Barriers
- Limited funding
- Complex etiology
Metabolic Acidosis Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Metabolic Acidosis market are
- Veverimer (TRC101)
And many others.
Metabolic Acidosis Key Players
The key players in the Metabolic Acidosis market are
- Advicenne Pharma
And many others.